Page 187 of 187 FirstFirst ... 87137177182185186187
Results 3,721 to 3,732 of 3732

Thread: General Movies Thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    Btw wanna asks about Infinity War
    Spoiler:

Was stormbreaker really such a powerful weapon in the comic that it pumps Thor up to Thanos level with the gauntlet completed?
    Spoiler:
    No, it was "merely" equal to Mjolnir.
    My fanfics:
    The Gift (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot)
    - A duel between Cú Chulainn and Scáthach.
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.

O Beast of CaerbannogAAAAARRGH!!? castor212's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ....whatz up with that scene then
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    you don't need to think about it that hard
    Quote Originally Posted by castor212 View Post
    I dont get it
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    nothing makes sense

Why, they changed it for the movie.
    My fanfics:
    Passion Acknowledged (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) (Lemon) - Shirou and Shinji finally acknowledge their feelings.
    He Was a Good King (a Fate/Stay Night one-shot) - A short exploration of Beowulf's character as a hero and a king.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors pinetree's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    It's just different in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Let's be fair, he did more than just rip off Kurosawa, and Kurosawa himself was very influenced by Westerns.

Personally, while I'm a fan of the Dollars trilogy, I prefer Eastwood's Westerns. You know, "High Plains Drifter", "Pale Rider", "The Unforgiven". Or, speaking of more modern Westerns, "Tombstone", the remake of "3:10 to Yuma", "True Grit"... And I confess to loving both "Young Guns" movies.

("Maverick" deserves an honourable mention, even if it isn't really a straight Western.)
    I'm sorry, but the pairing of the cinematography and the scores in the last two dollars movies were absolutely brilliant as well as that of Once Upon A Time In The West. I don't think you can get much better than Ennio Morricone. I've seen a couple of the other Eastwood movies, but personally, besides the dollars trilogy, the only Eastwood westerns I enjoyed were Unforgiven, Outlaw Josey Wales, and Hang 'Em High. I still think they pale in comparison to dollars trilogy; those movies focused specifically on things like the intense conflicts between men in the west at the time and they highlighted them so well. Like the scene in The Good, The Bad and The Ugly where Angel Eyes is beating the living shit out of Tuco while the confederates play "the Story of a Soldier". That scene was so well placed, and just as well it seemed to throw a sympathetic note to the confederates in light of the gleaming luminescence that forces like the Union are often purported to be. (The confederates singing a song about the sorrows of wartime, while a random crook dressed up as a Union Sergeant helps a Union soldier beat the living shit out of a random crook dressed up as a confederate). and yeah, fistful was essentially a remake of Yojimbo, but Yojimbo took large chunks of it's plot from Red Harvest and the Glass Key. You could argue that Kurosawa's influence on Leone was similar to that of Heisler's film on Kurosawa, which is precisely what Leone explained in defense of his film; although Yojimbo was not a direct adaptation in and of itself. Otherwise, Leone's films were brilliant, just as Kurosawa's were. I think Kurosawa's influence on his cinematography was well placed.

"I would not know what the spirit of a philosopher might wish more to be than a good dancer."

Eh.

Come to think of it, I even prefer some classic Westerns to Leone's first trilogy, like "The Man Who Shot Liberty Vallance", "The Searchers" and "The Shootist".

I haven't seen the Once Upon a Time trilogy, though.
    My fanfics:

So. Just watched "Deadpool 2".

The first one had some pop culture references, but in general it was an irreverent comedy which felt genuinely subversive at times. This new one is far from it. I am so tired of writers thinking that pointing out the plot contrivances is intrinsically clever, funny, or innovative, and the same but in double about pop culture references.

The X-Force sequence, though... That one made me laugh out loud. It almost made the movie worth it.

Almost.
    My fanfics:

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Poor X-Force

i know there was criticism about
    Spoiler:
    Vanessa killed off for drama and as motivation for Wade. It’s valid though I must admit the story was still functional or meaningful in spite of or because of it

its cool we got the Juggernaut

i always smiled at the running gag of Wade being sunny to Yukio, since she’s a precious cinnamon roll

I completely agree with the criticism, but at the same time, the post-credits scene felt like a cop-out.

But yeah, I have to admit, that villain and the final fight scene were cool.
    My fanfics:

Blog Entries
    The international trailer for Christopher Rohin:

I'll admit it, I teared up. T_T
    "We do not know what kind of people we truly are until the moment before our deaths. As death comes to embrace you, you will realize what you are.
    That's what death is, don't you think?"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    The international trailer for Christopher Rohin:
    The closest to an Obi-Wan movie we're gonna get, yet.

2nd is infinitely better after all Spartacus's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    I don't want to watch it, because I know it gonna be ULTRA sad, and I can't take it.
    Support JP (05/05/2018)
    Tell me if you want a Medb, Tsar or Achilles. Saber will be there forever, deal with it.

??? 1st Act = 20%