Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234712 ... LastLast

Thread: mew's Translations

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    On the fact that the existing official translations suck.
    The official translation for the first book? But I thought he just basically agreed (implied) that the translation in that one is ok (but also that there's not much to translate in it to begin with)? :-/

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    So basically you're just assuming/taking it for granted that the official translation is going to suck? Why? What are you basing that on?
    The fact that you are also assuming/taking it for granted that the official translation is not going to suck.
    It's a two way street.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    The fact that you are also assuming/taking it for granted that the official translation is not going to suck.
    It's a two way street.
    I'm not though? I said that I will probably (the "probably" part being important here) not need a scanlation because an official release will probably come out. In other words, I'm saying the official release may be good enough that I won't need a scanlation. I'm not taking it for granted. And notice how I'm not even taking it entirely for granted that an official release will come out, despite the first book having gotten one (though I assume it is likely). So you're way off on that claim. Rather than taking anything for granted, I'm just trying to stay positive.

But anyway, so what you're saying is that my assumption that the official release will not suck (an assumption I wasn't making, but that's how you interpreted it) is what made you decide to assume it will suck? O_o That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me...What kind of reasoning is that? I thought you were either basing it on how good/bad the translation is in the official release of the first book, or on the quality of the translation in other works that the same people who translated Art Material have translated. That's something that would make sense (assuming said translations are bad), and that I could understand...

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Just passing to say Rokudaime is always right.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm not though?
    Then I'm not either.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Crown View Post
    Just passing to say Rokudaime is always right.
    Cut it out with the snarky sarcastic comments. Stop taking little jabs at me all the time. I'm not saying the official translation will be great, as I have no way of knowing that. I'm just not assuming it will suck, because I have no reason to do that either. Not that I know of anyway.

Then I'm not either.
    Unlike my post, "When there's Ghost in the Machine level errors I'm sure you'll be wanting this instead." pretty stongly sounds like it suggests that the official translation will likely be bad. But ok, sure, whatever you say...You didn't answer my question btw, but whatever.
    Last edited by Rokudaime; January 13th, 2015 at 11:35 PM.

....like, I don't see why you're taking Art Materials as a serious indication of translation quality when it probably has less words in its entirety than your electricity bill.
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Unlike my post, "When there's Ghost in the Machine level errors I'm sure you'll be wanting this instead." pretty stongly sounds like it suggests that the official translation will likely be bad. But ok, sure, whatever you say...You didn't answer my question btw, but whatever.
    Won't you though? When there is Ghost in the Machine level errors I am sure you'll be wanting this instead.
    When there is not then there's no problem.
    You say that I interpreted your statement incorrectly. But could it be you interpreted mine incorrectly as well. Which is why I said it you aren't taking a good translation for granted then I'm not going to take that it's a bad translation for granted either?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMegas View Post
    ....like, I don't see why you're taking Art Materials as a serious indication of translation quality when it probably has less words in its entirety than your electricity bill.
    More like I'm not taking it as an indication that the translation in the (supposedly) upcoming books will be bad, and, you know, like I said, I'm trying to stay positive. Like, you guys need to stop being so pessimistic. Yes, sure, I know a lot of official English translations for anime (though they've gotten better) and some VN's are bad (though some VN translations are really good as well), but books and manga are less plagued by this. I read a lot of officially translated manga, and I've seen several cases where the official translations were actually vastly superior to fan scanlations.

Won't you though? When there is Ghost in the Machine level errors I am sure you'll be wanting this instead.
    When there is not then there's no problem.
    You say that I interpreted your statement incorrectly. But could it be you interpreted mine incorrectly as well. Which is why I said it you aren't taking a good translation for granted then I'm not going to take that it's a bad translation for granted either?
    I guess I misinterpreted your post then. That's fine. I still say your post carried a pretty heavy implication that mine didn't though. Maybe you just don't realize/see it yourself. Thank you for answering my question though.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Have localizations actually been announced for the other Complete Material books?

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Have localizations actually been announced for the other Complete Material books?
    The intention seems to be to release them all, but no further volumes are confirmed yet, and it's been 7 months since the release of the first book.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMME ALL YER MONEY
    UDON strongly urges fans to pre-order Fate/Complete Material Volume 1: Art Material, as sales of this volume will help determine availability of future volumes!
    don't quote me on this

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it would cost too much to release 2 and maybe 3.

The books after that have a lot of random stuff that I don't think the casual English speaking fans would understand, though.

Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    The intention seems to be to release them all, but no further volumes are confirmed yet, and it's been 7 months since the release of the first book.
    I already bought it, I'm not buying it again
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    Just like the Japanese release!

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't think it would cost too much to release 2 and maybe 3.

The books after that have a lot of random stuff that I don't think the casual English speaking fans would understand, though.
    And yet they still released the Valkyria Chronicles 3 artbook after 1 and 2 so I wouldn't rule it out.

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Tranquilo, Japones, Tranquilo JetKinen's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm still waiting for that Asura's Wrath book.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Organizing my Google Drive I saw I still had that 20-30 page Netokaru interview lying around, so I spent a couple of hours writing. It's about halfway done now. I'm sort of worried it's going to cause flame wars once it's posted because it's all about author intentions and difficulties.

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten CM3.

Blog Entries
    author intentions
    Those don't exist.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Exactly, man. Exactly.

Blog Entries
    Organizing my Google Drive I saw I still had that 20-30 page Netokaru interview lying around, so I spent a couple of hours writing. It's about halfway done now. I'm sort of worried it's going to cause flame wars once it's posted because it's all about author intentions and difficulties.

Don't worry, I haven't forgotten CM3.
    while I am interested, why do I feel like I am also gonna need to keep an extra pot of coffee on hand. or perhaps a non opened bottle of whiskey
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.