Page 146 of 287 FirstFirst ... 4696136141144145146147148151156196246 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,920 of 5730

Thread: Lord El-Melloi II Case Files

So is there a synopsis of this last volume then? I'm just really curious about some stuff in the spoiler boxes and want to know how they happened.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    Well in Dawn that girl just uses lair of the beast king so probably not
    But she was literally part of it in that case. Here, to use an example, how exactly do you say deploy UBW if you killed Shirou and inherited his RM? Do you have to somehow personalize it first or anything to use it (assumimg you know how to deploy it)?
    Last edited by warellis; May 19th, 2019 at 07:23 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    But she was literally part of it in that case. Here, to use an example, how exactly do you say deploy UBW if you killed Shirou and inherited his RM? Do you have to somehow personalize it first or anything to use it (assumimg you know how to deploy it)?
    like they do it in hanafuda i guess.
    Norikata's RM wasn't used here. They just used his time acceleration stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

For all we know, the process might require hooking up the brain jar and circuits of the defeated owner like extra RAM.

Surpass her level, if you dare. hayate's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well in Dawn that girl just uses lair of the beast king so probably not
    Wait, I need to re - read Kagetsu Tohya again.

I missed that bit.

All I know that she is a DA after she died, but to have Nrvnqsr's power?

Yikes...
    Not dealing with it...

Why even try?

This is golden...
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Lol Ishtarin went full Aqua
    Quote Originally Posted by Optimus View Post
    I've seen people in this forum spend the GDP of a third world country into Grand Order
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    Yeah, there's a saying that you should strive for perfection knowing full well you won't achieve it. Saber looked at it and said "Hold my Beer"
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    And then all her friends resented her for it.

Is anyone else confused about the timeline and with this and strange fake like gray make sense that she has a mask on but there's a bunch of other weird stuff going on like Waver still wants to summon rider in the holy Grail war I'm just saying it feels like the development doesn't matter here and they still say he's El - Melloi II so what did he marry into the family now because they still say Reines the sister and strange fake

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle All fictions's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Please reword your comment so it can be understood. If you can't see what's wrong with it, at least put your points/questions in a bullet list. I only get that you talk about timelines but then you mix it up with Strange Fake for some bizarre reason and do a run-on sentence without a clear division between subjects.

To try to adress what I think I understand: the timelines are pretty simple. Case Files takes place largely in 2003-2004, months and then weeks and then days before the Fifth Holy Grail War (a "mystery route", as in it is unknown which route of the VN it will be) starts. Waver hopes to clear the debt the El-Melloi family has accrued by the time the war starts, so he can be free of his responsibilities and go to Fuyuki to summon Iskandar again. As we know, he won't succeed.

Strange Fake takes place in an alternate world completely, some unspecified number of years after the Fifth Holy Grail War (again a mystery route) went down (my own guess is 2008). Waver thinks of giving Iskandar's catalyst to Flat to participate in the Snowfield ritual because he can't go there himself as a Lord.

Waver's motivations are pretty clear: if there is a chance for him to see Iskandar again, he wants to take it, no matter the timeline, because it seems to be an universal constant that he will always summon Iskandar in a Grail War and face his teacher Kayneth there, it will always change him, and he will always become Lord El-Melloi II after Kayneth's death.

As for Reines' situation in FSF, unclear. Presumably, she is ~20 like Gray and Flat, but the only mention of her succession is this:
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF vol. 2 ch. 6
    "Leave off the sarcasm. You know better than anyone that being an acting Lord doesn't mean anything."

"Yes, I agree. I'm merely keeping the seat warm. Which do you think will happen first — our princess reaching maturity, or the stately procession making its way through Fuyuki and other special spiritual lands coming back?"
    Last edited by All fictions; May 27th, 2019 at 02:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Punching out some nerd doesn't make you a better magus.

I'm pretty sure the whole idea is that Case Files is something that happened regardless the route FSN takes, as it's irrelevant to it.

Strange Fake is a completely different world that in some miraculous coincidence, has everything happening before it being exactly the same as the stay night world.

Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    I'm pretty sure the whole idea is that Case Files is something that happened regardless the route FSN takes, as it's irrelevant to it.

Strange Fake is a completely different world that in some miraculous coincidence, has everything happening before it being exactly the same as the stay night world.
    Doesn't Strange Fake, in what little we hear about Fuyuki, somehow seem to be a alternate to any of the three routes? It seems we hear about Shirou being able to make an infinite number of copies ala UBW but then we hear about Berserker's blackening ala HF. And then we hear Rin is at the Clock Tower alone(?) which sounds more like Fate or HF?

Doesn't Strange Fake, in what little we hear about Fuyuki, somehow seem to be a alternate to any of the three routes? It seems we hear about Shirou being able to make an infinite number of copies ala UBW but then we hear about Berserker's blackening ala HF. And then we hear Rin is at the Clock Tower alone(?) which sounds more like Fate or HF?
    Strange Fake is going to make references to all of them without confirming one. Like Narita already said it's a mystery route.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Strange Fake is going to make references to all of them without confirming one. Like Narita already said it's a mystery route.
    strange fake is school life route
    school life is a modified hf
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

Yeah, Eiichirou called it a HF 1.5 right?

Still, Narita said that before Himuten went that direction.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Looking at the dates for the tankobons, it would seem Strange Fake was released co-currently with the HGW 5 arc of Himuten.
    Seeing as they seemed to be in contact and for one of the interview (pre-release or after vol 2) for FSF Narita kept telling readers to read School Life, I don't see how Narita wouldn't know Mashin was going in that direction.

Well, then definitely Narita was just playing coy.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What I'm trying to get at is, it's good that Shinji's alive in the Strange Fake world.

I wonder if the Material will give us the Magic Circuit Quality, Quantity and Composition stats for everyone.

So what is revealed/happens in School Life? Since it's a modified HF route.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So what is revealed/happens in School Life? Since it's a modified HF route.
    Ciel comes to town and helps Ayaka handle damage control so things aren't that bad.
    Ayako still gets her blood sucked by Rider, she doesn't die because of a brooch Rin gave her for christmas. Gets hooked on otome games in hospital.
    There were a lot of black boxes in the fifth Holy Grail War. He did not know what fate that Heroic Spirit had met. He had, however, received information that there had actually been mass fainting incidents at the time, and that the Holy Church had covered them up as gas leaks. Apparently rumors that gas had leaked from an unexploded chemical weapon dropped by the American military had spread among the local high school students, and Faldeus' colleagues had conducted a follow-up operation to suppress counterfactual rumors... Or so he remembered hearing.
    Track Team Trio comes up with the hypothesis that all this is happening because of a leaking chemical weapon dropped by the US Army in the second world war. Himuro writes a report and gives it her dad who dismisses it.
    There's a giant explosion day 12? 13? that wasn't in HF.
    Zouken dies. Shinji lives.
    Himuro finds out her second betrothed is Makidera.

Ciel comes to town and helps Ayaka handle damage control so things aren't that bad.
    Ayako still gets her blood sucked by Rider, she doesn't die because of a brooch Rin gave her for christmas. Gets hooked on otome games in hospital.

Track Team Trio comes up with the hypothesis that all this is happening because of a leaking chemical weapon dropped by the US Army in the second world war. Himuro writes a report and gives it her dad who dismisses it.
    There's a giant explosion day 12? 13? that wasn't in HF.
    Zouken dies. Shinji lives.
    Himuro finds out her second betrothed is Makidera.
    Untranslated gag manga lore continues to be something else entirely.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.