Page 4 of 287 FirstFirst ... 2345691454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Lord El-Melloi II Case Files

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsaRandomUsername View Post
    I've waited ages for this. I've even speculated a little and even tossed around an idea of magi using an angel to derive knowledge from but coming up with Nasuverse OC is hard so I went "screw it, leave it to the big guys if they ever do anything with it."
    Same same same. I've always wanted to know what class biblical Angels would go under. I'm thinking Elementals, with the great ones like Michael being Divine Spirits.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Angels are equal to Holy Spirits if not categorized as Holy Spirits. We've just never got further than that.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post

Angels are equal to Holy Spirits if not categorized as Holy Spirits. We've just never got further than that.
    Doncha just love it when something mentioned off-hand gets its own work where it is elaborated upon?

Magi brought up in Tsuki -> Fate

More demonstuff in /hollow -> DDD and CCC

Counter Force in KnK -> UBW

Etc., etc.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I want Nasu credited as supervisor for the project though, this sounds like it could have some great worldbuilding stuff beyond the intriguing premise and Waver who is known to be a good protagonist. Would be a shame if everybody lolfanfics this again.
    Well, it's not "yet another Grail War", so that's a few points in its favor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Do we have confirmation that's Luvia? It doesn't look like her at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftovers View Post
    MORE CLOCK TOWER AND MAGI SHENANIGANS FUCK YEAH
    My exact reaction

It's kind of funny. The Grail War was what really sucked me into the Nasuverse, but as time has gone on, I'm less and less interested in that and increasingly focused on the magi.
    Last edited by Imperial; December 4th, 2014 at 03:29 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Doesn't look like it, IMO. Drills are too puffy to be her.

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Do we have confirmation that's Luvia? It doesn't look like her at all.

But her popularity is probably on the rise with the Prisma Illya anime, so putting her in there could get some crossover fans.

My exact reaction

It's kind of funny. The Grail War was what really sucked me into the Nasuverse, but as time has gone on, I'm less and less interested in that and increasingly focused on the magi.
    Explain how blond drill hair with Luvia's bangs and ribbons doesn't look like her at all?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    What if... it's her sister? :O.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    What if... it's her sister? :O.
    Then I'll laugh because it turns out Luvia is still trapped in fanfic hell.

That and there'll be a character free from the trappings, so more liberties can be taken.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Explain how blond drill hair with Luvia's bangs and ribbons doesn't look like her at all?
    I didn't see the ribbons at first with all of the text, and the hair look generic enough that it could be anyone. I don't see any drill there. It just looks teased up into curls.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    It was cool the first time, and eye-opening the second time, but after that it's just one What If scenario after the other where your given mileage varies depending on who is in it and what sort of lore revelations can be parsed from it.

Doesn't help (or does it) when the other timelines have mechanics that are explicitly stated to not exist in other universes, such as the Moon Cell and the Ruler-class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    But it makes total sense that Luvia has a sibling, considering the Edelfelt Scales!
    I know. Hence why I'm also kinda like You in that I'd rather it be a different Edelfelt spawn instead of Luvia because it's not like the Type-Moon already has a zillion characters for me to keep track of.

Blog Entries
    It was cool the first time, and eye-opening the second time, but after that it's just one What If scenario after the other where your given mileage varies depending on who is in it and what sort of lore revelations can be parsed from it.

Doesn't help (or does it) when the other timelines have mechanics that are explicitly stated to not exist in other universes, such as the Moon Cell and the Ruler-class.
    I'm still excited for Strange Fake, but you do make a great point.

After Apocrypha cut most of the Servants I was really jazzed about, I hung most of my hopes for it on some revelations about Darnic in the Third War.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I know. Hence why I'm also kinda like You in that I'd rather it be a different Edelfelt spawn instead of Luvia because it's not like the Type-Moon already has a zillion characters for me to keep track of.
    I'd rather it be Luvia. I was joking because who else could look exactly like Luvia and not be Luvia other than Strife? A sister.

Blog Entries
    I didn't see the ribbons at first with all of the text, and the hair look generic enough that it could be anyone. I don't see any drill there. It just looks teased up into curls.
    You must be blind if you don't see that giant fucking drill smushed into the left side of her face. And she has the exact same bang pattern as Luvia's Takeuchi art (which incidentally is identical to Rin's). And she's even wearing a jewel necklace.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I'd rather it be Luvia. I was joking because who else could look exactly like Luvia and not be Luvia other than Strife? A sister.
    To be honest I'm okay with it being either Edelfelt. Luvia could stand to be more other than Rin's rival, and anything on her sister could only help expand the 'verse.

- - - Updated - - -

You must be blind if you don't see that giant fucking drill smushed into the left side of her face. And she has the exact same bang pattern as Luvia's Takeuchi art (which incidentally is identical to Rin's). And she's even wearing a jewel necklace.
    Technically that's her right. :V

Blog Entries
    If I'm blind, at least I'll get a seeing eye dog out of the deal. Maybe I could even get a seeing eye corgi.

That would be amazing.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    The drills are different. Luvia's just flow down and happen to be curled, but this girl's seem to be tied to the side, like twintails or something. Also, they're way puffier, but that could just be art style.

These are excellent news, I welcome more Luvia if that's her, and even if it isn't the more popular Waver gets the higher the odds of the dismantling of the Fuyuki grail becoming a real thing.

Blog Entries
    I just hope Luvia turns out to be completely unlike what people expect and ruins everyone's head canon.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Rin wears a different hairstyle when she's an adult compared to when she's a teenager. If it's Luvia it could be something like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    I just hope Luvia turns out to be completely unlike what people expect and ruins everyone's head canon.
    +1