Page 11 of 287 FirstFirst ... 6910111213162161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Lord El-Melloi II Case Files

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Just pop some amphetamines before you start reading. They'll lock in your focus so hard you won't be able to not finish the book no matter how much you want to. Bam, problem solved.
    This is also a great thing to do if you have roommates.

Whenever my roommates in college had a big test the next day, they would stay up all night strung out on Adderall and clean the apartment from top to bottom as their study breaks. It was like having a live-in pair of maids.

Blog Entries
    Sella and Leysritt confirmed.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    JP Friend Code
    http://www.typemoon.org/bbb/diary/

New Nasu entry, talks about this a bit.

Also we can add Guilty Gear Xrd onto the list of videogames that he's been playing.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Pretty much what we've been saying, it's been quite a while since things were occult mystery themed like during old Type-Moon era.

(also it took me years to realize that the shorthand 型月 is pronounced "Type-Moon", ahahaha)

Interested in seeing Sanda's take on this. I've never read his stuff, if we don't count Red Dragon which wasn't really writing.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; December 6th, 2014 at 09:38 AM.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    (also it took me years to realize that the shorthand 型月 is pronounced "Type-Moon", ahahaha)
    I'll save you a few more years by telling you it's actually katatsuki.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    今回のダークホースは間違いなく「エルメロイの事件簿」です。
    lol Nasu forgot the II. I wonder if he's agreeing with Christemo.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So is he supervising this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He approved it for sure.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by koyuukekkai View Post
    Well, if there is something you tend to figure out about the human mind, it would be its ability to adapt to whatever you make it go across. What I'm trying to say is that you can't go "I won't enjoy it", "with me it will only bring bad results". That's only what I think, but if you try making reading a habit, even more if you're dissatisfied with the current situation, then I'm fairly certain you'll be able to end up appreciating it, as naive as it can seem.
    There are also some additional factors that aren't necessarily present since you're most likely interested about the content of these books (and DDD really is a thing) so maybe you can use your curiosity to go through the medium issue at first, then finally grow accustomed to it.
    No, it really doesn't work like that with me, unfortunately. Like, I'm a huge fan of The Lord of the Rings, and have watched each of the movies like 10 times, but when I tried reading the first of the three books after having watched the first movie once, it bored me out of my mind, and it was a constant struggle to get through. I forced myself through the whole thing anyway, just so my friends couldn't say I didn't give it a chance/stick it out etc, but it's not something I have done a lot, and it's not something I'd want to do again. I've never read the other two books (or The Hobbit for that matter). I read Silmarillion though, since there (understandably) is no movie, and I wanted to know about all that stuff.

Also, although I don't like reading books and novels, I have actually read a bunch of famous books, since I (paradoxically enough) took several literature courses as part of my English degree. Everything from Victorian literature like Jane Eyre, to fantasy novels like Philip Pullman's "His Dark Materials" trilogy (The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife, and The Amber Spyglass), to teenage novels like The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, to modernist literature like all of F. Scott Fitzgerald's most famous works, which I wrote my final paper on.

"The world is just another word for the things you value around you, right? That's something I've had since I was born. If you tell me to rule such a world, I already rule it."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hinode View Post
    Also we can add Guilty Gear Xrd onto the list of videogames that he's been playing.
    Excellent taste, Nasu

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rokudaime View Post
    No, it really doesn't work like that with me, unfortunately. Like, I'm a huge fan of The Lord of the Rings, and have watched each of the movies like 10 times, but when I tried reading the first of the three books after having watched the first movie once, it bored me out of my mind, and it was a constant struggle to get through. I forced myself through the whole thing anyway, just so my friends couldn't say I didn't give it a chance/stick it out etc, but it's not something I have done a lot, and it's not something I'd want to do again. I've never read the other two books (or The Hobbit for that matter). I read Silmarillion though, since there (understandably) is no movie, and I wanted to know about all that stuff.
    This doesn't prove anything about your particular ability to read books since you just described the natural human reaction to trying to read Tolkien's writing.

Blog Entries
    The Hobbit's better than The Lord of the Rings anyway.

Opinion Fight, Go!

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Man getting an English degree when you hate books sounds like a life choice on par with becoming a doctor with hemophobia
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

or a computer scientist who hates programming, ha ha, who'd do that

Blog Entries

Oh boy what the fuck happened here and how can I make it permanent?

An Omnipresence of Meme

Next forum addition after the wiki.

Blog Entries
    Wish I could read and enjoy light novels...Apocrypha, Strange Fake, and now this...I'm missing out on all the good stuff (I'm not counting FZ and KnK, since their anime adaptations are more than good enough for me, and I don't care about Fire Girl. I can't even remember what DDD is anymore, so I guess I don't care about that one either. )...But due to a nonexistent imagination, and maybe a lack of patience, I don't know, I can't enjoy anything that mostly consists only of text. I'll fairly quickly either get super tired and almost fall asleep, or I'll get so frustrated, bored, and impatient that I'll feel like punching something. Visual novels are fine since they have sprites, QG's, backgrounds and other art, as well as things like music, effects, and, oftentimes, voices and other things. Manga is also fine because it's drawings with text. Text and only text though, I can't handle...It either does nothing for me, or it drives me crazy...I hate that I was made this way though...

Too many illiterates these times. *sighs*

blue blue glass something something Pillzman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Too many illiterates these times. *sighs*
    Not everybody likes books

JP Friend Code
    Oh hey...Waver finally gets a purple haired lady.

His planned meeting with amnesaic Loli Assassin was canceled in Fate/Zero, good to see a spiritual successor of sorts.