Page 145 of 287 FirstFirst ... 4595135140143144145146147150155195245 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,900 of 5730

Thread: Lord El-Melloi II Case Files

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle
    Blog Entries
    Completely tangential question: does Touko still have her Mystic Eyes and her Magic Crest Wings?

Blog Entries
    I always thought she scraped the wings and dialed back her Enchantment Eyes back to their original level, and just focused on puppets and familiars after the Mahou debacle.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    "Originally, the magecraft of the Emiya family is accelerating time to its utmost limit in the body or a reality marble, places where the world will not interfere. Of course another person cannot imitate a reality marble. Luckily, the Spirit Tomb Albion is severed from the outside world and therefore interference by the world is weak. I think your formula can be used quite effectively here."

So I guess the Emiya RM is inherited.

Spoiler:
    Also a sealed magus is literally what Alba helped Araya create in Paradox Spirit. Brains and circuits in a jar.
    Last edited by You; May 18th, 2019 at 09:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post

Spoiler:
    Also a sealed magus is literally what Alba helped Araya create in Paradox Spirit. Brains and circuits in a jar.
    Spoiler:
    So the puppets or himself were the sealed magus? Also, if the Emiya reality marble is inherited, do we know the mechanism of inheritence? Like, is it part of the Crest?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    A reality marble can be inherited after the original owner is defeated -random line in HA
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

So whoever killed it, bought it? Now I wonder if anyone has thought to try that with Shirou...

- - - Updated - - -

Well probably, because it was seemingly mentioned in HA.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Blog Entries
    More specifically it actually was in hanafuda (during the taiga route, which we know nasu personally wrote)

in said route, taiga learns to use an RM. Ilya attempted to have her killed so she could steal it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Spoiler:
    So the puppets or himself were the sealed magus? Also, if the Emiya reality marble is inherited, do we know the mechanism of inheritence? Like, is it part of the Crest?
    Spoiler:
    A sealed magus is a brain+circuits in a jar.

When Zero aired we had no idea why Alba was seen as a Enforcer. The theories were it's actually "NOT-Alba" or "his fire is seen as top tier for destruction therefore Enforcer." Nasu was also his coy self about this. I think this serves as the missing link between Paradox Spiral and Zero.
    Araya asked Alba for help because he needed to keep the inhabitants alive. It would seem he asked Alba because he knew Alba would know how to keep people alive as just brains seeing as he was an Enforcer and would be familiar with the technique. Also he was a puppeteer which meant he could create bodies for those brains.

The brains in jars in Paradox Spiral
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    A cool GO reference has been the use of spirit roots. So in GO you get them from Spriggans because if you put a root underneath a statue, it comes to life as a golem. Compatible people can also attach the roots to themselves and then pump full of magical energy to get tree arms and legs.

So someone could become a tree person if they used a spirit root on themselves? Sounds kinda shitty, IMO, unless they also get some unique magic in return.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    A sealed magus is a brain+circuits in a jar.

When Zero aired we had no idea why Alba was seen as a Enforcer. The theories were it's actually "NOT-Alba" or "his fire is seen as top tier for destruction therefore Enforcer." Nasu was also his coy self about this. I think this serves as the missing link between Paradox Spiral and Zero.
    Araya asked Alba for help because he needed to keep the inhabitants alive. It would seem he asked Alba because he knew Alba would know how to keep people alive as just brains seeing as he was an Enforcer and would be familiar with the technique. Also he was a puppeteer which meant he could create bodies for those brains.
    Suddenly the reason why Touko ran makes a lot more sense.

Also makes me like Bazett a lot less, given that she's complicit in brain jars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Spoiler:
    Rufus's secret library had a thesis written by Zouken. I think I've mentioned it before. Turns out it just details the Holy Grail War ritual. Turns out that Kayneth actually read it, which explains how he knew about the systems in place to split his Servant Master line.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    There's going to be a Case Files Mats released in Winter according to Sanda's afterward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BeastXxx View Post
    Does Lorelei appear in the later books?
    nope

Spoiler:
    I like that the japanese fans are starting to point all the parallels between Heartless and Shirou (and Kotomine too).

死徒(下級)Lesser Dead Apostle

nope
    Does she get mentioned at least?

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Wait, the Emiya RM is being used for that place they're gathering their magical materials?

Spoiler:
    And what do you mean by "sealed magus?" As in a Sealing Designated magus?
    A reality marble can be inherited after the original owner is defeated -random line in HA
    More specifically it actually was in hanafuda (during the taiga route, which we know nasu personally wrote)

in said route, taiga learns to use an RM. Ilya attempted to have her killed so she could steal it.
    How does this work? Do you mean like say you killed someone with an RM, you could then take it and manifest it yourself as well?

Do you need to somehow personalize it because you're not the original user?
    Quote Originally Posted by yokushi View Post
    Spoiler:
    I like that the japanese fans are starting to point all the parallels between Heartless and Shirou (and Kotomine too).
    Spoiler:
    And what are the parallels?
    Last edited by warellis; May 19th, 2019 at 05:05 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by warellis View Post
    Wait, the Emiya RM is being used for that place they're gathering their magical materials?
    Spoiler:
    And what do you mean by "sealed magus?" As in a Sealing Designated magus?
    Spoiler:
    Heartless bribed an enforcer to give him Norikata. He's using him as a mystic code for the Saint Graph Hollow Shade Ascension Ritual (Faker -> Divine Spirit Iskander). He doesn't have to use the RM because Albion is deep enough down that the correction of the human texture is weak.
    Yes sealing designated magi.
    So he's using Noritaka's brain and circuits in a jar.

- - - Updated - - -

And what are the parallels?
    Heartless is more like Amakusa tbh than Shirou and Kotomine.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    So uh regarding what you said about inheriting & using RMs, is that how it's normally done?
    Spoiler:
    Carrying around the sealed magus and activating their brain & Circuits?

I saw some people analyzing Heartless not as an expy but as a reflection.

Spoiler:
    Kurou instead of Shirou.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So uh regarding what you said about inheriting & using RMs, is that how it's normally done?
    Well in Dawn that girl just uses lair of the beast king so probably not