Page 20 of 41 FirstFirst ... 101518192021222530 ... LastLast

Thread: Boku no Hero Academia

Good week today. The Big Three in the anime. Tokoyami gained his wings in the manga. And in Vigilantes it looks like Koichi has discovered a new aspect of his Quirk.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

JP Friend Code
    851974289/嵐
    Blog Entries
    Movie was alright. By the numbers with the beats. Funnier than most WSJ movies. Sort of subverts some expectations by having certain characters during the "you go on ahead we'll handle this" moments legitimately fail as the reason to push on without some. Climax kinda yoyos your expectations a little bit which kinda left me feeling a little whiplash. Also handles some of the emotion at the end by acknowledging the expected cliche in a sort of humorous way.

I'm pretty sure these scientists developing info on Quirk data go on ahead and move their mobile island and just plant it in Japan and found Academy City. Fukou da.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I was totally thinking of that one Raildex side story lol

This is not MHA at its story telling best in the sense of trying more than the mold, but I found it a good encapsulation of what it wants to be.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Movie was alright. By the numbers with the beats. Funnier than most WSJ movies. Sort of subverts some expectations by having certain characters during the "you go on ahead we'll handle this" moments legitimately fail as the reason to push on without some. Climax kinda yoyos your expectations a little bit which kinda left me feeling a little whiplash. Also handles some of the emotion at the end by acknowledging the expected cliche in a sort of humorous way.

I'm pretty sure these scientists developing info on Quirk data go on ahead and move their mobile island and just plant it in Japan and found Academy City. Fukou da.
    You saw it? In what language? I have not been keeping up with news except for the side chapters released in the run-up to the movie.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    It's out right now in the US subbed and dubbed until Octobeer 2nd.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    It's out right now in the US subbed and dubbed until Octobeer 2nd.
    Cool. If I can find a way to watch it in my city, I'll try.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries

who else thought BITCHES LOVE CANNONS, be honest now
    canon finish apo vol 3

Yeah. Also, how did you guys feel about the battle itself? I'm mixed. While I'm glad Horikoshi decided to shake things up and give Class 1-B a legitimate, well-deserved win, at the same time, I was rooting for Yaoyorozu and think she should not have been the one to lose.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I was expecting shooting stuff out like a claymore, but making that grab bag full of all sorts of distinct and useful items is pretty cool.
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yes, almost killing your opponent by growing mould in their lungs is a very heroic thing to do
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't mind what Komori did, it's just like choking someone, I'm sure it's safe if she's doing it to a classmate during training.

A lot of other things bother me though. How Momo's amazing plan that's supposed to show her growth is stopped because Kendo can just walk around with a giant canon attached to herself, or how Ayoama is completely useless and irrelevant even after Hori managed to make me care about him just a few chapters ago, or how Hagakure continues to be another useless non-character while even more characters are introduced—like, seriously, Momo's plan was basically have Tokoyami solo them, seems like the characters are also aware of the discrepancy in ability.

Overall it's just a very weird chapter, and the loss feels really unfair, even if they try to play it as really close.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I was expecting shooting stuff out like a claymore, but making that grab bag full of all sorts of distinct and useful items is pretty cool.
    Yeah, Momo's strategy was on-point this time.

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    Yes, almost killing your opponent by growing mould in their lungs is a very heroic thing to do
    Hey, they're preparing to battle against villains who wouldn't hesitate to go the extra mile. Might as well be semi-realistic about it.

Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    I don't mind what Komori did, it's just like choking someone, I'm sure it's safe if she's doing it to a classmate during training.

A lot of other things bother me though. How Momo's amazing plan that's supposed to show her growth is stopped because Kendo can just walk around with a giant canon attached to herself, or how Ayoama is completely useless and irrelevant even after Hori managed to make me care about him just a few chapters ago, or how Hagakure continues to be another useless non-character while even more characters are introduced—like, seriously, Momo's plan was basically have Tokoyami solo them, seems like the characters are also aware of the discrepancy in ability.

Overall it's just a very weird chapter, and the loss feels really unfair, even if they try to play it as really close.
    Did you miss Hagakure nearly soloing Manga Fukudaichi once she got the anti-fungal spray? I sure as hell didn't. I do agree about Aoyama being useless this time, and I really wish Momo had actually 100%, unambiguously gotten a win this time. We need to see her planning genius actually work out.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SirGauoftheSquareTable View Post
    Did you miss Hagakure nearly soloing Manga Fukudaichi once she got the anti-fungal spray? I sure as hell didn't.
    Winning against a non-combatant isn't very impressive to me, specially when she doesn't notice Kendo dragging a canon behind her and gets caught immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

Though I guess you're right in that she's not completely useless, but it doesn't make much of a difference.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Stealth Hero's combat style: stand in front of someone while screaming very loudly
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    She's obviously a master of throwing her voice!
    canon finish apo vol 3

Winning against a non-combatant isn't very impressive to me, specially when she doesn't notice Kendo dragging a canon behind her and gets caught immediately.

- - - Updated - - -

Though I guess you're right in that she's not completely useless, but it doesn't make much of a difference.
    Don't diss Manga. He basically has a stronger version of Echoes Act II, which is a super versatile ability. Also, Hagakure is unfortunately hindered by the fact that her only thing is being invisible with no super strength or anything, and she has to be naked to be invisible.

Honestly though, I don't see why they haven't made a costume for her out of her own hair like Mirio had prior to losing his Quirk.
    Last edited by SirGauoftheSquareTable; October 5th, 2018 at 05:47 PM.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Don't diss Manga. He basically has a stronger version of Echoes Act II, which is a super versatile ability. Also, Hagakure is unfortunately hindered by the fact that her only thing is being invisible with no super strength or anything, and she has to be naked to be invisible.
    I didn't say anything bad about Koichi, just that he's not a CQC fighter, which he doesn't appear to be. Hagakure had plenty of time to develop better uses for her invisibility, at least better than scream and fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly though, I don't see why they haven't made a costume for her out of her own hair like Mirio had prior to losing his Quirk.
    Because she doesn't matter, wait for her arc or something I guess.

I didn't say anything bad about Koichi, just that he's not a CQC fighter, which he doesn't appear to be. Hagakure had plenty of time to develop better uses for her invisibility, at least better than scream and fight.

- - - Updated - - -

Because she doesn't matter, wait for her arc or something I guess.
    Even Aoyama had a costume modified to optimize usage of his Quirk, and aside from that one traitor fakeout arc, he hasn't really gotten one either.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He had that since the beginning. And the two moments he had were great and more relevant than anything Hagakure did so
    Wait and hope

Personally, I don't feel strongly either way, but it would be nice to see all of Class 1-A prove their chops, even Mineta. The Midnight battle doesn't really count in my book.