Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 162124252627283136 ... LastLast

Thread: Boku no Hero Academia

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I do always enjoy seeing the reactions of people who seem to think abuse is inexcusable but murder is just peachy keen

- - - Updated - - -

specially since Shigaraki and his dad have bascly the exact same reason for their actions
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Action heroes kill people but they don't abuse their kids
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    excuse me i think you'll find endeavor does
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Um, no he abused his kids, past tense, do you even read this series
    canon finish apo vol 3

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    Let me be honest, what Kotaro did was inexcusable, and young Tenko was sympathetic, BUT as he is now, Shigaraki is just an angry SOB who wants to destroy everything. As Re-Destro said, what's the point in that, and destruction without creation is wrong. I do sincerely hope he gets put out of his misery soon.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    Good old-fashioned child abuse, never gets old.

Also I can't believe that his dad was a motherfucking Jojo reference.
    He was, how?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    Quote Originally Posted by forumghost View Post
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    My first thought upon seeing Papa Beatdown was Kawajiri Kosaku.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Really? Did not get that at ALL.
    Really, all 3 of the romances in F/SN are 'for want of a nail' kind of situations.
    You mean because Shirou winds up falling for the first of the three that he Nailed?
    I speak for the majority of important people* *a category comprised entirely of myself

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Shigaraki is still angry snot kid
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

You know, Nana giving away her son was justified. AFO literally did come after them, it was just after Shigaraki apparently killed them because his quirk "suddenly" appeared.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

AfO also did just kill Nana's husband prior to her giving Kotaro away to foster care.

Wow, Horikoshi definitely went out of his way to make this as dark and disturbing as possible, and it SHOWS. Damn, this was fucking horrifying what happened to little Tenko's family, especially when he murdered his dad. Also, these two chapters really show how good a character writer Horikoshi is, and it is definitely conveys the complex feelings Shigaraki has towards his family and how he has distorted those memories over time to serve his current ideology, if you can call it that.

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Meh, i actually felt like this is one of the weaker ones by far. It honestly just made me think ‘well i guess shigaraki was always a little shit’.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    He probably wouldn't have snapped and dusted his family and poor innocent dog if not for the abuse and neglect. And he definitely wouldn't have offed his dad.

I like how his mom went to comfort him even though it killed her, but honestly it was too little too late.

- - - Updated - - -

The art was great this chapter though, very detailed.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Agree with Raff on how Shigaraki would not have snapped without the abuse, and I feel that even after everyone else died, if his dad didn't smack him with weed clippers and tell him to stop, he wouldn't have offed his dad and might have been able to live some semblance of a normal life/be somewhat okay adjusted.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    But seriously that poor pupper, it did literally nothing wrong.
    canon finish apo vol 3

And he stayed with lil' Tenko to the end, never even trying to escape, unless the whole disintegration was too fast.

Welp, read the most recent chapter, and of all the outcomes I expected, I did not expect what I just read. I have mixed feelings because on one hand, the Meta Liberation Army is still around and ready to rumble, as are most of its leadership, but at the same time, they still lost to the League, even if Shigaraki did gain a serious powerup, and the rationale behind the surrender made sense. In any case, the Heroes suddenly look way more fucked with all this, and AfO seems almost destined to be broken out of prison.

Blog Entries
    'Not even the death penalty is severe enough' my ass. Those idiots should've killed All for One when they had the chance. Cut him into little pieces and then burn the remains, just too be sure.

I felt the exact same way. Prison is basically a cardboard box for him no matter what, and he definitely acted as if that were the case.

- - - Updated - - -

That being said, could they even safely cut him up? All Might in his weakened state was barely able to defeat the guy, and he had literally just torn a literal hole into Best Jeanist. Cutting him up may have been too risky, even with Quirk suppressant drugs. Also, doesn't he have Super Regeneration?

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    I feel relieve a bit that Liberation Army join league. That mean we will see more of them and they are not one arc villain.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    'Not even the death penalty is severe enough' my ass. Those idiots should've killed All for One when they had the chance. Cut him into little pieces and then burn the remains, just too be sure.
    They need to kill him right after he was defeated by All Might. Not several hours/days after that
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet