Page 22 of 41 FirstFirst ... 121720212223242732 ... LastLast

Thread: Boku no Hero Academia

Summer Dioscuri Dream Sandstorm77's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    I'm going to go with "no standard conclusion because something goes wacky with One For All and sends the match completely off the rails but Shinso's actions in the ensuing mayhem earn him a spot in the hero course"
    Same.

I’m expecting it to go berserk in some way.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

Dueling with Giant Robots to achieve Understanding naschyamamoto's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Ten bucks says we're getting some kind of prison break arc soon- or at the very least Stain and AFO are getting an extra lease on life.

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    There was contributing. And suggestions and . . . okay a bunch of people demanding me to write this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Well yeah, that last one always happens.

Knight of Joestar SirGauoftheSquareTable's Avatar
    I'll raise that to 15 bucks. Also, 20 bucks on double hypnosis by Shinsou and Monoma and Deku meeting another successor as a result.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Thank God we're finally in this match.
    I don't know about the rest of you but this arc has been the first time BNHA has bored me so much, even the chapter with my boy Bakugou was not that great. It's like the anime's hero license exam but even worse.

Personally, I've found the arc mostly fun and entertaining, though I am disappointed Yaomomo lost and Bakugou didn't get captured.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pinetree View Post
    Thank God we're finally in this match.
    I don't know about the rest of you but this arc has been the first time BNHA has bored me so much, even the chapter with my boy Bakugou was not that great. It's like the anime's hero license exam but even worse.
    Can't sympathize with you there cap
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Time to burn some dread Daneel Rush's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There probably will be a prison break, but I'd say it's too soon for that. It'd be kinda lame if Shigaraki's first big move is just releasing AFO again. It'd kinda go against AGO's theme of setting Shigaraki free, I think.

The arc hasn't interested me so much, but that's because I don't know enough about 2B to care or the stakes. The last time I was seriously interested in the manga itself was Gentle's arc. The consequences of him getting into the school were relatively decent (Festival cancelled, teachers fired, smile not protected), Gentle and La Brava were compelling but not despicable, and Izuku showed growth.

Endeavor vs High-End was good as well in its own way, but I can't root for Endeavor given the dark implications of everything he's done. Overhaul was just stupidly overpowered.
    Yet the burden shall be shared by two entwined, from which the sword will part from the body and be bestowed upon the vassal to sacrifice themselves and cleave through space and time.

Mark upon this unworthy flesh the emblem of the sacrifice, the vassal whose death shall bring forth victory through the fields of steel and blood!

The oath is laid here. We are the ones who represent all the good within the pure lands, and we are the ones who judge what is evil within the pure lands. Thou, Seven Heavens clad in three mere words of unequal power, shall emerge from the spiral of control, O keeper of the balance—!

Quote Originally Posted by Twi View Post
    The arc hasn't interested me so much, but that's because I don't know enough about 2B to care or the stakes. The last time I was seriously interested in the manga itself was Gentle's arc. The consequences of him getting into the school were relatively decent (Festival cancelled, teachers fired, smile not protected), Gentle and La Brava were compelling but not despicable, and Izuku showed growth.

Endeavor vs High-End was good as well in its own way, but I can't root for Endeavor given the dark implications of everything he's done. Overhaul was just stupidly overpowered.
    Frankly, Gentle and La Brava felt almost like a pointless distraction to me, and I just thought they were annoying. I like this arc because we finally can see 1-B in action. Also, as someone who read through the entire Shi Hassakai arc, it did drag, though the final battle was cool.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Welp.
    canon finish apo vol 3

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We know what everyone in 1-B can do now, at least
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

JP Friend Code
    That was way faster than i thought. I was expecting it not to happen until deku was in tough situation againts shinsou and monoma.

"An ideal is only an ideal after all. As long as you embrace that ideal, the friction with reality will continue to increase. So you will someday face reality and will have to pay for your compromises"

And it appears OfA is going haywire. Kudos to whoever predicted that on this thread.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Alright Ochako bring it home.
    canon finish apo vol 3

Yeah, and then the cat is really out of the bag. There's no way this is getting explained away.

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Not really, All Might didn't usually shoot unstoppable black tentacles, there's no connection to be made there.
    Maybe Eraser will figure out and confront All Might, but that's been a long time coming.

JP Friend Code
    I mean i know it‘s supposed to show shinsou’s growth and stuff, but did he really need to think of what he has to say to deku when he’d be willing to answer anyways?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I mean i know it‘s supposed to show shinsou’s growth and stuff, but did he really need to think of what he has to say to deku when he’d be willing to answer anyways?
    It's not like he spent much time mulling over it, he just shouted what he really wanted to say to Deku.

JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I was thrown by that too, but then he got to smile and it was all good.

Also Deku needs meditation lessons now I guess.
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    Welp deku is gonna be getting some major power ups. Tho i‘m not sure i like how we‘re going flame of recca now.