Thread: Black Night (oneshot)

Blog Entries

Black Night (oneshot)

Riding on the Capsule Servant hype. This was inspired by the Counter Guardian TOHSAKA pic floating around in the Rin fanclub. The plot is a nod to a certain scene in Bayonetta 2.
    (-----)

It was currently midnight in the residential district of Fuyuki City. Everybody sensible was tucked away at home, leaving the streets deserted, save for a few people. Appropriately, two of those people were a black-haired woman in a leotard, and a golden-haired young boy. Though the boy was your run-of-the-mill blonde foreigner, the woman was quite the opposite, with her raven hair teased into massive horns that made her head look like a croissant, and her leotard reached up to just below her breasts, which her jacket barely covered.

“I’m telling you, Tohsaka, I totally had that herd of Acceptances. You just got in my way and stole the kills,” the boy stated vehemently.

Tohsaka, the woman wearing the freaky getup, clenched her fists and sighed. “Look, boy, you’re in way too deep into all this angel business. Sure, you might have taken down that group of Enchants headed your way, but I won’t believe that it wasn't some sort of fluke.”

The boy quickened his steps, overtaking Tohsaka. “My name’s Gilgamesh, and my Gate could’ve more than dispatched those mongrels. You didn't have to throw that—was that a credit card?”

Tohsaka pursed her lips, bitterly lamenting the thousands of yen wasted in that single account. “I’d rather not talk about that, so close that pretty mouth of yours before we get into another one of those… messy encounters.”

As if on cue, the streetlights started flickering and the fog started gathering, heralding the appearance of a malevolent figure.

Clad in full black armor, and wearing a helmet vaguely reminiscent of a bucket, the figure spoke, in the ragged, metallic tones of a man.

“Tohsaka Rin. Hand over the boy or die.”

Tohsaka grabbed Gilgamesh by the wrist and pushed him behind her. “Hide. Now.

“I told you, I can ta—” the boy protested.

“Who is the adult here?”

Gilgamesh sighed bitterly. “You are.”

“Good. Now follow my orders and hide like a good little mysterious waif or so help me, I will blow your head off myself.” The boy ran off in the direction opposite the looming battle. After looking back to check on him, Tohsaka turned to her opponent.

“Nice suit,” she taunted. “Where’d you buy it, some cheap antique store?”

The man in black said nothing. Instead, he grabbed a nearby lamppost and ripped it off the concrete pavement, its metallic length already permeated by his power.

“Not much of a talker, are we?” Tohsaka projected her short swords, Kanshou and Bakuya. “Fine. I’ll pry open that iron mouth of yours in a moment.” Then she charged.

The pavement cracked as swords and pole met inches from the black knight’s chest. He swung wide, forcing Tohsaka back.

Tohsaka considered her enemy for a moment. Close quarters combat would be nigh impossible with the reach on that lamppost, and as much as she’d like to simply snipe him with a well-placed Caladbolg, they were at the residential district of the city, and putting innocents at risk did not sit well with her.

She lunged again, this time targeting the spear, and not its wielder. She smirked as the swords hit their mark, and the sound of iron falling to the ground was music to her ears. The knight roared, and delivered a powerful slash. She blocked with her blades, but the force of the blow shattered Kanshou.

Tohsaka backed away, and projected another copy of the black sword. Evidently, she was in for a long fight.

(-----)

Tohsaka inhaled sharply as she blocked another one of the knight’s powerful blows. Their fight had moved away from most of the houses and into a small park, which was good. Parrying the knight’s attacks had taken its toll on her, which was bad. How does one man get that good with a lamppost? Hmf. Must be a pole dancer, Tohsaka thought to herself as she summoned her fifth Bakuya.

Backing away from her, the black knight crackled with power as he readied to charge. Tohsaka sensed that this next bout would be the last. The knight roared, and barreled forward with all the force he could muster. Tohsaka threw Kanshou and Bakuya at him, not out of desperation, but as a delaying tactic meant to save time. Unsurprisingly, the swords were shattered in a single swipe, and the knight remained undeterred in his path of destruction.

Tohsaka simply drew a Platinum MasterCard from in between her breasts. You’re mine.

The knight was getting close. Dangerously so.

But that no longer mattered, because the fight was already over.

She threw the credit card and yelled “Welt… Ende!

The park was enveloped by a silvery light, forcing Tohsaka to avert her gaze. After a while, she opened her eyes and scanned the surroundings for any sign of her opponent. Unfortunately, the only sign he was ever here was the smoking iron pole impaled on the scorched ground.

He vanished? How utterly disappointing. Tohsaka simply sighed and walked away, wondering what trouble the blond-haired titch had gotten himself into now.
    Last edited by Nuclear; December 8th, 2014 at 09:42 PM.

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    . . . I detect hints of Bayonetta (then again, I've had the game on my brain recently, so I might just be projecting) - but otherwise, I'm not sure I follow . . .
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That probably still counts as spoiler info.
    Edit I was replying to another post that mysteriously vanished
    Last edited by Kotonoha; December 8th, 2014 at 04:44 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kieran View Post
    . . . I detect hints of Bayonetta (then again, I've had the game on my brain recently, so I might just be projecting) - but otherwise, I'm not sure I follow . . .
    This was inspired by the CG TOHSAKA thing, so any hints of Bayonetta 2 is intentional.

祖 Ancestor
    I understand she has a get up that's similar to EMIYA's (just you know after cranking the fanservice up to 11) but what made you decide to give her projection?
    Also why does the Lancelot here have bucket helm? Another part of the inspiration from Bayonetta? (not too familiar with the series)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray View Post
    I understand she has a get up that's similar to EMIYA's (just you know after cranking the fanservice up to 11) but what made you decide to give her projection?
    Also why does the Lancelot here have bucket helm? Another part of the inspiration from Bayonetta? (not too familiar with the series)
    Lancelot's bucket thing is from the Einzbern Consultation Room.

祖 Ancestor
    Yeah I forgot about that for a second there. Still curious about the projection thing. Gem bullets and jewel sword would have worked just fine in my opinion.

Blog Entries
    I needed something snappy and immediately recognizable, since I needed TOHSAKA to be able to fight in close combat as well as ranged. Though Bayo is mostly known for quadruple-wielding guns, she has other weapons too.

祖 Ancestor
    Eh, it isn't bad per se. Just a pet peeve of mine as I kind of dislike it when I see power transplants like that. Least you included Lancelot, whom I legitimately enjoy.