Page 21 of 74 FirstFirst ... 11161920212223263171 ... LastLast

Thread: 2Deep4Me or "How I learned to stop thinking and enjoy the headcanon"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    That only happens in death scenes, right before they fade away into golden sparkles.
    Incidentally the kind of scenes that, according to Nasu, are Fate at its best.

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    For starters TM has presented multiple types of immortalities over the years, ranging from Roa's lol-i-accidentally-myself to Touko's trolling, so you shouldn't generalize so much. I don't remember for example a single word having ever been spent against Touko's method.
    There was one pretty sweeping statement by Tohno Shiki that went something like "something that can't die, is probably something that was never alive to begin with."

can't find the source sorry
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aldeayeah View Post
    There was one pretty sweeping statement by Tohno Shiki that went something like "something that can't die, is probably something that was never alive to begin with."

can't find the source sorry
    That sounds pretty out there alright, by that logic that would mean even if the the "it" of something began an existence, if it never entered his view of "alive", it wouldn't able to die and vice-versa?

Does that mean Tohno Shiki considers mundane objects that have no sense of self, but can "die", are alive?

Did I get that right?

Blog Entries
    I don't think they are exactly perfect copies if they are nerfed/affected by their containers, but that's probably nitpicking on my part.

Blog Entries
    Does that mean Tohno Shiki considers mundane objects that have no sense of self, but can "die", are alive?
    The original phrase may have been more along the lines of "something without an end is something that never existed to begin with".

Sorry, I'm paraphrasing from memory and can't bother to search it it now.

But, as for your question. Shiki!Death is cease of meaning/function/concept. So yes, objects can die.

And something that can't die is something that has no meaning which is equated to nonexistence.

Kinda. I guess. Eh.

- - - Updated - - -

3)Well he could just be wrong!
    Whoever said that (Ciel or Shiki I think) was definitely in thematically-relevant-author-mouthpiece mode.

...But then again, does anyone remember that quote? I may be pulling a Cruor here.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; February 18th, 2015 at 08:04 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    I'm fairly sure that Roa hadn't thought a lot about how his own self would disappear.
    It was part of the plan. He talks about it in Crimson Moon, when Crimson Moon points to it as a flaw only for Roa to reveal that he did it deliberately.
    Last edited by Siriel; February 18th, 2015 at 08:14 AM.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Ah, found it. It's the convo between Ciel and Shiki after Arc nearly makes a snack out of him. When talking about Roa (it goes on after this bit).

CIEL: "But, as long as something has shape, it cannot but perish. There isn't anything that can withstand the passage of time.
    Vampires merely have a resistance higher than that of humans. Anything living internalizes death the moment they are born. Even if in possession of a body which does not age, as long as it exists, it cannot escape death.
    To escape death is to die.
    This contradiction is a problem that cannot be solved."
    SHIKI: "---Yeah. Everyone has death within them. If there is someone who doesn't, then that's---"
    [monologue] Probably something that never existed in the first place.
    Even Arcueid can die during the day.
    There can't be anything that cannot die in this world.
    Last edited by aldeayeah; February 18th, 2015 at 08:11 AM.
    don't quote me on this

Blog Entries
    The original phrase may have been more along the lines of "something without an end is something that never existed to begin with".

Sorry, I'm paraphrasing from memory and can't bother to search it it now.

But, as for your question. Shiki!Death is cease of meaning/function/concept. So yes, objects can die.

And something that can't die is something that has no meaning which is equated to nonexistence.

Kinda. I guess. Eh.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoever said that (Ciel or Shiki I think) was definitely in thematically-relevant-author-mouthpiece mode.

...But then again, does anyone remember that quote? I may be pulling a Cruor here.

Man that's a complicated way of saying "I deny everything about you because you never truly existed in my eyes."

Also Cruor's a meme confirmed

Blog Entries
    That's, quite simply, not true. At best you could argue that they all happened after she died a first time, but her relationship with Shiki didn't hinge on a menace of sudden death.
    Sure it did? The only reason she starts hanging out with Shiki is because of the threat of Nrvnqsr. After that the relationship is established.

My point exactly, because the Servants are stated to be perfect copies of the Heroic Spirits that reside in the Throne, which are entities that by TM's logic should be immune to any form of change.
    No? The incarnated/summoned Servants are physically present and mortal, and therefore able to change. Servants on the Throne are perfect records, and therefore cannot.
    Last edited by Siriel; February 18th, 2015 at 08:13 AM.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Blog Entries
    Ah, found it. It's the convo between Ciel and Shiki after Arc nearly makes a snack out of him. When talking about Roa (it goes on after this bit).
    Ahh. I love how nonchalantly he says it to confirm his view.

Blog Entries
    Ah, found it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roa
    About that matter, I desire that simplification. I want to cut off the useless "self", to keep its influence as minimal as possible.
    I do not wish to maintain a world-corrosive will as is your case, Brunestud.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Theory time:

The reason ufotable chose to give Caster a crocodile dragontooth warrior in [UBW] is that it's actually a shout-out to the Toriko OVA they did way back when.

(look for God Eater references in HF :P)
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Doublepost, but who cares?

New headcanon theory: Shirou being turned into a robot by Taiga and Illya in the fake Bad End in Fate parallels/foreshadows Archer's deal in Unlimited Blade Works as a Counter Guardian.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.

Blog Entries
    Ilya and Taiga representing ... innocents of the sort Archer-in-life wanted to save, but who betrayed him at last to his death, after which he became a CG? And/or innocence more abstractly, as in Archer's untempered ideal, which first encouraged him but then locked him into the path of a murderous machine.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm surprised no one has made any posts about the whole "HF is a Pro-Life/Pro-Choice analogy" schtick. Or is that joke old hat now?
    JP Support

Spoiler:

US Support
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Ilya and Taiga representing ... innocents of the sort Archer-in-life wanted to save, but who betrayed him at last to his death, after which he became a CG? And/or innocence more abstractly, as in Archer's untempered ideal, which first encouraged him but then locked him into the path of a murderous machine.
    It can, at least, be seen as that much. And depending on how much one subscribes to the theory of >implications of Archer's past with Illya and how deep they go, it takes on another level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Geek View Post
    I'm surprised no one has made any posts about the whole "HF is a Pro-Life/Pro-Choice analogy" schtick. Or is that joke old hat now?
    That's so 2010.

Blog Entries
    I've seen people outside BL joking about Kotomine being pro-life priest, so yeah, that's an old joke.

JP Friend Code
    Pingu
    Blog Entries
    Classic joke you mean.

Blog Entries
    It's still surely not a recent one.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Idea time:
    Garan no Dou is a fictionalized and fantasized analogy to Type-MOON's early days as a doujin group.

I blame all the random jobs they did to get money.