Page 29 of 74 FirstFirst ... 192427282930313439 ... LastLast

Thread: 2Deep4Me or "How I learned to stop thinking and enjoy the headcanon"

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    is this the closest were gonna get because you still cant tell me what you base this "eyes make you like muder" thing on

id rather not have this end in frustration

this was really fun

i didnt have a GD argument in a while and a tsuki one to boot is like christmas
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    I already told you, its an assumption.

We know shiki's love of killing is not a facet of his nanaya side. he only has one other trait that is related to death. Its reasonable to assume that trait is related if not directly responsible. I mean its worth noting in prologue shiki straight up bragged about how cool killing with death perception was before aoko slapped some sense in him.

but ok, ill turn it back to you. if its not because he is a nanaya, and its not because of his eyes, why is shiki a killer?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I already straight up told you, its an assumption.
    Alright then, that's all I really wanted.

As for other options I gave you a few dartboard guesses, I merely suggest eliminating the one that does the exact opposite (MEoDP)

Blog Entries
    remind me again those dartboard guesses?

cause the way I see it I can come up with only three

Nanaya (provably wrong)

the eyes (some hints, certainly not provable)

pure chance (possible but very unlikely)

did I miss anything that deserves a harder look?
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Maybe. Maybe not.

im a mysterious existence

my secrets can only be unlocked by reading what i wrote

Blog Entries
    Maybe murder just feels good by itself, and you either have to be broken or specifically train yourself to not enjoy it. Because the number of people who get addicted to it in the Nasuverse is well above what you'd expect from chance.

Blog Entries
    That's just H-game writing not discriminating between different forms of penetration.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Maybe murder just feels good by itself, and you either have to be broken or specifically train yourself to not enjoy it. Because the number of people who get addicted to it in the Nasuverse is well above what you'd expect from chance.
    sorry mcjon, nobody is listening to your theories anymore since we found out you give such horrible advice

yesterday you said you shouldn't do incest, but to a lot of people that would eliminate both akiha and taiga.

So according to you, the best thing to do is not sleep with two of the best girls in the nasuverse or else your kids might get super powers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So saith the devil; and his number is 666.

I freely admit to being bad at Tsuki in general, but I kind of want to see Bridge's longpost (when he's not falling asleep) on why we have to dismiss SHIKI so quickly, because that was where I tended to see the non-assassin murder impulses coming from.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    You are mixing up to different concepts. One is nanaya the person/child, the other is an amalgation of the training, beliefs,and drives that shiki has ingrained into his subconscious.

nanaya the boy is long gone, but shiki still knows that there is no need to mouth off to someone you are going to kill anyway, and instead should use the energy the would use to speak to kill even faster, or that its third rate to take pleasure in killing.

EDIT: also, SHIKI's changes in the routes follow a well defined and logical progression, what are you talking about?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    SHIKI is a bit like the Gilgamesh of Tsukihime, role-wise, he's the dude who's always the villain but whose motivation and acting in the story changes wildly to fit the story's necessities.
    In one route, he's Roa and wants that Arc pussy
    In another, he's SHIKI and an uber-siscon.
    In another, he's the ultimate loon, incapacitated physically, and he rapes readheads.

In other words, he's always a dark reflection of the protagonist: he takes what Shiki is already experiencing, magnifies and perverts it.
    To be sure that I understand: your position is that SHIKI's impact on Shiki is so inconsistent, for various reasons, throughout the VN that he cannot be the driving force behind a pretty omnipresent character trait?

I see the reasoning, but I guess I'd then say that there's SHIKI himself in his various attitudes and there's SHIKI's blood, his Inversion Impulse, his murderous drive, which I think one could plausibly see as an influence even where his outer personality isn't quite the same. I offer also that he's perhaps a more consistent influence than you imply:

Though the Roa that appears in Tsukihime has a rather brutal personality, that's because he's using Tohno SHIKI as his base. The original Roa was a calm intellectual.
    (I swear there's another quote about SHIKI and Roa's influences on each other - and something to do with Arc bringing out Roa more clearly? - but I can't find it right now).
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Blog Entries
    It's there seika. Specifically, cap's personality is strong enough do to his own innate potential and kohaku's machinations that he and Roa are essentially struggling for control. When shiki begins interacting with arc regularly, that gives roa the willpower needed to gain mastery of caps, when shiki spends more time with akiha and kohaku, caps is actually able to overwhelm roa.

there are a few lines in the VN where one or the other will mention having gained full or nearly full control over the other.

Blog Entries
    No, I mean like another Nasu comment on the whole thing - the variation between Near and Far sides was the focus, I think.

Dammit, I really want to be able to search strings of three letters. 'Roa' is a totally useless term with this forum's software.
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

Blog Entries
    But this whole discussion started for the sexualization of murder in Shiki's thought and actions, which remains difficult to explain through SHIKI's Impulse: that stuff is "only" supposed to make you a cannibal, not to give you stiffies while eating people.
    why is elesia not wearing pants

HSTP 500 Internal S ervant  Error aldeayeah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It always puzzled me how Satsuki, of all people, could see the killer in Shiki.

She certainly has a talent.
    don't quote me on this

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Peanut-007's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    *Angry Saber Noises*
    US Friend Code
    Weren't Satsuki's issues more depression and being a fuckmothering vampire though?

"We have entered an infinite recursion of Saber."

Blog Entries
    Where did you get the depression bit from, honestly?
    Meta Satsuki.

outdone by memes, i feel like killing myself

Blog Entries
    its very telling how saber and sakura fall apart once they leave their routes (wow im happy you found your conclusion in ubw saber why did you need that whole shirou assisted introspection again, wow nice how you are absolutely irrelevant in every other route sakura) and rin gains an additional dimension to her character in a route where she and the protagonist do not enter a romantic relationship

if i was on tumblr id come up with a rin tohsaka test for eroge right now but im gonna spare you that out of the goodness of my heart

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    if i was on tumblr id come up with a rin tohsaka test for eroge right now but im gonna spare you that out of the goodness of my heart
    remember when people were so upset about criticism that pacific rim didn't pass the bechdel test that they made a "mako mori test" that was just "if there's a girl in it you win"