Page 68 of 74 FirstFirst ... 185863666768697073 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1479

Thread: 2Deep4Me or "How I learned to stop thinking and enjoy the headcanon"

Tbh its kinda easy to wank Indian heroes given how nerfed they are in Nasuverse. If we go text by text the Mahabhrata has some very ridiculous stuff

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    yeah.

like Rama is actually absurdly strong in some parts of his story.

Turning him into a Saber just because of his childish whim is a pretty comical nerf.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    Tbh its kinda easy to wank Indian heroes given how nerfed they are in Nasuverse. If we go text by text the Mahabhrata has some very ridiculous stuff
    Like shaking the universe yet not even destroying the planet you're on, pretty ridiculous yeah.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    -logs-
    Time to speculate based on the assumption that Nasu remembers a once-mentioned fact from Stay Night.

Merodach is called the Original Sin.

Merodach is "the sacred right to select the king".

Conclusion: The original sin is a human ruling humanity instead of a god and/or humanity taking from the gods the 'right' to choose a ruler.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    Like shaking the universe yet not even destroying the planet you're on, pretty ridiculous yeah.
    I blame the Indian not having Rhon to anchor physics law and logic

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Altaris View Post
    I blame the Indian not having Rhon to anchor physics law and logic
    No excuses accepted, if Rome could do it they should have been able to do it too.
    Ragnarok, come day of wrath
    That fallen souls might bear our plea.
    To hasten the Divine's return.
    O piteous Wanderer.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by @Keo View Post
    Siege Heroic.
    tempts me to use this from now on because its cool but mainly to confuse people

Blog Entries
    just fyi I think the English fandom picked "Throne" because it sounds cool and grandiose, but the actual word is more generically "seat."

- - - Updated - - -

the Stool of Heroes!

oh wait
    The Za of Heroes

Extra cheesy

Speculating. Kertys is me:

Spoiler:

[5:38 PM] Kertys: it's not like concrete canon but
    [5:38 PM] Kertys: the last TM Ace had that timeline of different legends that show up in Fate
    [5:38 PM] Christemo: shakti the actual deity is supposed to represent like the underlying cosmic force, that sounds pretty close to the pillars holding down the laws of the world thing
    [5:38 PM] Kertys: just to help jpn players who dont know the history
    [5:39 PM] Christemo: oh rad
    [5:39 PM] Kertys: and Mahabharata was dated before Gilgamesh
    [5:39 PM] Christemo: well the epic being older is like
    [5:39 PM] Christemo: almost certain
    [5:39 PM] Kertys: yea I know, just
    [5:39 PM] Kertys: it means he might introduce some twist on Gil being "humanity's oldest hero"
    [5:40 PM] Kertys: or maybe just make Karna and Arjuna more recent lol. they already took liberty with Moses
    [5:41 PM] Christemo: well moses being roughly around ozy
    [5:41 PM] Kertys: most scholars agree the "Ramses" pharaoh of Exodus was not Ramessess II but they just made it that way for TM
    [5:41 PM] Christemo: is not that strange
    [5:41 PM] Christemo: moses is like, late 1500-1400BC
    [5:41 PM] Christemo: Ramesses born in 1403BC or something
    [5:41 PM] Christemo: plus remember Moses lived like 180 years
    [5:41 PM] Kertys: i mean its fine with me
    [5:42 PM] Kertys: cause the main theories for Moses' Ramses was just various kings of no real note
    [5:42 PM] Kertys: so this is cooler
    [5:44 PM] Christemo: Krishna died in roughly 3102BC, which was 36 years after the Kurukshetra War
    [5:44 PM] Christemo: timeline wise
    [5:44 PM] Kertys: yeah I wonder how Nasu will reconcile that
    [5:44 PM] Kertys: since Gilgamesh is historical king
    [5:45 PM] Kertys: oh, maybe he's like
    [5:45 PM] Christemo: Vyasa probably took 2000 years to write it all down lol
    [5:45 PM] Kertys: really really old
    [5:45 PM] Kertys: like by the time we get records of Gil being king he's been around a long ass time
    [5:46 PM] Christemo: I mean they could also go with the reverse; that Vyasa didnt start telling stories about the Mahabharata until much later, it depends
    [5:46 PM] Christemo: (Vyasa's got eternal life so)
    [5:46 PM] Kertys: but how is that relevant to the Mahahbarata taking place before Gil
    [5:46 PM] Kertys: if we just go by dates i mean
    [5:47 PM] Kertys: (IRL)
    [5:47 PM] Christemo: just trying to think of how they dont count as heroes before Gil
    [5:47 PM] Kertys: yea thats my question
    [5:47 PM] Kertys: maybe its some reason like that, or nasu just moves the dates around to fit(edited)
    [5:47 PM] Kertys: or my "Gil is old" theory lol
    [5:48 PM] Christemo: nasu shouldve really just went for "Gil is the first Hero-king" instead
    [5:48 PM] Kertys: aren't there kings who are also heroes in the indian myths tho
    [5:48 PM] Christemo: yeah but most of them are kind of nobodies
    [5:48 PM] Christemo: i mean its easier to just say "what about gil's dad and granddad etc"
    [5:48 PM] Christemo: because Lugalbanda was some badass as well IIRC
    [5:49 PM] Kertys: here's another theory, it doesn't fit with Karna and Arjuna and Rama but i'll say it anyway
    [5:49 PM] Kertys: maybe the Throne of Heroes didn't start being a thing until a certain time
    [5:49 PM] Christemo: maybe the throne is the Original Sin
    [5:49 PM] Kertys: smth about the way eirei are made
    [5:50 PM] Kertys: not enough humans
    [5:50 PM] Kertys: something like that
    [5:50 PM] Kertys: since the reason we can even have Heroic Spirits being these super avatars of humanity is because we're in the Age of Humanity
    [5:50 PM] Christemo: The throne could easily be the Original Sin they're talking about, if they go for something like "Man's greatest, original sin, was worshipping themselves"
    [5:51 PM] Kertys: that'd be cool, yeah
    [5:51 PM] Kertys: starting to see it now, after the bits about Dead Apostles vs Fate in other titles
    [5:51 PM] Kertys: in worlds/times where humanity is strong enough, we can use heroic spirits
    [5:52 PM] Kertys: since Dead Apostlse are supposed to be antithesis of human history/law
    [5:52 PM] Kertys: there are worlds where DAs are stronger and we can't use heroic spirits on the servant level
    [5:52 PM] Christemo: THE MOON PEOPLE
    [5:52 PM] Kertys: and that connects to Age of Gods
    [5:52 PM] Kertys: where the god spirits are still the supreme organisms
    [5:52 PM] Kertys: and humans are like animals
    [5:53 PM] Kertys: and Gil moving humanity away from that status...
    [5:53 PM] Kertys: its coming together, man
    [5:53 PM] Christemo: so Gil becomes the centerpoint against vampires, just like in World of Darknesss...
    [5:53 PM] Kertys: what if "First Heroic Spirit" is because he's the guy who makes Heroic Spirits possible
    [5:54 PM] Kertys: nah well, with vampires, Gil doesn't really know about them because they came way later. but he's related to power shift from gods to humans
    [5:54 PM] Kertys: only in some universes you have these vampire monsters who walk all over humans, later
    So... the "Seat of Heroes" is just "a place where heroes gather" therefore its the prototype Round Table, meaning that the throne of heroes was inside GoB this whole time, and the reason heroes didnt exist/didnt count before Gil is because GoB didnt exist?

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mizukume View Post
    Science being OP reminds me of Devil Survivor 1's plot where Cain took advantage of the internet forums to summon demons (BL included), or Devil Survivor 2 where the demon summoning program is distributed via appstore, or how demons are summoned and controlled by the player in literally every SMT games that are not Persona.
    different thread but I thought my reply belonged here more.

I think the entire pursuit of magic, being the attempt to recreate and maintain mysteries of the past (the previous Age), is doomed to oblivion because the current World has been pushing in the other direction for 2000 years. The Extra setting and all its hints to Notes/Overworld 1999 event is evidence for this, though it's not a 1:1 example because there were extrinsic events that accelerated it.

Science is fated to defeat cause the death of magic in the current age because of how fundamentally differently they work. Magic in the current age remains powerful only if it is kept secret and tightly controlled, but our current methods of research and knowledge production only have strong predictive power if they are widely replicated with large data pools.

In the Age of Gods, who knows if that's how it worked. We have indications that AoG magi were completely different from modern magi, philosophically. I have a feeling that magicky things were just their technology in the past, magi were the scholars and engineers of their time, and maybe they didn't really need to worry about things being lost or preserved.

And in FGO Roman (or Da Vinci, I forget) did mention that the distinction between mage and scientist wasn't really meaningful in the past.
    Last edited by mewarmo990; October 4th, 2016 at 12:26 AM.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    but i love magecraft
    ;w;
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    idk what that is. sounds like a word somebody made up

魔法 mahou
    Systems of skills and techniques, closer to what we call ‘science’ than the average image of magic and magicians.
    First and foremost, mages were philosophers, seeking to uncovering the secrets of the world; instead of facing the physical world, they turn to the spiritual world, dealing with beings of knowledge. However, as there are limits to how much mental strength a single person can possess, it is often the case that mages borrow the power of supernatural beings. Thus, mages were held in awe and fear, as prophets of divine will, and philosophers who have seen the deep places of the world.
    However, as human science evolved and becomes more advanced, our perception and understanding of the world expanded, and the mysteriousness of magic disappeared. Magic itself is no longer used to reach ‘ultimate truth’, but simply for practical purposes – charming or killing another individual, predicting the future, treating injuries, or amassing of wealth. Thus, modern mages should no longer be considered ‘those who exceed’, but simply those skilled at supernatural techniques.

- - - Updated - - -

Humanity has declined
    <%canaki> can we move the toast down to be emergency pantsu and put the boiled egg in her mouth
    My stuff | GO stuff | YouTube | Twitter

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Magic and magic. notice the capitalization.
    Spoiler:
    The Best Thing BlackBlade's Ever Said.
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    Just watch KNK, read fate and tsuki then just never bother with another nasu thing again but continue to use BL regardless.

Dullahan's Writing Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I hope you love purple prose, pretentious dialogue and oblique references to Hegelian philosophy too motherfucker 'cause that's what's up

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    idk what that is. sounds like a word somebody made up
    this image will now haunt your dreams
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    that was uncalled for

you don't just go and give a person nightmares

what did I ever do to you

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    insult a made up word

Blog Entries
    Like, all words are made up, man
    Think about it

JP Friend Code
    different thread but I thought my reply belonged here more.

I think the entire pursuit of magic, being the attempt to recreate and maintain mysteries of the past (the previous Age), is doomed to oblivion because the current World has been pushing in the other direction for 2000 years. The Extra setting and all its hints to Notes/Overworld 1999 event is evidence for this, though it's not a 1:1 example because there were extrinsic events that accelerated it.

Science is fated to defeat cause the death of magic in the current age because of how fundamentally differently they work. Magic in the current age remains powerful only if it is kept secret and tightly controlled, but our current methods of research and knowledge production only have strong predictive power if they are widely replicated with large data pools.

In the Age of Gods, who knows if that's how it worked. We have indications that AoG magi were completely different from modern magi, philosophically. I have a feeling that magicky things were just their technology in the past, magi were the scholars and engineers of their time, and maybe they didn't really need to worry about things being lost or preserved.

And in FGO Roman (or Da Vinci, I forget) did mention that the distinction between mage and scientist wasn't really meaningful in the past.
    I'd love to know more about Chaldea because of this, since scientists and magus worked together there and so far most of what they achieved (not counting the demi-servant experiment) are quite impressive. I wonder if the advancement of science is related to the original sin Solomon thought humanity can't deal with.

In SMT DS1, God saw humans building the tower of babel, so he made them no longer able to speak the unified language. Then thousands of years later the internet reduced the gap between cultures and information is available for everyone, act as some sort of new unified language, and humans managed to summon demons with the power of the internet...so God sent another ordeal to stop it, then blame humanity for being advanced again (lol). I won't be surprised if the being surpass Solomon is the SMT God trying to mess with humanity cuz Chaldea is a sin.

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    random speculation when I'm not home to play Extella

[03:18, 11/21/2016] me: I just realized this, someone probably has thought of it already but
    [03:18, 11/21/2016] me: you know how Aoko blasts beams out of her hands and feet
    [03:18, 11/21/2016] me: and how she specializes at 破壊
    [03:18, 11/21/2016] me: I wonder if that is related at all
    [03:19, 11/21/2016] me: maybe the beams don't matter, but Destruction?
    [03:19, 11/21/2016] me: she's known in the magical world for specializing at it, and before Mahoyo came out CM3 said people speculate her 魔法 to be 破壊
    [03:45, 11/21/2016] CanonRap: its probably not related but good guess

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Blog Entries
    I think she punches beams into things because her shooting aim is bad.