Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 123471252 ... LastLast

Thread: 2Deep4Me or "How I learned to stop thinking and enjoy the headcanon"

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    something something death of the author

also, just noticed that it can be abbreviated as "dota". huh
    when something has the acronym dota it must mean it's dumb
    Last edited by Strife ❤️; December 11th, 2014 at 03:24 PM.

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Random bit (its just a thought I had when I seen the 2deep4me thing) but, I don't understand the concept of concepts in Nasuverse like at all.

Its so abstract you see. I mean, literally just from looking at my latest posts, I can't even begin to explain the Unified Language without fucking babble. Then there's shit like Ries' scripture with its power of 'Ruin' and how it prevents her from being digested despite the shield obviously being unable to defend her entire body. Or yeah, that argument a few days ago where someone asked if Rider can just say 'I'm over here' to cause Perseus who was looking at a mirror to freeze (which doesn't work because mirror concepts).

Then we got everything to do with the MEoDP and the 'lol cut concepts'. Like jesus fuck what does that even mean. Even the fuyuki dictionary article on concepts is babble.
    the one who mentioned the rider thing was me.

and yeah i always had the same confusion. i figured it was basically a plato reference. some things have innate natures and purposes, so if you imposed that onto something else it would take on properties of it
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hong Kong Walmart View Post
    Pretty much. Order actually matters.
    So I guess we're locked in to irony overdrive over here, okay.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    My guess was that it just mean most immaterial things. Or something
    No concepts is what causes GB to teleport into your heart unless your 'ability to defy fate' concept is high enough.

Concepts is what again allows people to be looking at that Noble Phantasm mirror to see Rider when her eye concept is that anyone who sees her, even imagines her, freezes.

Its pure babble.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors black1blade's Avatar
    The way I perceive MEODP is that something exists as something that can be perceived as being something then it can be killed. With Ryougi's anyway.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    I made an analysis about their characters when the designs for the SakPak first dropped back in the day, and they were pretty spot-on for the most part:

Passionlips = Biggest tits, no top barring the leather straps. Legs and waist are well covered. Oversized, powerful looking mechanical arms. Red eyes, magenta ribbon. Red classically represents anger and life and vigor but is also used in warning signs, so at the same time it can also symbolize restraint. B imagery of BDSM a result of her bound chest. Blatant thematic emphasis on "breasts", the "upper body," and its pleasures. Possibly a representation of the Superego (because of being "bound" and having to act within the order of her group).

BB = "Average" bodytype for a Sakura. Outfit is balanced, though the skirt is so short there's a sneak peek of her panties just below the hem, and her top may be opened enough enough to give a generous keyhole view of her cleavage. Purple eyes, red ribbon - iconic Sakura design. S and D imagery of BDSM present because of riding cropish device and aura of control. Thematic emphasis on "the core" and its pleasures. Most likely a representation of Ego, or at least physically. Possibly the Shadow to Nurse Sakura in Jungian terminology.

Meltlillith = DFC. Seems shorter than the others, hard to tell. Top is covered well with a large overcoat while everything else at waist level and below is virtually exposed. Oversized, powerful looking mechanical leggings. Blue eyes and blue ribbon. Blue can symbolize calm and focus but its also a common color in Japanese streetlights for "Go", so it also likely represents affirmation. Noticeable thematic emphasis on the "vaginal exterior," the "lower body," and its pleasures. Possibly a representation of the Id (because of vaguely childlike appearance and hints of feisty smugness, implying a willingness to act on desire).
    Last edited by ItsaRandomUsername; December 11th, 2014 at 03:30 PM.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

After I've re-watched knk and read the fifth one I could do a mini analysis on how souren araya's (couldn't even remember his name for a sec then) status as a villain if no one snatches it up before me.

Blog Entries
    It's not like posting your analysis makes it so that no one else can write a supporting claim or another analysis of their own. What do you mean by his status as a villain, anyway? Post that theory of yours, so we can see.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    the one who mentioned the rider thing was me.

and yeah i always had the same confusion. i figured it was basically a plato reference. some things have innate natures and purposes, so if you imposed that onto something else it would take on properties of it
    It is, but that's what makes things confusing when you can think of blatant contradictions.

Like 'How did Kiritsugu fit Avalon inside little boy Shirou's body? Can it dematerialize? What does melding it with his body even mean. How did he even get it in there? Did he j-j-jam it in?' 'why is it called the Unified Language when it uses standard Japanese? How come I can't use it when I know nihongo?' 'How come knowing the Divine Words does not mean you can actually use it?' 'why are Lancer's runes so speshul when they are well known runes everyone who studies Runes probably knows?' etc.
    Last edited by Cruor; December 11th, 2014 at 03:36 PM.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

blue blue glass something something Pillzman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruor View Post
    Random bit (its just a thought I had when I seen the 2deep4me thing) but, I don't understand the concept of concepts in Nasuverse like at all.

Its so abstract you see. I mean, literally just from looking at my latest posts, I can't even begin to explain the Unified Language without fucking babble. Then there's shit like Ries' scripture with its power of 'Ruin' and how it prevents her from being digested despite the shield obviously being unable to defend her entire body. Or yeah, that argument a few days ago where someone asked if Rider can just say 'I'm over here' to cause Perseus who was looking at a mirror to freeze (which doesn't work because mirror concepts).

Then we got everything to do with the MEoDP and the 'lol cut concepts'. Like jesus fuck what does that even mean. Even the fuyuki dictionary article on concepts is babble.
    I know right! I was just skimming through the Mcdoc the other day and I find so many things I can't explain by myself. I guess it's because we're just borrowing this guy's imaginary universe, so we'll never fully understand the concepts he tries to give us.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, there's a fixed route order for a reason.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hong Kong Walmart View Post
    And everyone who reads the various routes of Fate/Stay as having some sort of equivalence and not being thematically linear leading to a conclusion in HF is totally wrong.
    I think you're totally wrong.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    And is there why a reason why you want to apply novel writing conventions to VNs?
    Not as if the VN itself doesn't have you do them in a specific order. Moreover, calling that a novel writing convention misunderstands: it's not just novels and not just a convention. It simply matters in what order events occur.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Just in regards to weather he's thematic character or not. As in weather his motive's support/justify his actions. I may just speed read the book over the weekend because it's been quite a few months since I've seen it. Honestly it's just because I'm doing villains as part of an English essay (about Iago and stuff)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormungandr View Post
    En garde.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    Well, there's a fixed route order for a reason.
    Not anymore there's not.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Presumably the Unified Language thing is like when aliens speak English or something. Like, UL's probably not literally Japanese, but it's just shown that way so we can understand it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormungandr View Post
    He can't ever be wrong if he doesn't actually believe anything he says.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner90 View Post
    Just one thing, because I haven't read enough of CCC yet, but Melti is tall as fuck.
    Her spikey shoes add like 2-3 feet, don't be deceived
    Come visit Mobius Space where
    quite rarely
    translators gather
    and post Type-Moon stuff

Blog Entries
    Presumably the Unified Language thing is like when aliens speak English or something. Like, UL's probably not literally Japanese, but it's just shown that way so we can understand it.
    I wouldn't be surprised if everybody heard it as their own native tongue anyway.