Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Twelve Days of Wonderful Life

Click the moon for extra scenes Verg Avesta's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    You never asked! Or if you asked I forgot!
    I had the idea at the back of my head for a while, but forgot it for a while. I only remembered it after I had started posting this stuff, and figured it was too late by now.

Alas, poor Shinkura. Such was your cruel, fickle fate.

Blog Entries
    Chapter 5

Snow crunched underfoot as the group headed towards Shinto. They had already passed the bridge, and were now well on their way into the centrum. The buses weren’t running so late at night, so the only choice was to trudge all the way to the night-life of Fuyuki. This wouldn’t have been so bad for Avenger if it wasn’t for the fact that Illyavenger was, for some reason, sticking uncomfortably close to him. Whenever he tried to move away, the little devil would follow en suite, making sure that she was nigh glued to his side.

Sakura Saber was eyeing the two of them suspiciously, with eyes that carried a message Avenger really didn’t want to understand. He did not care for the implications their closeness, in all senses of the word, caused.

“Hmh? What’s wrong, Onii-chan?” Illyavenger asked. “You look troubled.”

Avenger grumbled under his breath, trying to contain his annoyance. To move his mind away from the close proximity of the petite Servant, he decided to tackle another subject that had been bothering him since they had met in front of Matou house.

“Of course I look, you little shit,” he spat back. “You show up in here like nothing’s wrong. Do you expect me to take that ‘don’t question it’ excuse for long? Something’s going on here, and I wanna know what.”

Illyavenger’s mischievous grin faltered, and for a moment, she looked surprisingly serious.

“Like I said Onii-chan… that’s not important now,” Illyavenger answered, choosing her words carefully. “What’s important is ending this whole thingamajig. I mean, I can say that I did receive some help… just like you did. From an old, old friend of ours. Older than you might think.”

Avenger frowned.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” he asked.

“Oh, you’ll see eventually.” Illyavenger’s face turned into yet another grin. “But really… it’s weird you’re getting curious about me now. Didn’t it ever before occur to you to wonder ‘bout my origin? I gotta come from somewhere, right?”

Avenger’s frown melted into a look of pure confusion and annoyance.

“Huh? What the hell are you babbling about?”

“If you’re ‘All the Evils of the World’ and the lies that entails… what am I?” Illyavenger asked and giggled. “Makes you think, right?”

Judging from the look on his face, Avenger still had a boatload of questions to ask. However, his words were interrupted as the group finally arrived to their destination: Shopping Mall Verde. According to Matou Sakura, that was where Tohsaka Rin and former-Emiya Shirou were headed for their date. The shopping mall, like many around Fuyuki, were open late to the night since it was almost Christmas. People wanted to do their holiday shopping in peace, not to mention the plethora of couples who wanted to enjoy this romantic time of the year.

This atmosphere, of course, was enough to drive Matou Sakura into a strange sort of frenzy. The white-haired girl’s eyes were darting around in a way that implied she either scanned the surroundings for her sister… or was looking for a weapon.

One or the other.

“Okay, we’re here!” Sakura Saber announced with enthusiasm that really didn’t fit the atmosphere of two arguing Servants or the blood-hound-esque Matou Sakura. “Now keep your eyes open, everyone. We need to find those two lovebirds.”

“Oh, don’t worry,” Sakura said with a sweet expression that radiated death. “I’ll be watching like a hawk.”

So the group entered Verde, each eyeing the place up and down. The whole mall had been decorated to the brim with Christmas ornaments, the biggest of them being the large Christmas tree right at the center of the place. Avenger shivered slightly as he remembered the colossal branch of the world tree him and the other male characters had been dragging to the shore back in the original timeline. It was a sight that made him even more sure that his decision to stay here was the right one.

Especially if Caren was out there in the other timeline, hunting him with that cursed cloth of hers.

“Oh, Onii-chan! Look! There’s a red robin at the top of the Christmas tree!” Illyavenger suddenly announced, pointing at the heavily-decorated greenery. “Right up there, dangling from the top branch!”

“Huh? The hell you are talking ab……… what.”

Avenger’s flat statement of confusion was rather apt one. As the group focused their gazes to the top of the Christmas tree, they saw something none of them had been expecting. There, trying to hide among the pine needles, but failing mercilessly thanks to her bright red outfit, was Tohsaka Rin. It didn’t seem that her awkward hiding place was bothering her in the least as her eyes were glued to one clothing store on the second floor.

“N-Nee-san! What are you doing?” Sakura asked in a loud voice, enough to gather the attention of most passersby.

“Huh? S-Sakura? What, how are you, w-whoaaaaa!”

What happened next was a no-brainer for everyone looking at the spectacle. Thanks to the surprise, Tohsaka Rin lost her grip on the tree, and with a magnificent tumbling from one branch to another, she fell down like a yuletide log before hitting the ground. A massive thud made everyone wince, but thankfully, the fake presents gathered at the root of the tree had cushioned her crash slightly.

“That’s the Tohsaka heir, alright,” Avenger mumbled.

“I heard that, you tattooed freak!” came the yell from the pile of boxes.

As the group of onlookers watched, Tohsaka Rin tried to save what shreds of dignity she had left as she climbed up from the pile of presents. Unfortunately, just as she was stepping out, her shoed got caught in a large ribbon, and she excited the toy area by tripping and sliding across the floor, stopping right before Sakura. The younger sister did not look impressed at the sight.

“Nee-san… what is going on here?” Sakura asked, her eyes both cold and dry at the same time.

“Umm, Sakura. This… this is not what it looks like,” Rin started somewhat nervously, looking up at the white-haired girl.

“So you weren’t spying on someone, most likely Shirou, even though you said you were going on a date with him?” Illyavenger piped in, eyes filled with malicious glee. “Wow! There’s gotta be a wild tale behind this!”

Under Sakura’s deadpan stare, even the mighty heiress of Tohsaka Zaibatsu had to eventually yield. As she got up, she heaved a heavy sigh and hung her head in shame, before starting to explain whole situation.

“You see, well, um… Shirou-kun and I aren’t… exactly dating,” Rin admitted. “Instead I’ve been stalking him whenever I can to see if I can manage to ruin his current girlfriend.”

“Current girlfriend?” Sakura asked with her nostrils flaring. “Who?”

Her!” Rin exclaimed, and pointed to the floor she had been spying on.

There, arriving before the eyes of the group, was a strange sight. Former-Emiya Shirou, looking pretty much like had in the original timeline, was walking around, hand-in-hand, with a brown-haired girl everyone present recognized. After all, with hair like that there was only two possibilities; and the color narrowed it down to one: Mitsuzuri Ayako.

“A-Ayako-san?” Sakura Saber gasped in surprise. “She’s Shirou-kun’s girlfriend?”

“That… that thieving cat!” Sakura roared, looking like she was ready to pounce. Luckily her sister was there to hold her back.

Avenger, however, chuckled at the sight and flashed a grin to the rest of the group.

“Hah! Would you look at that! I guess it makes sense in this timeline,” he said and laughed again. “… And it would mean he’s much happier here than in the original timeline, so looks like your guardian angel message has to face the truth again, Sakura Saber.”

“Hmph! What do you mean?” the rose-haired Servant asked, puffing her cheeks in annoyance.

“Well, first of all: the guy’s living a normal life. No magi, no Servants, no great big fire that started his superhero complex. Instead he’s allowed to live like any good kid should. And he’s allowed to date a normal girl, meaning he’ll enjoy a safe, perfectly normal relationship,” Avenger explained smugly. “None of that harem crap. Anyone would be happier in these circumstances.”

“But Onii-chan… I thought you liked harems?” Illyavenger asked, looking surprised. “I mean, you’re a lecherous bastard with no moral qualms, after all.”

“Shut it, you little shit,” Avenger answered and slapped the petite girl on top of her head. “Ain’t nothing good about harems.”

“Really? Huh. And here I thought there was, since it’s a sacred tradition of Type-Moon protagonists,” Sakura Saber commented.

With a devious face, Avenger walked a few steps forward and turned back to look at the rest of the group. Then, waiting for the melody to start from mall’s speakers, he took a little dancing step sideways, and to everyone’s surprise, started singing. His voice was filled with mocking glee, and strangely enough, he seemed to be enjoying himself.

With a mocking little tap-dance, Avenger jumped on top of a railing and leered down at the girls.

“Master of Romance! Trapper of the girls! Doesn’t matter if it’s twin-tails or curls! Jumps a high-bar, slays a vampire! Every poor lady has their hearts on fire! Doesn’t know ‘bout commitment, his selling point is that’s he’s nice! And back in the bedroom, artist goes and doubles his size!”

Giving a shameless laughter, Avenger then proceeded to jump on top of a neon sign that advertised a bookstore, mocking the group from up above some more.

“Master of Romance! Keeper of the zoo! Doesn’t matter if he’s got a girl or two! Whether it’s a witch, or a loli bitch! Give him slightest chance and the route he’ll switch! He can be an onsen landlord, he can be a childhood friend! Everyone he pleases, Jesus, harem route’s the true end!”

And then, to the surprise of the group, everyone in the shopping mall, except them, seemed to join in on Avenger’s song, acting as a chorus that he led with wagging of his finger.

“Master of Romance! Quick to catch your eye! Never lets relationship to pass him by! Servant in a war, maid to a hag! You can be assured that both he’ll bag! Everybody’s chosen soul-mate! Everybody’s favorite rose! He doesn’t need reasons, Jesus, he just takes them as he goes!”

Then, turning down the tempo again, Avenger sat down on the railing, where he continued singing with a voice that was almost a confidential whisper, a secret being told to a good friend.

“Enter Madam, take off your clothes. It happens tonight, it’s you that he chose! Be it a miko, be it a nurse! The girls like him like it was a curse! There an alchemist. Here an sempai. Now you get the gist, his lust just won’t die!”

Jumping up from his slumped position, both the song and Avenger’s behavior took it up a notch again, becoming more energized.

“Girls beyond compare! Girls beyond belief! It won’t be long till he beds Roast Beef! Hung like a horse, violent like a cat! I bet that it feels like a baseball bat! Threesome is always option, Mystic Eyes will handle that! Come next morning, he’s still acting like a brat!”

It was clear that Avenger was no longer caring about the angry glares he got from down below, mostly from the two sisters whom he was mocking the most. Still, for some reason even Sakura Saber seemed rather miffed with him.

“Hump kouhai in Twister, flirt with her sister! Even incest is okay for this mister! His harem starts hot, watch it as it grows! But his English teacher is where line goes! He knows his romantic places, his presence makes panties chafe! His harem just increases, even firm believers, Jesus! Isn’t anybody safe!?”

And once again, the people in the mall joined for the chorus. Still, the gathering of people was mostly male-dominant, and none of the women looked too happy about what was going on.

“Master of Romance! Quick to catch your eye! Never lets relationship to pass him by! Servant in a war, maid to a hag! You can be assured that both he’ll bag! Everybody’s chosen soul-mate! Gives more than what he’s got!”

Avenger, master of the choir, spun a wild pirouette and jumped down from the railing, all the while singing at the top of his lungs.

“Girls shout ‘Please us!’ Jesus! What horny little lot!”

Thwack!

Before the tattooed youth could even sense the incoming attack, the worst had happened. A red cloth had tightly wrapped itself around him, preventing all escape. While it matched his attire perfectly, judging from the rapidly increasing panic in his eyes, it was clear that Avenger wasn’t happy about this turn of events.

No, on the contrary: it seemed that his worst nightmare had actually come true. After all, as the cloth started slowly hoisting him up towards the third floor where it had come from, everyone could hear a rather familiar female voice starting to sing in a sweet, yet undoubtedly threatening, tone.

“I used to think that I had met a rockstar. But God Almighty, how wrong such dreams just are.”

There, up above, dragging the poor Servant closer and closer, was none other than Caren Ortensia, wicked smile hovering on her lips.

“Master of Romance? How quickly did he split. You can be assured he’s a piece of shit. Cheat and voyeur, thinks himself a player. Thinks he can run from his employer. What a cruel man I fell for, made me think he was a pup. Then he broke my heart, and now I just want to string him up!”

Thinking this was still part of the show, the audience below continued singing the chorus, much to Avenger’s chagrin. Not only that, even Tohsaka Rin and Matou Sakura joined in, but there was something very gleeful and sarcastic in the way they sang.

“Master of Romance!”

Caren answered with a scoff.

“Master and a hack!”

“You can be assured—“

“I don’t want him back!”

The audience, loving this interaction between them and the new singer, failed completely to realize that while he was being hoisted up, Avenger struggled to escape. In fact, he managed to get himself even more tightly wrapped up in the holy cloth.

“Servant in a war, maid to a hag!”

“Just wait till I whip when he’s in the rack!”

“Everybody curse Avenger! For the girls he did offend!”

As the song was reaching its climax, Avenger passed by the third floor, and found himself face to face with a very confused-looking former-Emiya Shirou and Mitsuzuri Ayako. Seeing the other boy, Avenger pleaded with his last breath:

“Won’t you help a doomed friend!?”

But Caren was quick to yell back.

“If you help him you’ll meet your end!”

And the mall choir bellowed out loud, finishing the song.

“Just grit your teeth and bend, oh Master of Romance!”

7 Days to Go.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; December 19th, 2014 at 05:00 PM.

The musical numbers are steadily getting bigger and bigger in scale! I suspect that the end of the countdown will find the entire Type-MOON cast singing on the Fuyuki Bridge or something.

Don't @ me if your fanfic doesn't even have Shirou/Illya shipping k thnx ItsaRandomUsername's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    NA? More like N/A!
    Blog Entries
    Oh schnaps, the possibility of a long-awaited origin story? 'dis gun be good.

With the Javertbombing on Imgur and now this, I can't take the sheer quantities of all this wonderful Les Mis.
    McJon01: We all know that the real reason Archer would lose to Rider is because the events of his own Holy Grail War left him with a particular weakness toward "older sister" types.
    My Fanfics. Read 'em. Or not.

Lewd Princess that needs to read a lot more KosakiFag's Avatar
    This is turning out great.
    "Mother! Wot that!?"
    "Some part of the Nasuverse we don't know."
    Spoiler:

"It's natural to protect the ones you love, right?
    Even I know that."
    Spoiler:

Best heroine. Best route.

Currently Playing: Forest, Fate/Stay Night Realta Nua (HF Route) Stalling: Kamidori Alchemy Meister Completing: ---

夜魔 Nightmare
    Oh not Verg Avesta! Caren of original timeline appear in alternative timeline. Poor Avenger.

What will he do now?

Will the other characters of Tsukihime and Kara no Kyoukai will appear to convince Avenger back. It would be interesting Dust of Osiris, another extremist like him, could reappear this fanfic only to try to convince him to return to the normal reality to show that both have much in common, leaving Caren jealous enough to finally her back to him.

- - - Updated - - -

And also Archetype:Earth could appear in this fanic, since there are few or no fanfic showing the hidden personality of Arcueid as Crimson Moon/Gaia interact with the other characters of Type-Moon except for Tohno Shiki, Ciel, Roa, Ryougi Shiki, Riesbyfe, Kohaku, Mech -Hisui, and Arcueid.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    It's strange that his wish was made in order to get away from Caren.

And yet even that didn't happen.

Its well written, but Shirou most likely never met Ayako in this timeline, because he never had any interest in archery.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyvale View Post
    It's strange that his wish was made in order to get away from Caren.

And yet even that didn't happen.
    Nobody can escape Caren. Nobody.

Its well written, but Shirou most likely never met Ayako in this timeline, because he never had any interest in archery.
    The decision to put Shirou and Ayako together was derived from one of Himuro's scenes with Taiga in Hollow Ataraxia. It felt most logical thing to happen if Shirou had a "normal life." And who knows? Maybe Shirou was still interested in archery? Maybe Shirou was just interested in her? Events can affect other events in the most mysterious ways...

Ahhh! That was always my favorite number.

Can't wait to find out about _____ Shirou.
    O walls, you have held up so much tedious graffiti that I am amazed you have not already collapsed in ruin.

夜魔 Nightmare
    Quote Originally Posted by Verg Avesta View Post
    Nobody can escape Caren. Nobody.

The decision to put Shirou and Ayako together was derived from one of Himuro's scenes with Taiga in Hollow Ataraxia. It felt most logical thing to happen if Shirou had a "normal life." And who knows? Maybe Shirou was still interested in archery? Maybe Shirou was just interested in her? Events can affect other events in the most mysterious ways...
    No one can escape Caren, let alone Avenger could escape the fury of certain Servants who have been affected by the change in reality as Saber, Caster, and Rider if they appear in this reality too.

Blog Entries
    Verg continues to deliver joyous yuletide hilarity.
    And Illya-venger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    I skipped out on this one at first due to name overload in another.

That was definitely a mistake; this is hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    Sort of hearing the Nostalgia Critic review when I read this.

And there's the question of the stranger. Grail-kun?

Blog Entries
    Chapter 6

“Ow, ow, ow, ow! My ear! My ear!”

The pathetic cries of Avenger echoed in the streets as Caren dragged him outside by the ear. In their wake walked the group of Sakura Saber, Illyavenger, Matou Sakura, Tohsaka Rin, former-Emiya Shirou and Mitsuzuri Ayako. Somehow during the aftermath of Avenger’s big number, the group had gotten together. It even seemed that Illyavenger had taken the time to explain situation to those who were not up to speed.

Therefore, the focus was now on the punishment Avenger was about to suffer in the hands of the nun who had finally reached her prey.

“H-how, why… why is everyone I know now in this new timeline!?” Avenger complained as he managed to get his legs under himself. “This doesn’t make any sense!”

“It makes as little sense as your escape,” Caren said with a cold tone. “I told you that you would only get a single day of leave. Yet I did not see your skinny figure at the docks this morning. It is your own fault that I am here now, dragging you back.”

“Back!? Hell no!” Avenger yelled and finally managed to free himself from the death-grip. He scampered away from the nun and bared his teeth like a cornered dog. “I’m staying here!”

Caren cocked her eyebrow in confusion and looked to the rest of the group.

“What on earth is he talking about?” she asked. Illyavenger was quick to answer.

“Oh, Onii-chan here wished that he was never summoned, and got thrown in here. I think he believes this is a different timeline or something,” the little devil said. “You know, basically a rip-off of a certain Christmas movie.”

Caren’s expression came close to that of a deep sea fish as she stared at the tattooed Servant. Avenger, on the other hand, looked away and folded his hands across his chest, in a defiant showcase of a rather unmanly pout. It was the usual shield that he raised against the nun whenever she was about to start her verbal attack.

“Are you even more of an idiot than you let me believe? Really? Wish yourself out of existence… or summoning, or whatever. The point still stands. That was an idiotic idea! Why would you do something like that?” Caren demanded to know, looming over the Servant like a siege tower.

“That should be pretty damn obvious,” Avenger answered dryly. “Everything wrong with our timeline is pretty much the fault of me being summoned in the third war. Without that everyone’s having happier time. I mean, look at those guys behind you!”

Avenger angrily swatted his hand towards the direction of the inhabitants of this different timeline, who seemed a bit surprised.

“Shirou’s dating an actually balanced girl, Mitsuzuri! The Tohsaka girl is raking in money at a rate you wouldn’t believe! Even that Matou’s absorbed her family is now waltzing around as some sort of pseudo-grail existence!” he yelled.

This, of course, only garnered confusion from the people mentioned.

“Umm… I still don’t really know who you people are,” Shirou said, looking like he wanted to just run. “Could someone explain in more det—“

““No!”” Both Avenger and Caren yelled at the same time.

“Still, this is incredibly stupid, even by your standards,” Caren continued, turning her attention back to the tattooed Servant. “This isn’t even… ugh, that does not matter. What matters is your idiotic belief on being the fault of everything, when we have people like my father running around. It is simply absurd.”

Avenger, finally becoming angry enough, rose from the ground and stared right back at Caren, not flinching an inch. It was truly becoming a stare-down between the two, and those watching were starting to feel rather uncomfortable being there, listening to the whole thing unfolding.

“It wasn’t just about that, idiot!” Avenger shot back, poking Caren forcibly. “There are other reasons, too!”

“Such as?” Caren asked, refusing to back down. Avenger’s expression turned especially sour.

“Ever since I started dating Azaka, you’ve made my life another living hell,” he growled. “Day in and day out, I’m being forced to work for your stupid Christmas special! I haven’t had any time to spend with her!”

For a moment, Caren’s angry expression faltered, almost shattered. Somewhere under it, there was a flash of unexpected loneliness and shock. Having such accusations thrown against her face took her completely by surprise. However, just as quickly as her mask had dropped to reveal the truth, it rose up again, and her anger was replaced by cold fury.

“And you think moving to this place will help you? Even though you do not belong here? Even though… Kokutou-san… of this place does not know you?” Caren asked.

“Yes! No! I dunno!” Avenger half-yelled and cursed under his breath, throwing his hands up in frustration. “That’s why I was thinking of finding how the transfer actually works! I thought I could bring Azaka here! Something like that!”

As the two continued to argue, the group watching the events started whispering among each other.

“This… this is really awkward,” Sakura Saber commented, and the residents of this timeline nodded in unison. “I’m not even sure we should be here.”

“Onii-chan likes to air his dirty laundry in front of everyone,” Illyavenger whispered happily. “And Caren-nee likes to watch him get embarrassed ‘cause of it. It’s a perfect S&M combo!”

“”We heard that!”” another yell from the arguing duo silenced the peanut gallery.

Still, it seemed that the two of them had come to a standstill. Avenger blamed not only himself but Caren too for his decision to stay in this alternate timeline. Caren, on the other hand, was clearly angry both because of his stupidity, but also because of some another reason… though even that was easy to guess. After all, she seemed to be holding something, trying heavily to keep the mask of icy cold anger on her face.

“So no matter what, you are going to keep up with this lunacy?” Caren asked, her stare boring into the tattooed youth.

“Yeah. I’ve had enough of you abusing me. I wanna do something new with myself, and I can’t do it back there, where I’m nothing but the rabid dog bound to yet another deviant priest!” Avenger stated, answering the glare with his own. “And there’s nothing that can make me change my mind!”

Unfortunately for Avenger, such words were like a free invitation for fate to screw things up in the most unexpected way.

With a rumble of earth and cracking of ice, a new presence announced itself to the group. The asphalt under the snow split open, revealing a chasm that seemed to continue deep within the depths of earth. Cold air rushed out of the hole with a force of a freight-train, nearly toppling over everyone nearby. A set of claws screeched against the rocky surface as something big, something agile beyond expectations, rushed up the stone-walls of the chasm.

Heavy breathing, freezing as the winds of the north. Bloodshot eyes with animal-like intensity in them. A presence that warped the air around it, magical energy filtering the vision of anyone gazing upon the emerging creature.

It took only single great leap and it was out, crashing against the snow and ice and digging its claws deep into the earth.

“What… what the hell is that…?” Avenger growled, his hands grasping the invisible handles of his weapons, the fang-like daggers appearing out of thin air.

The creature before them was roughly the size of a human, only it seemed to have a bone-structure allowing four-limbed movement. Its whole body was covered in thick, grey fur like that of a wolf, and long, braided beard adorned its animalistic face. Two golden eyes stared at the group with anger flaring within them. A frayed robe with a long, red hood covered the creature’s body, flapping in the wind like a cloak or a pair of wings. The long nails of the creature were more like claws, and its teeth had Sabertooth-like fangs.

Tohsaka Rin hissed at the sight, her eyes widening in shock.

“Guardian of the land… Folk of Winter… Relentless guardian hounds of darkest nights, and symbol of Winter Solstice—!” She whispered, her hands flying into her pockets and emerging with two jewels in both. “That’s… that’s a tonttu!”

With a bestial roar, the tonttu charged forward, crossing the short distance between it and the nearest target in a blink of an eye. This target happened to be none other than Caren Ortensia, who was still unsure what she was seeing.

Luckily, two in the group were faster in their reaction.

“Watch out, you idiot!”

With a swift spin kick, Avenger pushed Caren out of the way, sending her straight into a soft pile of snow. Meanwhile, Sakura Saber intercepted the attack by drawing her sword half-way from her sheath and striking the blade against the claws. Sparks flew like fireworks, and for a moment, the two forces were in a perfect balance. However, after saving Caren, Avenger diverted his momentum into an arced slash towards the tonttu’s face. Before it was hit, the beast separated itself and retreated with a huge jump.

“Come on!” Avenger shouted, motioning with his hand. “We need to leave it out of here! With me, Scarlet Pimpernel!”

“Never call me that again!” Sakura Saber answered.

The rose-haired Servant flew into action, flying across the street with a single jump. She landed a quick-draw strike on the tonttu, but the beast was as tough as it was agile, surviving with a single wound. Meanwhile, Avenger ran around the creature to flank it, throwing his other dagger in circular path that prevent the tonttu from retreating to that direction.

So it was left with only single path. Giving out a furious roar, the beast charged forward, intending to catch up to Avenger. Sakura Saber, landing after her strike, chased after the two.

It wasn’t until hour or two later that Caren finally woke up. The kick from Avenger, though it did save her life, had taken her by surprise. The sudden closeness to his existence did not help either. Before she knew it, she had been knocked out, and the Servants, not to mention the residents of this… place… had all disappeared, apparently having forgotten her.

She muttered some choice words under her breath as she dusted off the snow from her habit.

Before her, she saw a trail of blood and destruction that seemed to head deeper into the city of Shinto, towards the residential area where, back where she came from, a large park had been built. Yes, it was the sight of the conflagration that had overtaken half of the city. It was more than a bit eerie, seeing it standing up like a ghost of Christmas Past, casting shadows before her eyes.

She knew that it was all merely a joke. Not even an illusion, a tasteless joke. What she saw now, what all of them had seen, well… there was no reason to go into great detail about it. The culprit on the other side had all but been apprehended. That was why she was here in the first place.

Now the only culprits remaining resided here, in this world that could never be, and should never be. The world where impossible meetings became impossible, yet at the same time, brought themselves to an end the moment the truth was revealed.

… Therefore, it was up to Caren to drag back those that she could not allow herself to lose. Even if she couldn’t find the right words for it, she still had to put an end to this foolish fever dream of one young man.

That was what her heart told her to do.

Singing a quiet song, Caren moved out of the streetlight, into the natural, blue darkness of the winter night. Her eyes gazed ever upwards, towards the stars that hung high above, their tiny lights becoming a carpet of diamonds thrown across the midnight yonder.

“His is the way of the dark. Mine is the way of the Lord! And yet there’s one thing that unites us! The pain’s our reward! And yet I cannot say it to him. How much him, I adoreeeed.”

Uncharacteristic to her strong personality, Caren slumped against a wall nearby, and held herself within her own arms, as if to drive away the cold and the somber atmosphere surrounding her.

“Stars. Heroes of the past. Beings of legend. So unlike him. Who’s playing pretend. And yet I would follow him. To the end. One I met on fourth night. One I met on fourth night. He lost his place in this life. He has no hope or no aim. And though he tries again and again. Everything stays the same. And so fell to another girl! Her comforting flame!”

Eyes now full of anger and sadness, Caren seemed like she was about to curse the very stars she was looking at. Still, she held back her emotions, and channeled them to the song echoing from her lips.

“And so it came be! For so it was written! On the days of Christmas past! That those who cannot spit it out! Will finish last!”

Raising her fist towards the sky she gazed, Caren’s song moved to a stronger note, her wish becoming even more fervent.

“Lord let me find him! That I may see him! This love of ours! I’ll let never die! Till theeeeeeen, this I swear! This I swear by the staaaaars!”

And as if Caren’s last high note, the note that carried her feelings to the glimmering lights above, had been a signal, suddenly the street was engulfed in light. A blazing light that took a shape of an oval, and spread across the road.

From within that oval, before the shocked eyes of Caren Ortensia, a new figure stepped into the night. A new challenger, out to break the spell of this alternate timeline… or perhaps a place far more sinister. A girl emerging from the fiery circle.

A girl with flames in her hands, blue eyes full of passion, and a question on her lips.

“Where is my boyfriend!?”

6 Days to Go.

After many technical problems...

[Fate/Somnium Summer Redux Intro] has been unlocked somewhere on the site!

However, it is only a placeholder version, since video hosting sites were too anal about the original music.
    Last edited by Verg Avesta; December 19th, 2014 at 05:07 PM.

夜魔 Nightmare
    Finally Kokutou Azaka appear in fanfic. In Hugh (Touko's former dead familiar) also...

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    If Caren's Javier, is she gonna jump off a bridge and miss the water too?
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    If Caren's Javier, is she gonna jump off a bridge and miss the water too?
    "Oh, goddammi-SPLAT!"

Also, she's wearing a tiny, silly hat.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Grant's Avatar
    Caren vs. Azaka: Round 1.

Or

"We tie him to the bed, no one leaves the house till after New Year's Day."

Either way, amusement ensues.

And fortunately, in this world without serious near-death experience related issues or sisters getting kidnapped, Shirou has no reason to see this as a sign to become a hero.

I'm getting a bit sick of the songs, bothering me as I read along.

How dreadfully mind numbing they are with scenes gone way too far.

At first it was clever and witty, but then it got really shitty.

I hope your happy.
    ___
    Shitty poetry by me.
    Last edited by Pokingmatter; December 19th, 2014 at 03:02 PM.