Page 219 of 301 FirstFirst ... 119169209214217218219220221224229269 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,380 of 6001

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

Blog Entries
    I've been playing Horizon lately, and it's amazing and fun as shit. Unfortunately, I have discovered the game breaking weapon. Blast sling bombs. I have to try to avoid using them as they wreck even thunderjaws.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Queen of Love and Beauty GhostDIGIT's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Finished all of Shadowrun Returns with the exception of the Shadows of Hong Kong expansion. Never heard or played Shadowrun before, so the setting kind of shocked me the further I delved into the game. If I had to rank the campaigns from worst to best it'd be Dead Man's Switch, Hong Kong, and Dragonfall. Dead Man's Switch was actually pretty okay as a murder mystery but had the misfortune of spiraling way out of control
    Spoiler:
    to the point you end up fighting immortal ant abominations from another plane of existence
    . Hong Kong had the exact same problem but had tons of foreshadowing that made it seem less ridiculous than it ended up being. DragonFall managed to completely keep its tone and story focused so it ended being exponentially better than the other two campaigns. I played as a gunslinging shaman in DMS, an adept(monk basically) in DragonFall, and a spray and pray katana wielding commando in Hong Kong. Going to try out the three other classes in new playthroughs.
    Spoiler:
    The Best Thing BlackBlade's Ever Said.
    Quote Originally Posted by black1blade View Post
    Just watch KNK, read fate and tsuki then just never bother with another nasu thing again but continue to use BL regardless.

Dullahan's Writing Genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    I hope you love purple prose, pretentious dialogue and oblique references to Hegelian philosophy too motherfucker 'cause that's what's up

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    just finished night in the woods and it was amazing.
    Even played the supplemental stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

マリーの味方
    anyone excited for pyre

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Definitely, but I probably won't be buying it. Probably watch it on YT, hopefully somebody good will cover it. Bastion and Transistor were masterpieces, if Supergiant can pull off another one they'll have done better than almost any studio on the planet.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    anyone excited for pyre
    The only game I'm currently hyped for tbh

like Eddyak said I'm not sure if they can deliver 3/3 but I can't help but be hyped anyway

Banned
    Hopefully it'll correct course after Transistor.

Blog Entries
    https://www.humblebundle.com/store/7-days-to-die
    10$

I've put too many hours into this game lol

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bad View Post
    Hopefully it'll correct course after Transistor.
    Transistor was good

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    anyone excited for pyre
    yup, found out about it 3 days ago
    got it yesterday
    looks like a game i'd suck at
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    KotOR I replay thoughts:

1. It is so sodding weird to be reminded that we used to have to use PHYSICAL DISCS for gaming. All the time. Like, no more than a decade ago. Whaaaaat.

2. I appreciate that I get some variety in the available butch hairstyles. I don’t get that often. Thank you, BioWare.

3. It’s honestly impressive just how much worse K1 is mechanically than K2, given the ever-lamented short turn-around on K2. It’s actually better than I remembered, in terms of combat options, but K2 was still such an improvement.

4. Speaking of K2 infamy, this is notably buggier than I remember it. Some of it’s mods and some of it’s an OS it wasn’t designed for, but still.

5. K1 Pazaak suuuuuuucks.

6. Before you get Cure: HELPHELPHELP, I’M RUNNING THROUGH ALL MY MEDPACKS, GIVE ME MEDPACKS. After you get Cure: what are medpacks?

7. I appreciate Carth slightly more. It’s actually interesting how they wrote him so you can genuinely be insulting him (like I was) or play-fighting, and his dialogue still fits. It’s pretty clever.

8. His dialogue indeed has enough spark and personality (beyond what everyone remembers, i.e. overwhelming paranoia) that I’m revising my opinion upward to “at least he’s not Kaidan”.

9. (Disclaimer: if I ever force myself into replaying ME1, my remembered opinion on Kaidan as the most boring character ever created might change too. But probably not).

10. Loooooool, Taris. Level 2 all the way, baby. (Though getting a good Sneak Attack as a Jedi is almost worth levelling up. But not really, especially when I HAVE MODS FOR THAT).

11. The full Vulkar base is interesting, and actually quite rich in the detail, but was still deservedly cut.

12. Juhani: first BW and SW lesbian, even if the former had to sneak her past the latter. Go girl! Also, though, let’s be honest, a really ugly cat-woman because they just weren’t up to the task and had a fetish for VERY BAD hair. Sexist as the modder may have been, giving her a human head really is preferable.

13. Waaaaaait a second, Jolee, you’re my evil sibling from the series before last. What the hell? (It turns out I’m instinctively soothed by KMR’s voice because of NOSTALGIA).

14. HK is surprisingly similar to K2 HK, in a way I hadn’t remembered. There was some character depth in him to work with, compared to, say, a Black Whirlwind.

15. Bas, I just wiped out his HP in ONE ROUND. Stop with the stupid bloody “heroic sacrifice” already, for goodness’ sake.

16. The alignment meter really doesn’t like utilitarianism, huh? Well, Light Side, my Revan prefers radical communism to you anyway, so nyeeeeeeh. (Read: obsessive kleptomania and giving a little bit of it away in generous LS dialogue options)
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Banned
    Pyre looks fucking rad

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's pretty good so far. The magical basketball game is fun as hell.
    Spoiler:
    Just watch KNK, read fate and tsuki then just never bother with another nasu thing again but continue to use BL regardless.

I hope you love purple prose, pretentious dialogue and oblique references to Hegelian philosophy too motherfucker 'cause that's what's up

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just beat Pyre; It was amazing. I feel like replaying it several times over to see what other scenes and endings I didn't get the first time around.
    Spoiler:
    I decided stay behind with Ti'zo, Volfred, and Bertrude and let the old Demon Nightwing member leave. I'm kind of sad I let little Grey go free after the first liberation rite rather than keep her around. It would've been nice to see scenes of her interacting more with the other triumvirate members. It was nice learning that after she left and the revolution took place she became a messiah of some sort.

Guess i'm either going to play Transistor or Bastion next. Supergiant games has me hooked on their tasteful artstyles and soundtracks.
    Spoiler:

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    If you're the kind of guy who saves the best bit of the meal for last, you'll wanna save Bastion. Transistor's a masterpiece as well, but Bastion is even better.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    If you're the kind of guy who saves the best bit of the meal for last, you'll wanna save Bastion. Transistor's a masterpiece as well, but Bastion is even better.
    Eh, depends on what kind of mood I'm in. I think I'll try Transistor next, tho.
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    Bastion is truly fantastic
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Just got two games- Immortal Planet and Sundered.

Immortal Planet- Isometric Hack 'n Slash, only without the recklessness. It's a lot more deliberate than the other Souls type games- all of the attacks take a lot of stamina, and the timing for blocks and dodges is really tight. The levelling up doesn't seem to do an awful lot. Let's say you start out at 100hp. Each point into HP increases it by 1, and while you do get a good amount of, uh... e-souls... for beating even the regular mobs, levelling up is done in such small increments it doesn't feel like you're getting stronger at all.

Sundered is a Metroidvania style platformer, but the platforming and combat are both imprecise as all shit. It feels like they tried to make momentum a thing, but completely failed at it. Instead of the character slowing to a stop when you let go of the stick, she just runs on for a bit, then stops. Fights are confusing as fuck, with twelve thousand things all over the screen, trying to murder you, and you falling through platforms, or jumping when you meant to fall through platforms. Enemies are massive fucking damage sponges, and they come at you in absolute fucking droves. Swinging takes you forward, and your attacks just send you sailing right through enemies when you spam attacks (which you'll have to, to actually kill things), especially if you've got them up aginst a wall. The upgrades you get to pick are incremental, and not incredibly interesting. +5 Shields and +2 Melee and +1 Armour, +8% crit and all that. I've had a lot more fun with this game than Immortal Planet, though, and I think it's partly the gorgeous environments and often really well animated enemies, and partly the really fluid gameplay.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Just got done with Transistor; I'm kind of confused on just what was going on but I think I have a good idea on what was happening. That ending made my heart grow three sizes.

- - - Updated - - -

I should really replay it because I'm pretty sure I missed out on some terminals and a few side areas. Someday maybe but for now I guess it's Bastion time.
    Spoiler:

マリーの味方
    man maybe i'm terrible but pyre becomes quite difficult

Blog Entries
    I've been playing Odin Sphere Leifthrasir remake on my Vita almost non-stop for the past two weeks. It has all the side-scrolling, beat-'em'-up charm of the original while giving the combat system a pretty big facelift so it doesn't feel quite so clunky and repetitive. You can do no wrong, Vanillaware.

I have all five of the heroes between level 50 and 53, and I wonder if I am over-leveled for the Armageddon bosses again. I was so paranoid about these world-ending badasses in the original PS2 game way back when that I did a ridiculous amount of grinding. By the time I finally tackled the Beasts of Armageddon, most of them didn't live up to the hype and were really only "challenging" because they had a dump truck full of HP. They tested my patience more than my skill. We'll see if Vanillaware retooled them at all this time around.

The hardest enemies of the remake have been the brand new sub-bosses. It took me so damn long to get a sense of their ranges, their wind ups, etc.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude