Page 230 of 301 FirstFirst ... 130180220225228229230231232235240280 ... LastLast
Results 4,581 to 4,600 of 6001

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just can't believe two axes isn't enough axes!
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    The combat is really fun, but I'll admit to missing the "artistic" (if very easy) combat of earlier games, and wish there could be something of a balance between the two. The side-quests were mostly pretty great though, I liked how there were millions of them and they all told decent little stories of their own. That's where AC:O shines, and it gives me the strong impression that the main story was written by an entirely separate team from those that wrote the side quests.

I can't agree enough on the main story, though, oh my God. It starts somewhat promising, but it falls off that cliff with all the speed it can muster. The characters are thinly developed, are barely even at least interesting like Black Flag (the last AC game I played all the way through) and it seems to go by in a flash. You jump from one scene to the next with little in-between, your actual motivation for continuing becomes extremely vague by the end, and everything in general comes apart like a loose ball of yarn rolled downstairs. The dialogue is absolutely where it hits a true nadir in quality though: the voice-acting is perfectly okay, I had no problem with that at all, but the writing is so awful I could barely believe it. The "banter" in story boss fights is so painfully amateurish that it put anything in Mass Effect Andromeda to shame. The fight at 34:00 in this video (incredibly minor spoilers) gives a good example:

Nonetheless, it's a fun game to play, and also it's absolutely gorgeous, the landscapes and towns and cities are beautifully rendered. It's well worth it to just ride around and enjoy the scenery instead of doing quests or fights.
    'you futuo'?

you (I fuck)?

did they google translate this shit
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    'you futuo'?

you (I fuck)?

did they google translate this shit
    None of the featured ancient languages (Greek, Egyptian, Latin) spoken by rando NPCs on the street get subtitled, so, wouldn't be the biggest surprise.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    The combat is really fun, but I'll admit to missing the "artistic" (if very easy) combat of earlier games, and wish there could be something of a balance between the two. The side-quests were mostly pretty great though, I liked how there were millions of them and they all told decent little stories of their own. That's where AC:O shines, and it gives me the strong impression that the main story was written by an entirely separate team from those that wrote the side quests.

Nonetheless, it's a fun game to play, and also it's absolutely gorgeous, the landscapes and towns and cities are beautifully rendered. It's well worth it to just ride around and enjoy the scenery instead of doing quests or fights.
    Some of the side quests were good, yeah. Certain ones like Bayek hanging with his friend from the chariot races or the one about the washed up gladiator were great. I was probably a bit harsh on them because after a certain point I stopped doing them as I was tired of all the stuff thrown at me and just wanted to get the game over with. Maybe I should go back and do more.

The world was definitely gorgeous. I haven't finished an AC game since 3 but this world really did impress me, and makes me look forward to see where else they go in future installments. I know they've shot down a Japan centered AC in the past but I'd kill to see one with an expansive open world like Origins.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I know they've shot down a Japan centered AC in the past but I'd kill to see one with an expansive open world like Origins.
    I'd honestly prefer an expansion on what we got for China in Chronicles.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    I know they've shot down a Japan centered AC in the past but I'd kill to see one with an expansive open world like Origins.
    I have a feeling that Sucker Punch's "Ghost of Tsushima" will probably fill that niche for the time being.

But yeah, I'd be down for either a Japan/China AC game.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    there's a china AC
    but its side scrolling
    Quote Originally Posted by FSF 5, Chapter 14: Gold and Lions I
    Dumas flashed a fearless grin at Flat and Jack as he rattled off odd turns of phrase.
    "And most importantly, it's me who'll be doing the cooking."
    Though abandoned, forgotten, and scorned as out-of-date dolls, they continue to carry out their mission, unchanged from the time they were designed.
    Machines do not lose their worth when a newer model appears.
    Their worth (life) ends when humans can no longer bear that purity.

Blog Entries
    They kinda under-utilized a lot of settings and put them in that side-scroller style, yeah.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    They already did a Japan-esque thing with Tomb Raider.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Tomb Raider ain't to my tastes personally.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

マリーの味方

tfw

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Y'know, I actually think that might also mean kill. I'm pretty sure he knows she's the
    Spoiler:
    E-model.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Was thinking about making a strategy game thread to make a more dedicated location for discussion before I just wandered over here instead >_>

Dominions 5 is fun (this is one of the few times where I've never heard anyone say everyone should go back to a previous game), SC focused nations are so enjoyable, but my favorite nation is Caelum (and Ragha being close)! I just love the idea of angel people living on the top of mountains.

I love the lore of each nation and while the interface and UI are rough and making learning the game awful it is still great.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

マリーの味方
    Finally finished Nier: Automata. Once I got to the halfway point I was a bit weary and beginning to wonder why it was so praised, but the second half was really great. I wish we would've gotten more A2.

Spoiler:
    The option to delete your save in Ending E was neat. I realize it's kind of meaningless and I could've backed it up beforehand but I ended up deleting it regardless.

JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    My man.

Yeah, Near a Tomato has some annoying parts to it, but the end is totally worth it, if only for that one part. I just wish we hadn't had 9Edge.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    in what was supposed to be a routine battle turned into a pyrrhiac victory when i forgot I left my god in this province

He conjured a lightning storm and threw down tons of bouncing electric spells in and killed more of my own guys then the enemy :|
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Meh's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Finally got around to trying the Neptunia games, starting with Hyperdimension Nept Rebirth.

Yeah got two swords with better stats but sticking with the Hunting Sword because of the attack width. IF's AoE Skill is neat

Blog Entries
    Picked up Witcher 3: GOTY and Total War: Warhammer II

Witcher 3 is pretty. With visual effects mods it looks even better.

Warhammer II's Mortal Empires is crazy... and with Tomb Kings coming out soon I can't wait.

Blog Entries
    A relatively surprising amount of the Valygar romance is actually still hanging around in the files, it seems, including the Wraith conversation. (Also a hilarious little scene where he tries to let Mazzy down in favour of CHARNAME, and she's like, "Nope, still hung up on my dead lover, Val. Cool it.")

Also, Valygar is not-so-subtly written as bi, which is interesting for a 2000 game. He gets really pissy about it with Viconia when she keeps needling him about it, but even then he says that he likes women well enough without denying the actual accusation he likes men. (Also, congrats, Vi, you decided you literally were willing to incite him to murder you for the sake of this point. I hope it was worth it?) And Cernd calls him "fruity", which makes him storm off in a huff refusing to sit there and be insinuated at. Cernd is such an arse.

(Along with that, picked up a cut item that it looks like they ended up restoring only in the Siege of Dragonspear expansion, of all things).
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    Hm... VRchat... to try or not to try...