Page 233 of 301 FirstFirst ... 133183223228231232233234235238243283 ... LastLast
Results 4,641 to 4,660 of 6001

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

Blog Entries
    Well, I'm an idiot. My brother walked in and figured it out in about ten seconds.

As for BotW, I definitely like it when it's at its most straightforward. The Divine Beast quests have all been colorful and fun and inventive, while all of the side stuff like tracking down Shrines and Korok seeds feels like filler. As much as I do enjoy BotW, it's not on track to dethrone Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess as my favorite Zelda titles.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Well, I'm an idiot. My brother walked in and figured it out in about ten seconds.

As for BotW, I definitely like it when it's at its most straightforward. The Divine Beast quests have all been colorful and fun and inventive, while all of the side stuff like tracking down Shrines and Korok seeds feels like filler. As much as I do enjoy BotW, it's not on track to dethrone Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess as my favorite Zelda titles.
    You can't really enjoy BOTW from a strictly goal-oriented point of view. Most of the fun of the game (at least IMO) comes from just wandering around and seeing what interesting things you happen to stumble across. Personally, I found it very satisfying to be exploring and find a new Shrine or Tower in some unexpected location, but to each his own I suppose.

Blog Entries
    Sure, it's cool to kill some monsters harassing NPCs wandering the roads to feel like a badass, and I was pleasantly surprised to unlock a tower while aimlessly wandering, only to realize later on that it cut my transit time in half on the Gerudo quest hours later because I can warp straight to that tower.

But that's rather telling. The wanderlust wore off after the first six hours or so, and it became a game of "find the shortcut." I don't even complete every Shrine I find. I sometimes just use them as warp points to save me more foot travel.

All of that being said, it was pretty cool to come across an area full of monsters the developers clearly intended for later in the game, only to complete it anyway because I had the right combination of special arrows, Rune bombs, hit-and-run tactics and flat-out stealing enemy weapons when they dropped them.
    Last edited by Imperial; March 28th, 2018 at 06:30 PM.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Sure, it's cool to kill some monsters harassing NPCs wandering the roads to feel like a badass, and I was pleasantly surprised to unlock a tower while aimlessly wandering, only to realize later on that it cut my transit time in half on the Gerudo quest later on because I can warp straight to that tower.

But that's rather telling. The wanderlust wore off after the first six hours or so, and it became a game of "find the shortcut." I don't even complete every Shrine I find. I just use them as warp points to save me more foot travel.
    Interesting. All I can say is that we clearly came into the game wanting and expecting very different things.

Personally, I had no problem with wandering as long as I felt like I was actually finding something, and there's enough shrines scattered around that- until very late in the game- just by wandering aimlessly in any given area I'd be almost guaranteed to stumble across a few. But if you don't find the shrine discovery rewarding then yeah, I can easily see parts of the game becoming a slog.

Fuck Drakengard 3.

598,535,004 (NA)

FUCK DRAKENGARD 3.

598,535,004 (NA)

FUCK THIS SHITTY HACK AND SLASH TRYING TO BE A SHITTY MUSIC GAME.

598,535,004 (NA)

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Above: The Fall of Man.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    The avatar is perfect.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I hear there's a youtube video that if you sync it up to the start of the fight will tell you when to push buttons. It apparently works some of the time.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    NieR: Drag-On Dragoonce Revolution

This Silence Is Mine Oni difficulty when

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I wonder if i should pick Tales of Berseria, i liked Zestiria's story but the ridiculous micro managing was so tedious

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Berseria is considered the superior of the two in every aspect so if you still liked Zestiria there’s no harm intetting the prequel

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I'm really shocked that with all the hype and press the new God of War game is getting, Sony hasn't realeased the first two games on PS4 yet. I'm almost tempted to plug in my PS3 and download the collection there, but I have the feeling the week after I do, that's when the re-release will show up.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

マリーの味方
    Still not done God of War but it is really good.

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Definitely agree with that.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    God of War truly is the Dark Souls of For Honor.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    I've waited my whole life for this,

- - - Updated - - -

Truly what VR was made for.

マリーの味方
    Finished God of War this weekend. While it did have some faults, it was still an insanely good game. It also made me incredibly excited for the future of the franchise.

So Many Ideas, So Little Time SleepMode's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Fully finished The Witcher 3 and its DLCs. After 160+ hours of time spent wandering, side-questing and Witcher Gear-crafting they were hours well spent.
    The early game was kind of a hell at first (Even Normal mode was kicking my ass) but with gradual hoarding and actively taking quests, it turned into a rather pleasant experience. The music deserves a 2x thumbs up, be it atmospheric or for combat.

Sadly I feel like I am now spoiled in terms of RPGs, and my standards are raised to too high a level for my own good.
    The Act of dozing off in the afternoon is a luxury indeed.
    Coffee would be nice, though.

[Collection of my Servant Sheets]
    Now Revamped!