Page 236 of 301 FirstFirst ... 136186226231234235236237238241246286 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,720 of 6001

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just completed the HD Remaster of "Shenmue 1".

Still just as great as I remember and an easy Platinum since it pre-existed that system and like 85% of the trophies are obtained from going through the story.

Now, I'm off to find some sailors...
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Waiting: The Game

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    The new Spiderman game is good, they nail the swinging perfectly just like the PS2 games.
    Except for the puzzle part.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Why is everyone going on about the puzzles? They take like 20 seconds max and they restock so infrequently. I spend more time a day waiting for F/GO to load.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Spider-man was sold out so I bought Far Cry 5 instead

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Since this is a thinly veiled recommendation thread:

I got a PS4 passed down from a former tenant so effectively it's mine now though he might take it back when he feels like it but it's not too dramatic. Anyway, if you could recommend only one PS4 game to get which one would that be. I got Bloodborne already so not that.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

I've heard Good Things about Horizon Zero Dawn

Blog Entries
    Just started playing "inFamous: Second Son".

Story is a little "ehhh", but the gameplay is very fun.

Playing through the DLC mission "Cole's Legacy" made me shed a tear for remembering the ending of IF2.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Since this is a thinly veiled recommendation thread:

I got a PS4 passed down from a former tenant so effectively it's mine now though he might take it back when he feels like it but it's not too dramatic. Anyway, if you could recommend only one PS4 game to get which one would that be. I got Bloodborne already so not that.
    Persona 5.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    After a month of Beta for Azeroth, I'm done with WoW again, though this might be my final trip down that rabbit hole.

Gotten readdicted to playing Town of Salem though. Helluva lot of fun.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    I just finished FFXV. My first Final Fantasy game.

I... don't know where to put this one. I'm standing on the fence, and I really don't want to get off it in either direction.

On one hand, the combat feels unique. Warping around, tossing swords and spears, bringing in teammates for team attacks, summoning gigantic gods to slap teeny tiny crab monsters... It's all ridiculously good fun.

On the other, the controls are fucking infuriating. Whichever birdbrain decided the interact button would also be the jump button needs to be demoted, and then retaught how to play video games. Prompts are conditional on you standing in stupidly specific places, and if your character drifts a pixel or two out of the right area, or isn't turned quite in the right direction, they do something else entirely. Warping into the middle of a bunch of guards during a stealth mission instead of stealth killing one of them because you walked half a step out of place is retarded on a level I can barely comprehend. The camera regularly decides to take a stroll, or a jog, in whichever fucking direction it wants, which is stupid as all hell, and results in you staring at a wall while you desperately try to dodge half a dozen lightning fast monsters. It isn't made clear why or when you can use some things- summoning, your royal weapons, and so on.

The story's your typical good vs evil et cetera, nothing of interest here whatsoever, but holy shit was a lot of stuff just seemingly & randomly arsepulled. Maybe you have to know the Final Fantay universe to know what the hell's going on, but there's nothing to allow a first time viewer any insight into the universe. "We've gotta go to gigantic stone carrying dude!" Sure, but who is gigantic stone carrying dude, and why do we need to go see him? "Who gives a shit! Let's go!" Okay, but what's this ring? *Shrug* "And the crystal?" "idon'tfuckingknowjustcomealong" But surely you'll explain why this prophecy thing exists and why the king of kings will need to give up his life! "m8 if you want to know what's going on go read a fucking book, we're a video game here"

The friends are a lot of fun. You can feel how much these guys care about each other, I grew to like the boyband throughout, and that wasn't something I was expecting.
    I wish I could say the same about Luna. She was just sort of there, being the generic love interest. I'm just glad she was out there doing things, rather than sitting around being kidnapped like your typical generic love interest.

It was a short yet oddly long journey. This goes both ways- it's good in that they were four guys on a short journey, bad in that we were just bouncing from place to place, and a lot of the stuff in between was either filler, or us being messed with by the bad guy, for seemingly no reason whatsoever.

The quests were also absolutely hit 'n miss. Hey, this cat's following us around. Let's get him some food. Also, go kill fifteen bears and fetch me their arses. Dodgy jewellery salesman wants me to go to a suspicious area. Now go kill seven superbears, and fetch me their superarses.

The villain was... not compelling. Shows up, says something cryptic, leaves. Ominous thing happens. Shows up, helps us, says cryptic things, leaves. Shows up, screws us over, says crpytic things, leaves- oh, no, wait, he hasn't left, he's sticking around to taunt us, and screw us over again, and taunt us more, and so on and so forth. He reveals his motivations in a line or two. Then fight. If I'm honest, I'd rather have fought the dodgy jewellery salesman, the fiance's older brother or the we-all-thought-she-was-gonna-be-evil-but-she-turned-out-all-right-villain-looking-lady.

The plot, all over the place. LOOK! Plot inconvenience. Don't worry! We have a plot solver here. Plot stopper! Plot unplugger, just down the road.

Graphics, incredible. Performance, garbage.

I can't tell whether I want to love this game, but actually hate it, or if I want to hate it but actually love it. I loved most of the characters, the cutscenes were all beautifully done, the locations were amazing,
    I haven't been this torn by a game in years, and I still can't tell whether that's a good or a bad thing.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

JP Friend Code
    616288630 tell/pm/whatev
    Blog Entries
    Final Fantasy entry's story is pretty stand alone for every numbered entry, other than you missed the traditions having a different reincarnation of the same bosses and summons. People tend to praise the storyline, but I always thought it just another convoluted Japanese games stories. I'm pretty sure when people talk about FF storyline, they actually talk about the optional world building tidbits, which nowadays every single RPG also have.

If you like the combat of FFXV, try Kingdom Hearts 2, it pretty similar but flow better (have no camera issue).

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For some reason, i have been sinking deeper and deeper in touhou fangames. There are some real gems in here.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

Blog Entries
    decided to play some fallout new vegas and got all my mods in order + enb

it looks nice, basically an hd remake of the original

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    If you like the Cold War, spy novels or old-fashioned turn-based games like Jagged Alliance and Silent Storm, Phantom Doctrine is pretty rad.
    Still rough in a few places, being a relatively new release and all, but nevertheless fun to mess around with.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    Started up a new file on Dark Souls 3 after deleting my first run in the midst of a rage quit some months back

I was about to face the twin princes. I was so close to the end. I could taste it. And I've never forgiven myself for it.

Time to put on my big boy pants.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

マリーの味方
    Halo Wars is fun.

Blog Entries
    Been playing "SD Gundam G Generation Genesis". A tactical turn based game based on Gundam.

You go through several of the classic stories as the characters but also have an OG team to help out. You complete story missions and gain capital which allows you to produce and develop mechs since it has a system where any mechs that are downed in battle are permanently destroyed so you have to be careful otherwise you'll have to start building mechs again from the ground up.

S'all right for a time killer.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Been playing "SD Gundam G Generation Genesis". A tactical turn based game based on Gundam.

You go through several of the classic stories as the characters but also have an OG team to help out. You complete story missions and gain capital which allows you to produce and develop mechs since it has a system where any mechs that are downed in battle are permanently destroyed so you have to be careful otherwise you'll have to start building mechs again from the ground up.

S'all right for a time killer.
    I've been playing On & Off SD Gundam G Generation World myself...its been fully translated to English too so that's nice.

Its one of those Gundam games where it lets me play my obscure favorites like the not-Escaflowne MS Gafran. We also get to see some fun stuff like:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rue View Post
    I've been playing On & Off SD Gundam G Generation World myself...its been fully translated to English too so that's nice.
    Its one of those Gundam games where it lets me play my obscure favorites like the not-Escaflowne MS Gafran. We also get to see some fun stuff like:
    Lol, it's like Build Fighters Battlogue again with Char vs Ribbons.

It sucks that Genesis doesn't have any Non-UC material but oh well.