Page 2 of 301 FirstFirst 123471252102 ... LastLast

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

Blog Entries
    MF is easy as shit. It's just Xemnas with a different way of fighting.

Now LW, NEVER AGAIN. Hyper-Aggressive Sora with Magic Key Hoverboards and Magic Key Drills is not fun.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I see someone doesn't know what dodge roll is all about

Year 1

Salt Corner

Quote Originally Posted by hayate View Post
    He's the exception. We see him swimming in with the
    gold
    good
    waifus.

He got his share of woes as with other players, but it has been overwhelmed by the sheer amount of different SSRs, both as F2P and P2P.

I don't even wish to stand beside him as I got 2 consecutive IRs at my work the very same month after I got Jeanne.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriulio View Post
    Okay:

First of all, a big FUCK YOU to everyone who got Holmes
    Second of all, a DOUBLE FUCK YOU at Laith because asahkwbebnfj,hhfshfls;
    Third of all, a TRIPLE FUCK YOU to people who quote Laith's gacha posts. THE WHOLE POINT OF HAVING HIM IN MY IGNORE LIST IS TO PREVENT THIS
    Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    fuck laith btw

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Laith View Post
    I see someone doesn't know what dodge roll is all about
    Tell that to my worn out square button

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    Desktop Dungeons:

Since I'm swamped with schoolwork 24/7 (and not studying for the exam I have in less than eight hours), I can't partake of my usual roguelike favourites like Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, so I've really gotten into this bite-sized snack-factory. Picture a puzzle game crossed with a roguelike, where each game lasts anywhere from ten minutes to half an hour if you're super slow and methodical. It's perfect for a student who just needs to take a short break before jumping back into the textbooks. There's an insane amount of depth, hundreds of items and unique interactions, gods to worship, plenty of races and classes that can be mixed for crazy synergy, tons of dungeons and monsters, and ridiculously insane achievements to get.

And goats.

Goats that can one-shot you even at max level.

I love this game.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Killer is Dead

3D action game, plays a lot like No More Heroes with more standardized defensive mechanics (dodge rolls and blocks that can both be perfectly timed for a stun/bonus). This is actually my second time playing it so I'm going for achievements now and playing it on Very Hard. Very Hard is not actually Very Hard if you don't play it like me and try to score (almost) all your kills with a 30+ combo which slows my progression down a bit. It still looks great though and is weird, but not as great as the Suda games that came before it.

Borderlands The Presequel

FPS. Plays exactly like Borderlands 2 with new characters. The characters are better designed and the leveling is faster which is why I play one char coop with a friend of mine and another will hit max level tonight. It's less funny than 2, has maybe 2 funny quests, but it scratches my Diablo itch.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Shadowrun Returns:

Good-ass turn-based RPG thingy with a good few shoutouts to cool shit. My Troll bruiser, Imaqtpie, rekt everything pretty hard.

Shadowrun Dragonfall:

Only just started this for an hour or so last night. Same thing as above except the UI is better, gameplay is largely improved and there's a fixed team, which beats hiring emotionless broads with all my in-game cash to beat missions. My Troll Mage, Le Toucan, is currently fucking up people in Berlin.

The Witcher Adventure Game:

Good online tabletop game similar to the DnD Tabletop Lords of Waterdeep. Kinda boring on your own, but a good little bag of fun with friends.

Gonna start The Banner Saga when I'm done with Shadowrun Dragonfall, so look forward to an opinion on that.
    Last edited by Christemo; December 15th, 2014 at 06:33 AM.

Blog Entries
    I started a new playthrough of Far Cry 3 on Master. Had a laugh at the description text on the difficulty select screen. "Worse than malaria." Come on, guys; malaria wasn't even that annoying in FC2. Anyway, I'd been doing self-imposed challenges on my Warrior postgame save - clearing all outposts undetected without using silenced weapons, that sort of thing - and it was starting to wear thin, so I started from scratch on Master to see what be's. Doing Buck's missions again for the first time in a while just goes to show how good this game is at being Uncharted when it wants to be. Also, Buck is hilarious, and video games need more Australian bad guys.

Also, I fired up the multiplayer of Modern Warfare 2 for random nostalgia purposes last night. Wanted to see what was up with the game I wasted 200+ hours on in high school.

The UMP still makes 90% of the game's arsenal obsolete. Nothing's changed at all.
    Last edited by Dullahan; December 15th, 2014 at 09:03 AM.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Persona 4: god this game is murdering my free time, S-Linos are like stars in a Mario game, my mind won't let me leave them alone.

Mario kart 8: Must unlock Rosalinda, yet all I end up with are the goddamn koopa kids. Fuck you, Ludwig!

Mario 3D world: as good as the last one, even if the is some touchscreen bullshit thatakes some levels dn near impossible to do a speed run through.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mewarmo990 View Post
    Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] -Fate-
    First time reading 100% of it in Japanese from the beginning. I'm enjoying it but I've found my patience for visual novels has massively declined since my high school days.
    Sometimes I pop in the patches to see the difference. Someone should redo the translation. The MM translation was... interesting.
    Feelin it. Wherever I saw something totally wrong I changed it, but I wish we could have done some large scale editing thing instead of fussing around with OP videos.

Citizen of the World TheInfamousMan's Avatar
    Persona Q: New killer of my time, mapmaking is addictive when you want to get it right.
    Current Works:

Just an Unorthodox Thief (Fate/Zero-Lupin III Crossover) [Updated 7/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Non-Nasuverse Fics:

A Different Kind of Truth (Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Steel Ball Run/Persona 4 Crossover) [Updated 3/26/2017] TV Tropes Page

Blog Entries
    BB:CS. Well shit, it's fast.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors UnlimitedBladeWorks's Avatar
    I'm playing through classic Mega Man while I wait for my Smash Wii U to ship, beat the first game and I'm on Willy's castle in the second.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    @eddyak: Dark Souls has the been the PC game I'm playing the most, and now I feel bad that I don't know it as in-depth as you do, lol. I've been avoiding that thread since I don't feel I have anything to contribute. I'm still at the relative beginning like Undead Parish; is it just me or is progressing to new areas a painstaking procedure? The difficulty that's added from the save system reminds me of how challenging Metroid Prime was (fucking Phendrana Drifts Space Pirate Lab).

I too enjoy having to run away from new enemies I realize I am utterly outclassed by.

@Mattias: I've been holding off on the Adachi boss fight on Golden since I've been playing Persona 3 Portable. At least with P4, I think I have a good chance of maxing out all Social Links (thank you New Game +). I think I won't be able to max out Aigis on this run (and Hidetoshi but lol non party SL). Which is disappointing, and also how I can't find a better guide than gamefaqs format on SL that is like that helpful P4G one (https://sites.google.com/site/persona4goldenguide/).

And god damn is P3 harder for me on Normal than it ever was on P4. It doesn't help with how they handle experience, going through dungeons, and man, I've been spoiled hard by Golden.

It's kind of funny how the Reaper is so manageable in Golden now that everyone is up to lvl. 99 even though I still have to be careful with it's moveset. Meanwhile, P3P Reaper spams Megidolaon like a motherfucker. Thank god for Helel and Chi You so that I can rack up damage while everyone else can be meat sponges.

And the Vision Quest makes me want to cry. I'm dreading Monad too. Time to buck up and hit online help, no way I'm doing that blind.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Meh's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Dragon Age Inquisition

So good. Killing dragons is fun. Companion banter is always good. Music actually being something I pay attention to for once in a Dragon Age game. Overall, improvement over the first two.

SWTOR

Grind Heavy, but there is something about driving Jedi over the edge without torture that makes it all worth it. Making one of them back off and the other to fall by refusing to fight is just nice.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors black1blade's Avatar
    Exactly the same games my friend is playing.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Yeah, you're still at the beginning, and yeah, it's a bit annoying trying to get to new places- Andre the blacksmith should be your best friend for three quarters of the game, especially when you get the ember you'll need to ascend (modify) your weapon past +5. Take your time and learn your enemies' attack patterns, learn how to parry the human enemies, make sure you have a ranged weapon for pulling enemies out of groups, talk to NPCs several times (and remember what they say), and explore everywhere.

I'll save you half an hour of trudging around: If you've got the Basement Key from somewhere around the Undead Parish, and once you've killed the area boss and rung the bell, remember that one door you couldn't open on the bridge with the drake.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors black1blade's Avatar
    Dark souls. GRRR. Could get past the second boss battle.

Banned
    Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

Always worth it for the gameplay and vocations. Though, you usually have to plan ahead on what vocations you level as in order to get the right build for your preferred vocation and play style. Probably one of the best soundtracks, and it doesn't force the story down your throat in the same vein as Skyrim. Albeit the combat is much, much better than Skyrim's.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Oh, and anyone unable to play Dark Souls because of GfWL? Yep, that's gone.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    Yeah, you're still at the beginning, and yeah, it's a bit annoying trying to get to new places- Andre the blacksmith should be your best friend for three quarters of the game, especially when you get the ember you'll need to ascend (modify) your weapon past +5. Take your time and learn your enemies' attack patterns, learn how to parry the human enemies, make sure you have a ranged weapon for pulling enemies out of groups, talk to NPCs several times (and remember what they say), and explore everywhere.

I'll save you half an hour of trudging around: If you've got the Basement Key from somewhere around the Undead Parish, and once you've killed the area boss and rung the bell, remember that one door you couldn't open on the bridge with the drake.
    Thanks man. For reinforcing weapons, my best one is the Battle Axe right now. Should I hold off, reinforce armor, purchase Pike or Bastard Sword?

And how soon do I have to wait until fast traveling between Bonfires?