Page 296 of 301 FirstFirst ... 196246286291294295296297298 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,920 of 6002

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors Nanaya's Avatar
    I sincerely doubt any game (that's not an MMO) will ever have 400 hours of actual content
    *Glances at the 5000+ hours of MHW accrued over 2 years*
    Content is mostly mastery though.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Yeah, hence the "actual" in there. I have a few hundred hours invested in World myself, but the actual content ran out about a hundred in. The rest was grinding.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    After whetting my appetite for old JRPG's with a quick run-through of Persona 1, I decided to go deeper and revisit the depths of my childhood by playing my first ever SMT game Nocturne* via the recent HD Remaster...not featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series because I forgot to buy the DLC when I booted up the game, so I get to recruit Raidou instead.

Something that interests me is that I completely forgot how the game allows you to re-name your initial human friends in addition to the Player and so there's an awful lot of having to awkwardly dance around saying anybody's name in dialogue, but I really do like the voice acting otherwise. To this day I still have questions regarding the identities of Hijiri and the Lady in Black, namely SPOILERwhether or not they are Aleph and Yuriko respectively, the effective manner in which to use the Magatama system continues to elude me and as a child I never noticed that the Demi-Fiend has a giant horn sticking out of the back of his neck which according to the concept art is the source of his power. Lastly, although I will likely still pick the Freedom Ending, I am seriously tempted to roll with one of the Reason Endings because whilst not perfect, the Reasons are such a refreshing change from the standard Law/Neutral/Chaos Alignments the franchise is known for.

* Fun fact, due to legal reasons the original release here in Europe was called "Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call" instead.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Been playing purely co-op BG3 with a friend and it's been a great experience. Actually living up to the hype so far. Really feels like a DnD campaign transferred into a vg. Can just spend hours going about exploring, perceiving secrets and relaying that info to each other as you build towards other objectives. I was surprised at how different NPC's have been reacting to my Drow versus EA where I played a Wood Elf so you got some good RP elements. Origin characters are all interesting and one of the best parts. Also wish their stance on mtx was the industry standard. Shaping up well so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    After whetting my appetite for old JRPG's with a quick run-through of Persona 1, I decided to go deeper and revisit the depths of my childhood by playing my first ever SMT game Nocturne* via the recent HD Remaster...not featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series because I forgot to buy the DLC when I booted up the game, so I get to recruit Raidou instead.

Something that interests me is that I completely forgot how the game allows you to re-name your initial human friends in addition to the Player and so there's an awful lot of having to awkwardly dance around saying anybody's name in dialogue, but I really do like the voice acting otherwise. To this day I still have questions regarding the identities of Hijiri and the Lady in Black, namely SPOILERwhether or not they are Aleph and Yuriko respectively, the effective manner in which to use the Magatama system continues to elude me and as a child I never noticed that the Demi-Fiend has a giant horn sticking out of the back of his neck which according to the concept art is the source of his power. Lastly, although I will likely still pick the Freedom Ending, I am seriously tempted to roll with one of the Reason Endings because whilst not perfect, the Reasons are such a refreshing change from the standard Law/Neutral/Chaos Alignments the franchise is known for.

* Fun fact, due to legal reasons the original release here in Europe was called "Shin Megami Tensei: Lucifer's Call" instead.
    The most effective way to use magatama is to equip whichever one makes you punch harder with maybe a stop for Sukukaja/Charge/Endure here and there. At least from my experience. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Been playing purely co-op BG3 with a friend and it's been a great experience. Actually living up to the hype so far. Really feels like a DnD campaign transferred into a vg. Can just spend hours going about exploring, perceiving secrets and relaying that info to each other as you build towards other objectives. I was surprised at how different NPC's have been reacting to my Drow versus EA where I played a Wood Elf so you got some good RP elements. Origin characters are all interesting and one of the best parts. Also wish their stance on mtx was the industry standard. Shaping up well so far.
    I was having fun until I hit a crash that set me back an hour, now I'm not having fun :/
    Companion slots feel really limited, or rather, I just wish I could have everyone's takes every time I encounter something because they're usually hilarious.
    shit BL says

It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    >finger not glued to f5 and pressing it after anything interesting happening
    was asking for it really

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    The most effective way to use magatama is to equip whichever one makes you punch harder with maybe a stop for Sukukaja/Charge/Endure here and there. At least from my experience. :P
    At the very least, that does seem to track with some tier guides I was looking at yesterday which consistently ranked the ones that grant physical skills as higher than magic based ones.

"Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Quote Originally Posted by Aozaki-desu View Post
    >finger not glued to f5 and pressing it after anything interesting happening
    was asking for it really
    F5 is quicksave, quickload is F8
    which I do use but going back and forth to the camp to ferry people is kind of a pain.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless you mean the crash in which case yeah, "an hour" was being hyperbolic I just couldn't be arsed to do the same dungeon delving twice.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Just save it(different companions rather than ferrying them constantly) for another playthrough imo. Part of the charm is things being different and even playing as the Origin character. As soon as Astarion tried to get a taste
    Spoiler:
    He got staked in the heart by my Drow. Maybe in his next life he'll pick a better meal. Pale Elf quest completed early this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Just save it(different companions rather than ferrying them constantly) for another playthrough imo. Part of the charm is things being different and even playing as the Origin character. As soon as Astarion tried to get a taste
    Spoiler:
    He got staked in the heart by my Drow. Maybe in his next life he'll pick a better meal. Pale Elf quest completed early this time.
    Yeah, my Pally was about *this* close to doing the same. He is officially on everyone's shitlist (I kinda feel bad about it but he did try to literally sneak a bite so I feel like that was a pretty openminded response all thinks considered)
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

BG3 really is that good guys. Grab a homie and go nuts.

>grab a homie

no.
    Co-op killed DOS 1 and 2. And it's responsible for the most annoying bits of BG3, too (like the lack of shared inventory).
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

I would like the traveler chests being shared(But it hasn't really been worth thinking about considering generally only junk and camp supplies even go into it). What else has been annoying for you?

Characters staying out of combat initiative because they're too far when combat starts ("too far" being as much as a single jump's worth). No shared skills for dialogue checks (granted this one is kind of a luxury but still). Bunch of little stuff like that.

Also, I'm not talking about the camp chest, I'm talking about having to micromanage everyone's potions and scrolls and such instead of having a shared party inventory and putting things in belt slots from there.
    shit BL says

ladies, he's single

Blog Entries
    Shared inventory would be lame. Sometimes it's cool that someone in the party has some random unexpected item and busts it out all of the sudden. Anyway, the skill checks don't matter. It's more fun to let everyone take turns doing dialogue with NPCs and risking them messing up a check and getting varied outcomes out of it instead of getting perfect results. It's coop, you do it to have messy fun with the squad. I autistically try to get the best outcomes I can in my single player run, but I'm also in a 4 man game that plays almost every single day since release and we just take dumb options, roll into disadvantage, have disjointed combat, and we love it. It's actually awesome, a much more fun game in coop than in single player. You just have to stop worrying about things being "perfect."

The real coop flaw is trading with merchants.

It's really great how batshit off the walls things can end up when you're rolling around with your friends. Goblin(child?) starting shit? The one who initiated(me) is a drow. Fuck the bottom feeders, who are they to talk to their better like that? Take the Lolth option and most aggressive posturing possible. Smart goblin would know their place. But has there ever been a smart goblin? Suddenly engaged in combat. Their funeral.
    More sprout out from the surroundings. 7, still no problem. Goblins are plentiful if nothing else.
    Buddy sneaking around looting. Oh shit, just got caught thieving.
    friend just destroyed a colapsable support.
    Suddenly instead of 7 goblins you have ogre and bugbears added to the mix. 12, 13, 14...
    Shit, the whole camp is out for blood. Now you have the makings of a great adventure lol.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathhappens View Post
    I sincerely doubt any game (that's not an MMO) will ever have 400 hours of actual content, but 180h was my total playtime for
    my first Wrath playthrough even playing every battle turn based and clearing everything I could so I guess it also depends on how fast you actually go through it. How did your playthrough go, anyway, did you die and have to reload a lot or what?
    And I'm a slow completionist who tries to read and do everything I can within my chosen playthrough (on a custom difficulty between Core and Hard).

My playthrough is still ongoing. I took a break after finishing one of the DLCs (Midnight Isles?).

As for Baldur's Gate 3, as with WotR, the 400 estimate was from my perspective as the above. Perhaps not 400 hours all on one playthrough (and especially not mine), but the number is definitely up there. There's so much variety with how much freedom of choice the game gives you and how almost every possible scenario is accounted for in terms of reactivity, that I could easily see it being close to that. For me, anyway.

But it really depends on what you mean by 'actual content'. Which it has a lot of already. And by that I mean a lot.

Blog Entries
    It's crazy that Epic Battle Fantasy 5 still have the most complex turn based combat mechanisms in its genre.
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

Blog Entries
    If you just generate a new world in Minecraft and make the decision "I want to do everything this game has to offer" you clear 400 hours easy bro

Blog Entries
    I avoid single player Minecraft because it gives off tremendous existential dread. The game just isn't meant to be played without a friend or two.

- - - Updated - - -

BL official minecraft server when
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.