Page 229 of 301 FirstFirst ... 129179219224227228229230231234239279 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,580 of 6001

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Compounded interest, I think.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Normal thieves cap their backstab at 5x damage. As a high-level Assassin kit, I should cap at 7x, but two separate mods included weapons that each improve my backstab multiplier by one, so it's nonuple damage. Then crits double damage, yes. An 18x multiplier overall.

I was backstabbing with a 2d3+4 magical dagger, which I'm reasonably sure rolled double threes. I also had Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise (+2 damage), a Luckstone (+3 damage), and a Girdle of Frost Giant Strength (+9 damage from strength, although this should only be multiplied by the crit and not by the backstab; conveniently, this just reduces the multiple of 18 by one).

Looks like I'm missing a miscellaneous point of pre-backstab damage somewhere, but I can at least account for ((15*9)+9)*2.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Sheesh. As for what all that represents... since it is a dagger at the end of the day, I'd say it represents the skill with which you can land a damaging blow. Hit points would represent how well the other person can deflect, etc. So you're so skilled with the dagger that not even a god can stop you from getting through their defenses and hitting their vital point.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    Sheesh. As for what all that represents... since it is a dagger at the end of the day, I'd say it represents the skill with which you can land a damaging blow. Hit points would represent how well the other person can deflect, etc. So you're so skilled with the dagger that not even a god can stop you from getting through their defenses and hitting their vital point.
    I'd imagine it as something like this.

(Ignore the tired "can Shiki kill Servants?" meme. I'm talking about the imagery alone.)

Blog Entries
    Also, as is customary, I found more cut content on my way through the BGII files. Literally happens every time I poke my head in.

Journal entries:
    Vakola attempts to take revenge on Keldorn.
    We met up with an old acquaintance of Keldorn's...a man by the name of Vakola, who holds Keldorn responsible for some manner of 'betrayal' which Keldorn denies.

We encountered Keldorn's old 'friend', Vakola, again in the Sea's Bounty. This time, it became apparent that Keldorn and Vakola were once team-members in the Order, and that Keldorn turned him in for accepting bribes. The man's bitterness brought him and his friends to attack Keldorn and I... and now he is dead.

Vakola's a thirteenth level Cleric with 18 WIS and a surprisingly good spell selection, though no items.

He has seven different lackeys assigned to him (which might make him the biggest "party" battle in BGII were he included?):
    Thug, a sixteenth level fighter with 18 in all physical stats and full plate, a long bow, and a long sword;
    Mage, a twelfth level Necromancer with some generic mage spells assigned but no necromancy ones except the traditional anti-summoning Death Spell;
    Archer, a twelfth level fighter with a heavy crossbow and a random selection of Druid and Cleric spells (?);
    Thief, a thirteenth level melee thief;
    Goon, a ninth level sword-and-shield Paladin with the same random priestly spell selection as Archer;
    Mage, an unkitted tenth level mage with just a lower level version of the previous Mage's spell selection;
    Thug, a twelfth level ranged Thief with a light crossbow.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Blog Entries
    so battlefront 2... despite everything i'm having fun - and thank goodness i'm decent enough at the game to the point that the grind and getting star cards doesn't effect how well i do

the campaign being as short as it was is a disappointment, but come dec 13 the 1st season dlc comes out so yay free content...

死徒(上級)Greater Dead Apostle
    I've been playing a lot of Dragon's Dogma. It has a lot of flaws but I've already completed the game three times and have no intention of stopping yet so it's doing something right. Ripping out thirty hearts out of an undead dragon never gets old.

Also been playing some Nioh also on pc. I haven't been having many issues with the port and the gameplay is something I've been enjoying quite a bit more than Dark Souls 3.

And about Dark Souls 3, just in the starting area and I already know that this is the souls game I'm going to enjoy the least. I'm already tired of the endless shades of grey.

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange View Post
    I'm already tired of the endless shades of grey.
    Get used to it. It's 95% of the game.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

マリーの味方
    Spoiler:

Was going for 2 of Karen/Aoba/Yuno, but I'll take it

Blog Entries
    Same question as Kirby but for the Nintendo Switch

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again and a Mario game or two are a given. But I don't know that three to four games justify an entire console purchase.

As for what I've been playing -- more Muramasa: Rebirth and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir on the Vita. I love the many-protagonists style of those narratives and games like the SaGa series. I wish it was more common.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Isn't Pokken on the Switch? That was a pretty solid game from what little I've played of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    I'll keep it in mind, but Pokken isn't really my bag.

I used to be all about the Guilty Gear franchise, but XX all the way back in the early 2000s was the last fighter I cared about.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    Same question as Kirby but for the Nintendo Switch

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again and a Mario game or two are a given. But I don't know that three to four games justify an entire console purchase.

As for what I've been playing -- more Muramasa: Rebirth and Odin Sphere Leifthrasir on the Vita. I love the many-protagonists style of those narratives and games like the SaGa series. I wish it was more common.
    metroid prime 4 is coming
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Bayonetta 3, and the ports?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there aren't enough gun emojis in the thousandfold trichiliocosm for this shit

Linger: Complete. August, 1995. I met him. A branch off Part 3. Mikiya keeps his promise to meet Azaka, and meets again with that mysterious girl he once found in the rain.
    Shinkai: Set in the Edo period. DHO-centric. As mysterious figures gather in the city, a young woman unearths the dark secrets of the Asakami family.
    The Dollkeeper: A Fate side-story. The memoirs of the last tuner of the Einzberns. A record of the end of a family.
    Overcount 2030: Extra x Notes. A girl with no memories is found by a nameless soldier, and wakes up to a world of war.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    oh yeah, i should get those. I heard they're fun
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Started playing Tokyo Xanadu. Feels like #FE with less idols.

Also that feel when you die to the prologue boss like twenty times because you can't figure out the gimmick, and the Player Character says "So weak" after it's finally dead. (The gimmick was dodging into the attacks, rather than around them)
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

マリーの味方
    Finally finished AC: Origins.

It was alright. The combat was much better than previous games, but I disliked the leveling system. Being forced to do side-quests to level up so I can continue the main quest was annoying. Especially considering there were so many goddamn side quests and only a few were even worthwhile.

The story was not very good. I loved the idea, and the characters were pretty great. But the execution was fucking abysmal. Terrible pacing alongside some really bad in-game cutscenes and a few terrible dialogues (mostly the ending because lol at the chuuni assassin speeches) did not make for a good narrative. Honestly I'm kind of confused in regards to the cutscenes. I don't remember Ezio's trilogy or 3 too much, but I don't recall the cutscenes being this goddamn bad. There was something about how the characters moved during them that made it very hard to take seriously. It was very mechanical.

Mahou Shoujo Fushigi Tantei Obvious Sunara's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    hmm.... I still need to finish 1 but I am looking forward to those.

Finally getting around to playing Deadpool & Akibastrip.
    I really should stop procrastinating the Typemoon games... -.-; I am a failure of a Typemoon fan.

#OwO#

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Finally finished AC: Origins.

It was alright. The combat was much better than previous games, but I disliked the leveling system. Being forced to do side-quests to level up so I can continue the main quest was annoying. Especially considering there were so many goddamn side quests and only a few were even worthwhile.

The story was not very good. I loved the idea, and the characters were pretty great. But the execution was fucking abysmal. Terrible pacing alongside some really bad in-game cutscenes and a few terrible dialogues (mostly the ending because lol at the chuuni assassin speeches) did not make for a good narrative. Honestly I'm kind of confused in regards to the cutscenes. I don't remember Ezio's trilogy or 3 too much, but I don't recall the cutscenes being this goddamn bad. There was something about how the characters moved during them that made it very hard to take seriously. It was very mechanical.
    The combat is really fun, but I'll admit to missing the "artistic" (if very easy) combat of earlier games, and wish there could be something of a balance between the two. The side-quests were mostly pretty great though, I liked how there were millions of them and they all told decent little stories of their own. That's where AC:O shines, and it gives me the strong impression that the main story was written by an entirely separate team from those that wrote the side quests.

I can't agree enough on the main story, though, oh my God. It starts somewhat promising, but it falls off that cliff with all the speed it can muster. The characters are thinly developed, are barely even at least interesting like Black Flag (the last AC game I played all the way through) and it seems to go by in a flash. You jump from one scene to the next with little in-between, your actual motivation for continuing becomes extremely vague by the end, and everything in general comes apart like a loose ball of yarn rolled downstairs. The dialogue is absolutely where it hits a true nadir in quality though: the voice-acting is perfectly okay, I had no problem with that at all, but the writing is so awful I could barely believe it. The "banter" in story boss fights is so painfully amateurish that it put anything in Mass Effect Andromeda to shame. The fight at 34:00 in this video (incredibly minor spoilers) gives a good example:

Nonetheless, it's a fun game to play, and also it's absolutely gorgeous, the landscapes and towns and cities are beautifully rendered. It's well worth it to just ride around and enjoy the scenery instead of doing quests or fights.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    wow that is painful
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3