Page 247 of 301 FirstFirst ... 147197237242245246247248249252257297 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,940 of 6001

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

Blog Entries
    Bloodborne!

Martyr Logarius is kicking my ass. The hesitation between his windup and his attacks in the second phase are the bane of my existence. I know he pauses between the two animations, but my muscle memory just keeps encouraging me to dodge in such a way that I dodge right into his follow-through. I got him down to 10% health last night. I know I can beat him. I'm just making him harder than he has to be.

At any rate, though, I took a break from Cainhurst and went through Yahar Gul and just beat The One Reborn. That's supposed to be a boss? Ha.

I'm rolling with a Strength-focused build, smashing and slashing my way through the game with Ludwig's Holy Blade and the Hunter's Axe. I was using the Axe and Rifle Spear in the early going, but LHB trivializes this game. It's so good it borders on unbalanced. I'm looking forward to all of the DLC toys, but they have a high bar to clear with how good LHB has been and continues to be.

Once I clear the game, I'm thinking of going back through with one of the more specialized builds like Arcane or Chikage/Evelyn/Bloodtinge.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Started Yakuza Zero to kill some time. Sure I'll invest in myself Homeless Speedwagon, just as soon as I blow 100,000 on these UFO catchers.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    I can now add Bloodborne to my SoulsBorneKiro completionist checklist. That makes Dark Souls III + both DLC, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, and Bloodborne + DLC.

Honorable mention for most difficult boss encounters: Logarius, Ebrietas, Orphan of Kos

Overall hardest: Laurence the First Vicar. What a flaming turd.

Favorite weapons: Ludwig's Holy Blade, Burial Blade, Hunter's Axe, and Reiterpallasch

Fantastic game and easily my favorite of the bunch so far. I enjoyed Sekiro, sure, but I will forever wish it had been Bloodborne 2. Trick weapons are just so much fun as a concept, and I dig the werewolf apocalypse/cosmic horror aesthetic and tone. In fact, I would put it in my personal top ten. I know for a fact I will come back to this one day and tackle one of those more specialized Bloodtinge or Arcane builds, but now I am on to Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin. Wish me luck.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Blog Entries
    So i finished FE:F Revelations couple days ago
    was a cakewalk after Conquest bullshit
    i might return to take revenge on conquest endgame one day
    revelations gameplay kind of sucked desu

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Had a spiritual 3 days off in a row (Tuesday afternoon through Friday afternoon) so I took the opportunity to hit my Steam backlog, and finally dove into The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky -FC- (First Chapter)

It's a classic JRPG through and through, not too difficult, (at least the first time through) the combat was engaging for the most part, started to fall off toward the end when your entire party become gods. The Magic system was tricky to get the hang of, but eventually I got used to it and had a lot of fun with it. I liked the customizability that the different Orbments and Quartz combinations would allow, though admittedly I fell into focusing on Time and Wind builds because more Speed and access to White Gehenna and Aerial/Aero Storm is such a powerful couple of AoE spells that you can wipe the floor with almost anything.

The twist in the epilogue though, damn. I've a JRPG veteran so I knew something was coming along though lines, but it still got its hooks completely into me. I've immediately bought the second game -SC- and look forward to continuing the fun.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kratosirving View Post
    Had a spiritual 3 days off in a row (Tuesday afternoon through Friday afternoon) so I took the opportunity to hit my Steam backlog, and finally dove into The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky -FC- (First Chapter)

It's a classic JRPG through and through, not too difficult, (at least the first time through) the combat was engaging for the most part, started to fall off toward the end when your entire party become gods. The Magic system was tricky to get the hang of, but eventually I got used to it and had a lot of fun with it. I liked the customizability that the different Orbments and Quartz combinations would allow, though admittedly I fell into focusing on Time and Wind builds because more Speed and access to White Gehenna and Aerial/Aero Storm is such a powerful couple of AoE spells that you can wipe the floor with almost anything.

The twist in the epilogue though, damn. I've a JRPG veteran so I knew something was coming along though lines, but it still got its hooks completely into me. I've immediately bought the second game -SC- and look forward to continuing the fun.
    That's quite a coincidence, after having finished FC for a while I finally started my SC playthrough just yesterday. Great game, amazing amount of worldbuilding with all those sideplots here and there that advance with you every step of the way. Almost certainly needs a guide, though, I refused to read one for the first half of the first game and missed out all the secret stuff despite my ingrained habit of constant backtracking.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Former Fortissimo Fan TLer Kratosirving's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I took a quick peek to see if/how many "points of no return" there would be in the game, and after seeing how many there were (and learning there was a transfer bonus for SC) I went ahead and used a guide for all of the BP. Damn there are some tricky hidden quests though. XD

Characters and world building was great in the first game; subtle enough differences between the citizenry of each region to show how different they are from one another, but not drastically so since they're all part of one country. Estelle started out eh, but she's grown on me.
    Joshua is a walking spoiler, so I'll avoid talking about him.
    Schera is a bit of an odd bag; mixing seductress, sadist, and super drunk altogether is intriguing. Didn't get nearly enough time with her in the first game, hoping to remedy that here in the second since I went with her.
    Olivier is amazing, best character or at least the one that stands out the most and will likely be the one I'll remember the most about.
    It's a bit hard to talk about Kloe as well considering more spoilery things, but she's probably my second favorite character.
    Tita is too cute, must protect. Also like that she gets AoE on her basic weapon attacks, but Arts became the way to go for sure so she fell off quick for me. Agate and Zin fall into that category as well.
    Didn't really like Agate much, felt too angsty, and his weapon of choice brings to mind images of another more famous character from another series that wields a massive 2h sword.
    Zin came in way too late to get much from him, but from what I've seen so far in SC he's getting built up as well so that makes me happy.

Supporting cast from the Guild representatives in each region, to those in the army, the Capua Family, (some) of the villians, have all been fun.

All in all, I've glad I finally got into my backlog and found this gem, and am looking forward to finishing SC and jumping into The 3rd afterward.
    Fortissimo EXA//Akkord:Bsusvier Video Walkthrough: COMPLETE (thread here)

Kadenz Fermata//Akkord:Fortissimo Playlists
    Kisekitsukai (Seventh Chord) Playlist
    Mahoutsukai (Magi) Playlist)
    Final Arc Playlist

FGO Support Card (As of April 2023)
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Elf View Post
    I've always done and said what I feel and I don't let the opinions of others guide my actions. I've always marched to the beat of my own drummer and I will always march to the beat of my own drummer.

Horseman War of Apocalypse Wandering Swordwoman's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Any recommendation for 3DS JRPG games? The games that I know are Kingdom Hearts, Monster Hunter, Shin Megami Tensei, Tales of Abyss, Bravely Default, Fire emblem and Pokemon. Other than that?
    Last edited by Wandering Swordwoman; June 26th, 2019 at 11:03 PM.
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I hear Xenoblade is good, though I haven't gotten around to it myself.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    Oh..... I heard a lot about it too. What else?
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

Blog Entries
    Just started playing judgement. It’s basically yakuza with a new cast, or at least that’s what the first hour is like. Part of me feels like they should have been a little bit more willing to get inventive with the formula, on the other hand, you don’t fix what isn’t broke
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

US Friend Code
    -
    Blog Entries
    The Alliance Alive is very enjoyable. But I don't really like to switch my characters position, increasing their stats one by one by rotating their position

Pretty strange RPG without level and exp system
    Spoiler:

Wandering on internet

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So I got to what seems to be the final area of Bloodstained and had the first case of the framerate shitting the bed horribly, right in the middle of a bossight. Fighting the Gambler, Valefor I think, sitting on the roof and he does his chip crash attack and all of a sudden the lightning attacks I'm using drops to a single bolt at a time. I'd heard stories about how bad the Switch version preforms, but other than a bit of lag going into a menu right after loading from a savepoint, I've never encounter any problems. Then this mess shows up. It like getting 9 km into a 10 km marathon and tripping over your feet.

Blog Entries
    Three Kingdoms is fun. Fresh. But I just wish it were slower.

Currently uninstalled it to make room for a Rome 2 "hardcore playthrough" with the DeI mod and its more "realistic" submod Data Venia--each year is 20 turns, and it's slow going. Only on turn 31 of that. Trying to conquer Britannia as the Demetae, which represents ancient Wales because they couldn't fit every subculture on the map as its own faction. Thrones of Britannia is the game you'd want for that.

I like Total War when it's slower. Losing an army you build for 10 turns in a massive battle that leaves you vulnerable while there's a fire in your capital town that's wrecking your economy isn't as fun if it's fast paced.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    Finally I can play games with my new PC, so I started with Sleeping Dogs that I bought month ago because it was on sale for 2 bucks, so almost for free.

Beating up gangsters as an undercover cop is quite fun, the story seems interesting so far with Wei (protag) noticeably starting to be attached to his new "friends". Curious how will it end. I think I'm around halfway of the story rn.
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Quote Originally Posted by GundamFSN View Post
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    Well, fine. Nikiri has this thing called 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikiri View Post
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

Just before rolling I said 「我が往くは爆乳の彼方・・・!」

First ticket. Da Vinci-chan NP2.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Ever since discovering that "Yu-Gi-Oh: Duel Links" was on Steam, I've put a disgusting number of hours into it, rediscovering my inner kid as I beat people in a children's trading card game.

Just to add to my obsessions, I use a "Knight of the Round Table" as my main as well.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

love warrior <3 world-0 the god of world-0's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Ever since discovering that "Yu-Gi-Oh: Duel Links" was on Steam, I've put a disgusting number of hours into it, rediscovering my inner kid as I beat people in a children's trading card game.

Just to add to my obsessions, I use a "Knight of the Round Table" as my main as well.
    Ah, I see you are a person of culture as well.

here is a list of my servant sheets(new and improved format for my servant sheets)

Come explore the White Library, and reach the bottom of this Abyss
    Fate / White Memoria

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Finally I can play games with my new PC, so I started with Sleeping Dogs that I bought month ago because it was on sale for 2 bucks, so almost for free.

Beating up gangsters as an undercover cop is quite fun, the story seems interesting so far with Wei (protag) noticeably starting to be attached to his new "friends". Curious how will it end. I think I'm around halfway of the story rn.
    Try the karaoke. Immediately.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    It's not like I can skip it, even if I wanted to, there are at least 2 missions involving karaoke
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    Nikiri has what I dub Blessings of the Boobs, see. As long as what his rolling for has two conspicuous mountains, they'll come to him one way or another.
    GundamFSN. Thank you.

JP Friend Code
    500595933 | 紅 (pm)
    Main plot done, zombie Jiang Shi one done, New Years done

This game is solid, but couldn't avoid the curse of being repetitive, most side missions were pretty similar to each other.

and this
    On Buddha's Land
    song
    is very catchy, love it

Now I will try out Fallout New Vegas
    Chaldea Heroes

Personal skill
    GundamFSN. Thank you.