Page 223 of 301 FirstFirst ... 123173213218221222223224225228233273 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,460 of 6001

Thread: So I've been playing this recently...

100%'d Samus Returns on Normal

great game, will try doing sub 4 hours for the best ending at some point, probably after someone puts out a speedrun map so I don't have to bother with finding an optimal order myself.
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    So, I'm at the endgame of Tales of Berseria and everything is falling apart. The sidequests are all fun and all but the constant backtracking without a fats travel system is annoying as hell. And the subtitles on the skits for those quests is rife with spelling and grammar errors. It's like the TL team got 90% through the game, finished the main story, and just went 'meh' at the end. It's just so sad since it was such a high quality translation/dub up until the prelude to the last dungeon. Like watching a cool train go off the rails, but not in a cool explosion kind of way.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

When the clock strikes midnight... Means it's a new day Jeanne. Strange_One's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    485,902,641/Vincent
    Blog Entries

sushi-desu
    BEHOLD! THE SIG OF GOLDEN TRUTH! Pillaged from McJon, Tsukikan et al.

Blog Entries
    Dangan V3 reference game on point
    Spoiler:

Blog Entries
    I played the first hour of Final Fantasy XV on my brother's PS4. Bored me to tears. Doubt I will touch it again.

He made a strong case for Horizon Zero Dawn, though.
    Spoiler:
    Originally Posted by You
    when all the evils have given up their waifus, all the greats have left for med school, and there are no more at least 3 day battles to be fought what is left is

not Tsukihime 2
    not DDD3
    not even Girl's Work

but f/go

and now f/go english

that is what is waiting for you at the end of schadenfreude

Blog Entries
    FF XV is the most soulless and disappointingly unfinished game I can recall in recent memory tbh

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    It's not souless, but MGS 5 was really disappointingly unfinished.

Banned
    FFXV has received fairly substantial updates both in general patching and in the DLCs.

Not that I've touched any of it mind you, but it is there.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    It's not souless, but MGS 5 was really disappointingly unfinished.
    I still feel the pain, even now... of Hayters we lost, endings we lost...
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bad View Post
    FFXV has received fairly substantial updates both in general patching and in the DLCs.

Not that I've touched any of it mind you, but it is there.
    And yet amazingly, it still feels half finished, if that

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eddyak View Post
    WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    are you? Who who, who who?
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    I still feel the pain, even now... of Hayters we lost, endings we lost...
    so you can feel it, too.... it just won't stop hurting...

マリーの味方
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    And yet amazingly, it still feels half finished, if that
    have you even played it since these updates

Blog Entries
    yes

マリーの味方
    sure you did

Blog Entries
    uta 3 was fucking amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Finished Tales of Berseria. Really enjoyed the game, but all the translation errors in the late game sidequests really brought me out of the game. I'd say 8/10 overall. I wish this was the game that got the anime, rather than the slog that Zestria was. Now to tackle the post game dungeon.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Eh, I think I'm done with "Dynasty Warriors: Gundam Reborn".

I wanted to platinum it before "Gundam Versus" comes out at the weekend, but seeing as I've put 60+ hours into it and am still only at 48% completion...I can't see that happening. Plus I've already completed the Story Mode and all Campaign Modes so I'm pretty satisfied.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

I told 'em, I told 'em. Bugrit! eddyak's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    US Friend Code
    Been playing Ghost Recon with a couple of friends.

I think this is legitimately the last time I touch a Ubisoft open world game. There should be a lot to like about the game- the gunplay is good, you get a good number of tactical advantages, the areas can look amazing, and you're gunning down hundreds of random baddies. But it's just touched so much by the typical ubisoft garbage. Everything good about it is overshadowed by at least one shitty thing.

Open world? Sure. Just add TRILLIONS UPON TRILLIONS of collectibles, most of which you'll never look twice at once you've picked them up. Tons of background information, videos and so on, only there's literally no point to any of it. It doesn't give you any sort of advantage, doesn't make you think differently of any of the characters, it's just... extra glowies on your radar you'll feel compelled to pick up. Not to mention the minimap is ABSOLUTE FUCKING GARBAGE. The items' locations, in this kind of game, where there are literally hundreds if not thouands of things to pick up, should be exact. You should be able to glance at the map and go "Oh, right, it's on the west side of that building, just by the corner." Nope. It isn't. In fact, it's inside the building. The minimap's lied to you. Not only that, it's upstairs, in an entirely different corner of the building. And the moment you look down at the map, having changed your orientation, the pickup has changed location. I'm pretty sure it's because the icons are connected to the map at their bases, not their centers, but it isn't bloody consistent, I can't bloody tell!

The landscape. Beautiful, up until it's time to interact with it. Wanna climb that mountain? Tough. If it's head height or over, you'll have to walk around it. Apparently Special Ops guys can't climb, or use grapples, or rope, or anything that lets you traverse vertical surfaces, apparently including stairs. The landscape itself? Littered with crap. If you wanna take a shortcut through this field here to get to your destination more quickly, you're gonna risk overturning your bloody car because apparently every single surface is hills. Including the plains. And the hills. Also, every ten steps you'll find yet another patrol of somebody or another.

The gunplay? The entire game is played in third person, with apparently no way to switch back to first person. Except when you aim down sights. Then it switches to first person, for some reason. You also apparently can't change that. Firing a weapon in third person takes a while- this would be understandable, given that you're running around with your weapon pointed at the ground, you've gotta raise the weapon, right? Only this happens even if you let go of the trigger for a moment, thinking they're dead, realise they aren't, and want to put an extra few rounds in them, it still happens then! That second or two is an absolute killer, in a game all about precision and stealth.

The rebels you're fighting for will start to jump into battle alongside you once you've helped them enough and they have enough of a foothold to have regular patrols going. They'll join in the fight, which is great, unless you're going in stealthy. Or there are police around, since the police have alert levels much like the Wanted stars in GTA. Trust me, the sound of AK47s going off at the gates of the place you've painstakingly managed to infiltrate will only fuck your day up.

Even the main draw of the game, fighting enemies, is irritating as fuck sometimes. If you've been detected, they know where you are. Even if you break line of sight, circle around a bloody mountain, and come back around behind them, they're still facing you. As long as the red alert thing is going off, they have your location down to a tee, and will accurately snipe the fuck out of you at three hundred meters dual wielding SMGs. Helicopters are ten a penny. Everybody has a fucking heli. You can't go five hundred meters without finding one. If you set off an alarm you'll have a helicopter on you. And then another, twelve seconds later. And so far there's no anti-heli weaponry whatsoever. I've taken down more helis with my backpack drone than I have with weapons. The moment you kill a heli, however, there's another one on you ten seconds later. There's no end to it.

There's probably more, but I really can't be arsed to go on any more about it.

I'm gonna move on to Hollow Knight. I dropped it a while ago, but maybe I can get up the enthusiasm to play it again, it's on a lot of people's GOTY lists apparently, and I think I need an experience like that after the steamy turd that is Ghost Recon.
    FGO Supports
    NA
    JP