Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Yuuki Yuuna

Asspull was pretty much guaranteed for a happy ending this late.

A bittersweet or sad ending could've been great but that seems to not be an option here for some reason.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    It's a shame.

I guess the VN spin off will be like the Madoka PSP game?

Okay, Deus Ex Machina ending... or so it seems. I don't mind a happy ending from time to time, but this one did seem a bit weird.

However, after rewatching a few things... I think there's still more going on behind the scenes that we're not seeing. Especially since the show has loved to do that since the start...

The girls recovering... they got removed from the hero system, lost their faeries, meh, okay I guess. They all got covered with petals at the end of the fight... Except for Yuuna.

Tougou reading about the hero continuing to fight... Yuuna 'fainting' during the play...

I think she's still fighting.

(Doesn't explain why she seemed to recover, but there's definitely something happening still...)
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't think I'm eloquent enough to put into words how out of left field that ending was. Might not have been as bad if there had been something like that Vertex being moved by their determination or something but yeah, this is certainly not AotS material anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TrienDarkform View Post
    Okay, Deus Ex Machina ending... or so it seems. I don't mind a happy ending from time to time, but this one did seem a bit weird.

However, after rewatching a few things... I think there's still more going on behind the scenes that we're not seeing. Especially since the show has loved to do that since the start...

The girls recovering... they got removed from the hero system, lost their faeries, meh, okay I guess. They all got covered with petals at the end of the fight... Except for Yuuna.

Tougou reading about the hero continuing to fight... Yuuna 'fainting' during the play...

I think she's still fighting.

(Doesn't explain why she seemed to recover, but there's definitely something happening still...)
    That was certainly a possibility that crossed my mind, but how does that explain Nogi suddenly healing up?

My guess is she got removed from the hero system as well, but who knows other than the writers...
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    That aside, time for Twintails.

oh well, the ending was close to what i expected it to be,it just didnt stick through it to the end

Gyukki eating everyone else`s fairy`s (like he loves to do) and Yuna taking on all their disabilities.

but i guess all i have now is that a plant will still bloom again even if its flowers wilt...

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    remember when I said this was a Mai-HiME clone?

WEll, I WAS RIGHT, MOTHERFUCKERS. even the ending was like Mai-HiME. so, I was kinda expecting it
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

A revised TVCM for the upcoming Memory of the Forest game has been posted - with a certain addition near the very end:

guys, turns out takahiro wasnt the one who actually did this episode.

so yeah...

some of my fanfics:
    Refractions (madoka magica) - No matter how one would attempt to keep things the same as they used to be, the bending of a "law" would inevitable cause changes in the direction of their world, and that in turn would refract back to the their very lives, in ways that she never expected.
    Reversed Connections (BRS) - reworked the structure and a mix of anime/OVA, has the Otherworld selves replace their human counterpart in the real world instead of the normals taking control of the Otherworld characters.

Since I heard this was suffering, I started watching YuYuYu today.

Went in expecting suffering, got nice healing for half of the show although I was hoping something dark would fucking happen already. Then the suffering came and the tears and I realized just how precious those healing days were. Fuck, should not have decided to marathon this. Then came the epic fight scene with the new girl going Super Saiyan for like 5 times in a row and became a cripple, that cemented her to best girl status even though I cannot for the life of me recall her or half of these girls' names. And then the sudden healing ending. I don't know what to feel about it, but it was healing so almost everything is fine. Just that there wasn't enough yuri undertones going around. Either way, HERO/10. S2 when?

Spoiler:
    So the Taisha just lets them go like that? And in the end what the fuck was Shinju-sama? It felt like we were supposed to know the details of what happened back when Vertexes came and the Shinju-sama created the tree or some shit.
    Spoiler:

Mmyeah, the sheer lack of explanations and the Yuna sequelbait makes me feel this isn't where the story'll end.

In any case, predictable copout was predictable, but it was a fun series regardless for what little expectations I had for it. Would've perfect if it had ended on a cripple-tastic note, but oh well.
    Last edited by Leftovers; December 26th, 2014 at 11:53 AM.

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amado View Post
    guys, turns out takahiro wasnt the one who actually did this episode.

so yeah...
    so it was Kishi's doing? that explains a lot. like the Yuri subtext being so strong (he must like gay characters because NicexArt subtext was strong in Hamatora, and the same I could say of the gay love triangle going on with Hibiki, Yamato and Al in DeSu2 Anime) and the asspull-ish everithing is fine ending (it also happened in Hamatora S2 and DeSu2 Anime)
    also , Tougo being easily forgiven (same happened with Art in Hamatora S2)
    Last edited by bassgs435; December 26th, 2014 at 03:05 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Well, if really only Yuna stayed a hero... It certainly makes for a nice title hook.

http://moviecode.tumblr.com/post/101...pisode-one-the

Every now and then I get bored and start flipping through the entries there...

More info and screenshots have been posted for Memory of the Forest. (It looks like third Washio Sumi character, Minowa Gin, is to be voiced in the game by Yumiri Hanamori.)
    Last edited by Nerroth; January 5th, 2015 at 09:16 AM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Reddit translation of show creators' interview: http://www.reddit.com/r/anime/commen...ezu_makoto_on/

With moon runes: http://imgur.com/a/VFCj8

So ending was planned from beginning and rationale that if they were not saved, the story would be meaningless.

Eh.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    So ending was planned from beginning and rationale that if they were not saved, the story would be meaningless.
    The funny thing is that with this ending the whole story was meaningless lol

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    My opinion as well.

That Christmas tag needs to go, 'tis a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    My opinion as well.

That Christmas tag needs to go, 'tis a lie.
    On one hand I am happy the girls got their happy ending but on the other it made the show overall less interesting to me....