Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Yuuki Yuuna

Yuuki Yuuna

anyone else watching this cute SoL?

I recommend all of you to watch it and catch up before the finale comes. id say this is the anime of the season right now.

best slice of life ive seen in a while.

some of my fanfics:
    Refractions (madoka magica) - No matter how one would attempt to keep things the same as they used to be, the bending of a "law" would inevitable cause changes in the direction of their world, and that in turn would refract back to the their very lives, in ways that she never expected.
    Reversed Connections (BRS) - reworked the structure and a mix of anime/OVA, has the Otherworld selves replace their human counterpart in the real world instead of the normals taking control of the Otherworld characters.

Kinda weird to focus on the SoL at this point, eh?

Blog Entries
    hurr durr Madoka Magica homage. It's pretty good actually
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    You can't trick us, we've all been talking about it in the generic thread for the season.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    You can't trick us, we've all been talking about it in the generic thread for the season.
    I'd honestly be surprised if anyone who watched it that had watched Madoka before were surprised. The fact there was going to be a twist etc was so heavily foreshadowed.
    dumb people always have shit opinions about eva, its like some kind of more reliable iq test
    [20:47:33] I3uster: in 2015 a crack memer was sent to skype prison by a court of his Peers for a crime he didnt commit. he promptly escaped from his Maximum security Forum into the twitter Underground. Today, still wanted by the skype Group he survives as memer of fortune. If you Need a shitpost, if nobody else can fuck up a thread, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire: June.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    This is that Madoka clone anime, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Yes, excellent. Go, Lyco, my proxy.
    F/GO SUPPORT

Wouldn't call it a clone, inasmuch as it is a 'mahou shoujo with consequences they don't know about' type of setup. At least, I found the overall premise to be quite different, both in concept and execution.

With the reveal about the state of the world and how it's barely hanging on... I'm quite curious about how things are going to be resolved.
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

Everything is not Daijoubu

Karin...( TДT)
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

Has anyone been reading the Washio Sumi prequel material, or keeping an eye out for the FuRyu Vita game?

Just snagged all the english translations today, but haven't had time to read through it yet. Got lots of time to read (and not much else) in the next few days though...
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

Harbringer of Beguiling Light bassgs435's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
    This is that Madoka clone anime, right?
    Madoka was a Mai-HiME clone
    also, in Madoka the world was fine (sure , there were witches, but it wasn't a big deal in the big picture)
    in Yuuki Yuuna, the world except for a few areas protected by the Shinju was destroyed and is on fire
    Last edited by bassgs435; December 21st, 2014 at 12:42 PM.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

DINO GETTER,FUCK YESS
    Spoiler:

Haha, that's right, Shinju's there to stay.

EVERYTHING IS DAIJOUBU
    Code:
    [07:55:59] <Spinach> Take off your clothes Kirby
    [07:56:07] <Kirby> I'm in class

[20:37:34] <Lian|phone> there is a such thing as lingerie for guys?
    [20:37:54] <Kyokushi> yea
    [20:37:57] <Kyokushi> they're called jockstraps
    [20:38:02] <Lian|phone> :o
    [20:38:07] * Lian|phone googles
    [20:38:10] <Kyokushi> NO
    [20:38:11] <Kyokushi> DON'T
    [20:40:07] <Lian|phone> okay
    [20:40:16] <Lian|phone> I don't think I should have googled that

[12:59:30]  <Spinach> call me onii-chan, bitch
    [13:00:12]  <kroyo> imma fuck ur shit up onii-fam

マリーの味方
    Talk about disappointing. The first half was rushed as fuck, then the second half was just about the power of asspull saving all the girls.

And I really dislike how Togo suffered zero consequences for her actions. She nearly killed everyone for a stupid reason, and as a result good things end up happening to everyone. What the hell? This is taking "Homura did nothing/everything wrong" to a whole new level. Togo literally did everything wrong and was rewarded for it.

The series as a whole was pretty enjoyable and had some really good moments (like Fuu's reaction to her sister never getting her voice back) but that ending was just dreadful.
    Last edited by Sesto; December 25th, 2014 at 07:43 PM.

Blog Entries
    Wow, this episode sucked major ass, it is like one of the worst endings to an otherwise pretty decent show I have seen.

First of all, it takes Yuna going "don't worry about all this stuff, your dumb for worrying, I'll still be your friend" for Togo to go "Okay yeah the plan to end the world so as not to have all my friends suffer as cripples was a bad idea, let me just stop this and in doing so ensure a situation where all my friends are now cripples, because they had to cripple themselves to stop this plan in the first place." Brilliant.

Then the entire sun vertex was just kind of silly and in the end the plot point that they will remain crippled amounts to exactly nothing and everything is all okay, woo hoo now we can spend 6 minutes ambigiously dancing around the question whether Yuna will also recover, I dunno guys, I think she just might!

Y'know I wasn't expecting some huge downer ending, I knew some deus ex machina crap was going to come, but this is just pointless, nothing really got accomplished in the entire series now, they didn't even try to explain how the hell they recovered, except for well you don't have faeries anymore. So all I have to guess is that Shinju is some dick and keeps the magical girls hurt for no real good reason.

I mean, I can start taking guesses about how they killed like enough vertexes to really make a difference and were rewarded or that the hero system doesn't need to be so extreme anymore, but there really is nothing all that substantial to suggest that. Instead it's just friendship and the will of a hero triumphs over everything and all our problems magically go away.

Biggest disappointment ending wise this entire year.

In general the series was a solid homage to madoka magica, not really surpassing it, but it wasn't bad, but this ending, lol.
    Last edited by Nihilm; December 25th, 2014 at 07:49 PM.

20.06.2014 Never forget

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
    But people make bad decisions all the time.
    This was really a situation where starting her plan should like have been a point of no return, unless all of her values suddenly get turned on their head and she doesn't value her friends above all else(that doesn't happen).

20.06.2014 Never forget

Pretty satisfied, I wish Yuuna stayed a log though.

Feels like the reason why things are alright might have to do with that shot of the tree glowing with vertex dust, but I can live with no explanations.

死徒二十七祖 The Twenty Seven Dead Apostle Ancestors
    Terrible ending, 3/10 series.

Blog Entries
    It's amazing how Yuna fixed negative character development by punching it out of Toko.

20.06.2014 Never forget

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I don't get why they ended it this way.

The girls getting happiness is nice but it hurts the story the way they did it.

Wouldn't Togo's memories come back too, so why didn't they show that? Or at least going back to check on KanaHana friend?

Now it all feels meaningless.