Thread: Epiren's Writing Spot

Blog Entries

Epiren's Writing Spot

Greetings, and salutations to you all.

While I am not a particularly good writer, I do like writing. So I made this thread as a commitment to keep at it, posting whatever snippets that come to mind.

I am open to all manner of criticism and critique, as I do have a desire to improve my writing. So come at me.

I fail at maintaining a schedule, though I intend to write at least once a week. Hopefully more, though I do not have my hopes up. Gaming and studying do make up the focus of my current lifestyle after all. But please note that there will be a distinct lack of quality in this thread.

If what has been written does not deter you, then happy reading~

-Signing out, Epiren.

- - - Updated - - -

First Snippet:

He was his father’s eldest child, his first son, and his heir to the estates and wealth. As early as he could remember, he had been trained in that regard.

Intelligent.

Charismatic.

Dignified.

His tutors came and went, only staying long enough to introduce him to new knowledge before departing. The servants were silent, an unfriendly company that efficiently, robotically performed their duties.

His father was frequently away at work. Their time together was generally limited to the dinner parties his father would be invited to, and the occasional evenings when his father was free.

His mother... was no longer there.

His sister was the only company he was able to keep.

She was a year younger than him, and with her long black hair and large blue eyes, she looked like one the dolls she owned. The two were together for most of the time, their being apart only when it was time for lessons.

But in their mansion, there were two other girls that were around their age. They were twins, and looked very much the same. Their hair was a very unusual color, and their only physical difference was their eye color. One had green, the other had amber.

However, that was where their similarities ended. They acted so differently, that he had trouble reminding himself that they were twins. The older twin was emotionless and boring to be around. The younger twin though was very energetic and fun to be with, and she often tried to invite him to play with her.

But he couldn’t. She was a serving girl, and he was told not to interact with the servants.

Even though he thought it would be interesting otherwise.

His sister was the only company he was allowed to keep.

And then, his father had brought home a boy.

-
    Sitting together with his sister in the lounge, he and his sister were in the middle of a board game when a maid - not one of the twins - had entered. Bowing, she respectfully said, “Young master, young lady, your father expects you two in the entrance hall.”

There was more than a little surprise. It was late in the evening, almost approaching their bedtime after all.

But their father had asked for them.

Hopping off his seat, he gently grabbed his sister by her hand. “Let’s go, little sister,” he said with a smile. Though he preferred to call her by her name, he had remember his manners with the maid present.

“‘kay, big brother,” was the response, and together the two followed the older maid’s lead.

As she said, their father was standing expectantly in the entrance hall, wearing this odd expression. He was looking... happy? There was a small grin on his face, even though he looked tired.

And beside him, with their father’s hand on his shoulder, was a boy. He looked young, close to his own age, with black hair and a pair of brilliant blue eyes.

“This child,” his father said, “is here to stay. Meet your new brother.”

There was no hesitation. Pulling along his sister, he approached the new person with a pleasant smile. Though the other boy did try to shrink away from him, and from his father, the eldest one there kept him in place.

“Hello, my name is Tohno Shiki. It is nice to meet you.”

Eyes still wide, the other boy remained silent - until he felt a gently applied pressure on his shoulder. “H-hello,” he stuttered, “My n-name is N-nanaya, Nanaya Shiki.”

黒いスサノヲ, Black Susano'oh IhaxlikeNoob's Avatar
    Ah, a fated meeting between the Shikis.

Not bad, not bad at all.
    NASUVERSE STAMPEDE!!!

Master of Hermione Alter Kieran's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And very cute, in its way.
    “Love will be cruel to who it entices — love will have its sacrifices.”

— Carmilla Theme

"Evil isn't the real threat to the world. Stupid is just as destructive as Evil, maybe more so, and it's a hell of a lot more common. What we really need is a crusade against Stupid. That might actually make a difference."

―Jim Butcher, Vignette

Blog Entries
    Snippet 2 Go!

--------

There was that voice again.

It was soft.

Heavy.

It was a whisper.

An impulse.

It was comforting.

Dangerous.

Tohno Shiki ignored it as usual in favor of his current assignment. His lessons were taken in one of the mansion’s studies, with him seated beside a window overlooking the grounds.

As was customary, that day’s focus were on mathematics - an important field of study he knew, but a tiring, repetitive one.

A field of study that was child’s play for him.

Disregarding that he was, at the moment, a child.

Though it was most likely because of his upbringing, mathematics had always come easy to Tohno Shiki.

Finishing the worksheet, he passed it across the table to his tutor.

His tutor, a balding and aged man, offered words of praise in quick response.

Shiki accepted it with quiet grace, revealing nothing of the voice’s intention.

Of distrust.

Scorn.

Thirst.

He was let free shortly after.

Speaking of which, was it truly correct to call it a voice? It had always been a quiet presence at the back of his mind, though lately it had been growing louder.

When he had asked about it, he was told that it was an imaginary friend he conjured up in absence of real ones.

But it was real, he had responded.

It was his imagination, they repeated. And the matter was left with that.

Standing outside on the patio in the back, Shiki was waiting for Akiha to finish her own lessons.

It was approaching noon, which meant that they would have an hour to themselves before lunch. As the eldest, it was his responsibility to come up with the day’s activities and games - except, of course, when Akiha really wanted to play a specific one.

Tag was out. He was taller and could run faster, so Akiha would probably not have as much fun. He could slow down, but Akiha hated it when he did that.

Plus, playing tag with only two people was boring. So was Hide and Go Seek.

A patch of pink was making its way across the yard.

Shifting his attention, Shiki saw one of the twins heading into the mansion’s forest. It could only be Hisui, given that her sister generally stayed indoors, and that she was walking with a slight spring to her step. She was carrying a basket of some sort, an eager smile on her face as she stepped into the woods. Though he knew that the servant's quarters were located in that direction, Shiki also knew the real reason for her venture.

It had been a week since Nanaya had arrived at their mansion.

And in that time, not once had Nanaya left his appointed room.

Not for meals.

Not for lessons.

The boy who had shared his name had shut himself in his room, refusing all contact.

And despite that, Hisui had went to Nanaya’s room everyday in hopes of drawing him out. It was a futile gesture, but Shiki acknowledged her good-natured determination with silent praise.

“Big brother!” a voice called out from behind.

Turning around, Shiki gave a bright grin as he saw his sister.

The voice within grew slightly louder at the sight.

Blog Entries
    Finals sucked up most of my free time T^T So I apologize for missing my deadline so soon.

Snippet 3

Surprisingly, the maid did succeed.

In the midst of their recess, she had trotted up to them with the largest grin Shiki had ever saw. “Shiki-sama, Akiha-sama,” she had said, “Shiki-kun finally decided to come out and play.” Skipping around said boy, Hisui then playfully pushed the Nanaya forward.

Under the attention of everyone around, Nanaya Shiki shrank inwards as he stuttered a “H-hello.”

As stated, the Tohno siblings had been surprised if for a moment. Tohno Shiki was the first to respond. “Hello,” he said, “it has been some time, Shiki-kun. How had you been?”

“Well... I suppose.”

The Tohno heir gave him a friendly grin. Nanaya was clearly uncomfortable in the presence of others, and as such it would not do to scare him.

“Akiha,” Shiki called out, turning his head towards his sister, “Shouldn’t you also greet your other brother?”

Little Akiha had, at the sight of Nanaya, dropped what she was doing and hid behind her elder brother. She flinched at his words and, loosing her grip on his clothes, said, “Yes big brother. Hello, Nanaya-niisan.”

“H-hello, to you too,” Nanaya replied with a troubled look, “umm... Tohno-san.”

“You do not have to address us by our last names,” Shiki interjected, “You are our brother now, and siblings can call each other by their first name. I will address you as Shiki-kun, and you will address me by Shiki-kun. Alright, Shiki-kun?”

“Al-alright then,” Shiki stammered, “Shiki-kun, Akiha-chan.”

Shiki’s grin returned. “Would you care to join us, Shiki-kun?” He asked, gesturing towards their game of Hopscotch. “We could teach you the rules, if you like.”

Before the other boy could respond though, that was the moment the maid spoke up. “If it pleases Shiki-sama, I would like to give Shiki-kun a tour of the grounds,” There wasn’t even a pause before Hisui started pulling on Nanaya’s arm, “C’mon Shiki, let me show you around.”

And they were off.

Still staring at where the young maid had been, Shiki experienced a rise of disappointment. It was understandable, he knew; the other boy had not left his room in all that time, and it would be better for him to be reacquainted with the mansion's layout.

But, mixed in with that disappointment, the voice whispered things of the maid.

Anger.

Hatred.

And of intent.

"Big brother?"

Shiki blinked, and the voice receded to the level of background noise. "Yes Akiha?" He asked, turning back towards his sister.

She hesitated, looking away from him as she did. But before he could ask, she held up a large pebble and said. "It is your turn."

He smiled. "Okay, now watch this!"

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I gotta say, these snips are acually a pretty interesting and so far well done look at the childhood of the children raised in the Tohno estate.

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Blog Entries
    I don't wanna study anymore!! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

A quick snippet to get back in the hang of things. And kill time before I go back to Calc.

Snippet 4

“Greetings, Lord Tohno. We have been expecting you,” the elderly man stated, his body positioned in a deep, respectful bow. His skin was weathered with age, his head shaved of hair and his voice cracked and thinned, but he showed no difficulty in holding himself. As was his station in the house.

“Thank you for having me.” The man replied, his tone polite and professional. Unlike the other, he was much younger, not even in his thirties. Though broad shouldered he was lean for his size, dressed in a fitting, black suit in stark contrast to the Japanese-style home he was in.

The greeter smoothly stood up and said, “If you will follow me, I will bring you to my master.” The man’s response was a nod. Without a further word, the elder turned around and walked deeper into the estate.

Turning around to his bodyguards, the man commanded, “You will stay here until I return.” Receiving the customary, silent nods, Tohno made off to follow the elderly man, who was as expected waiting for him. No words were passed between the two as the greeter moved on, with Tohno now two steps behind him.

The estate itself was finely decorated and cared for. The wooden floors bore no signs of imperfections, the walls no sign of disfigurement. The few decorations he had seen were ideally placed, and from what he had seen the estate itself bore no sign of faulty extravagance.

Inwardly, he approved of the head of this house. Externally, he made no comment and kept his face neutral. I really don't like this sentence though...

As they walked, the halls remained clear of all persons and very little noise; perhaps it was because of the meeting today that forced everyone away, or it was naturally like so. The man would’ve liked to see the condition of the house’s servants, but that could be forestalled to a future arraignment.

“If Lord Tohno would wait here, I will announce your presence,” the man said, slowing to a stop before one door. Waiting only for Tohno’s response, a clear-spoken “Yes,” the elderly man got on his knees before the door and announced, “Master Saeki, I come with your guest, Lord Tohno Makihisa.”

Waiting for a moment, the old man pulled the tatami door open.

Phase 1: Completed.

Blog Entries
    Hiya all, look this was requested of me some time ago so I decided to work on it today. Considering I haven't seen/read the Teach Me Ciel-Sensei/Litchi in a long time, there will be inconsistencies. But hey, if it sucks then at least it will fit right in with its associated work.

Epiren presents in dedication to DestinedFateX:

Lion and Ogre – Bonus Chapter

“Bonjour! Though it has been some time since our last session, welcome back to Teach Me, Ciel-Sensei!

Giving a low groan, Bang Shishigami wearily lifted his head off the flat surface – what had happened?

“As you all know, this was the class aimed at correcting Tohno-kun’s incorrect, and often stupid choices. While our guest may not be Tohno-kun, this class shall endeavor to do the same with him!”

He remembered the sentinel reaching up, grabbing Bang by his throat. He remembered the flames circling around them, staring into the sentinel’s red eye. The ninja remembered hearing the man shout and the flames rushing over him, spearing towards Bang as if it sought to devour him---

“While many may remember that stupid cat appearing, fortunately enough we have someone different this time. May I welcome, Litchi-Sensei.”

Miss Litchi?!

Taken out of his thoughts, the lion of Ikaruga snapped his eyes open and hurriedly began looking for the doctor. In the back of his mind, he realized that he was in a room of some sort, filled with desks and chairs arraigned in an orderly fashion; he himself was sitting in one, approximately in the middle of the room. The room was white and blue in color, making everything seem faded and ghostlike. But he ignored that, as his attention was focused towards the front.

Standing behind a podium was a blue-haired woman, dressed in blue, purple and white. She wore a pair of thin glasses – unlike his crush, they were circular and thinner in frame – and held a small rod in one hand and a book of some sort in the other. He ignored her too, as standing beside her was… Ms. Litchi?

The… person, kind of did look like Litchi. If one were to squint one's eyes, and then only if she were to be shrunken to a third of her size and made cartoonish in appearance. Was that really her?

“Thank you for having me, Ciel-Sensei,” her voice was the same though, “but we should focus our attention on Bang here, who’s looking a little confused.”

That caught his attention. “Miss Litchi!” Bang shouted, jumping out of his seat---

Only for a blur to pass him and his action was suddenly stopped.

“Class is in session, Mr. Bang,” said the other woman, Ciel he believed, sweetly. Though he was unable to move his head, Bang could see out of the corner of his eye, a sword piercing his shadow. Was it an Ars Magus of some kind? “Now that you are fully cooperative, why don’t we focus on the choice that you just made?”

“The person you were fighting with is made for close quarter combat,” said the cartoon-version of Litchi, “He’s inhumanly strong, can soak up any sort of punishment like a sponge, and apparently is immune to, and can control, fire. At your current standing, he is not an enemy you can defeat, let alone survive against.”

“Which is why,” Ciel continued, “it is important to cool your head a little, and more closely review your choices again. Perhaps another option might pop up.”

“You are an important character of this franchise after all,” Litchi added, “and it exactly isn’t in the interests of the company to have you suddenly killed off.”

The two of them gave each other a nod, and then turned back to Bang. “That’s all the time we have,” they said in unison, “Hopefully, this student of ours won’t have to return here.”

And the scene blanked out.

-------------------------------------------------------------

The man's hair was entirely soaked with blood, and his eyes were little more than red orbs. Perhaps I should ease down? Bang thought, charging towards the man once more. … But maybe it would be best if we start over after I knock him out. His battle-lust is already preventing him from listening to me... so maybe a quick nap should calm him down?

He would –––––

→ launch his final strike and see if the sentinel is willing to listen.
    → Perform his ultimate attack! It's the only move that is guaranteed to work!

Wait… hadn’t Bang already been through this? That’s right! He remembered the ending of the fight, the strange room and inhabitants… What were they anyway? Was that really Ms. Litchi? Or did he get caught up in the middle of some mid-battle fantasy, inspired by his own fear?

Still charging towards the sentinel, he reviewed his choices once again:

→ launch his final strike and see if the sentinel is willing to listen.
    → perform his ultimate attack! It's the only move that is guaranteed to work!

And… this was new:

→ launch the remainder of his trap shurikens and retreat.

Hmm… decisions, decisions… He remembered the blue-haired woman’s and Ms. Litchi’s words --- But to retreat was not like him!

Therefore, there was only one choice from the start!

|
    |
    |

The alternative truth is yet to be found.

I happen to be an expert on this topic Pata Hikari's Avatar
    Well these are nice little stories.

SHIKI pre-Roa is always interesting.
    Fate/Stay Night: Life is an Endless Dream Chapter 12: Settling into place
    Tsukihime: Role Revert Part 10: Were you here the whole time?
    Fate + Tsuki: Slayer/Savior Part 1: Forge/Assassin
    Pata Hikari's Tsukihime Short stories: Lastest story: A Midnight Dreary

Blog Entries
    It's been a long time since I wrote for fun.

Quick question, how did Shiki cope again with his family's deaths? It's been some time since I went through the VN.

Snippet 5 or some number

Now that Nanaya was out of his room, it was only a matter of time before his - their - father made his move. Right after dinner, just as the trio were about to leave the dining table, the lord of the household had called out, "Nanaya Shiki, please remain seated."

A sense of uneasiness washed over the eldest son as he heard his father's cold, commanding tone. Nanaya was obviously started and frantically looked at him for help... to which, Tohno Shiki could only give a slight shake of his head, and a whisper "Sorry." Akiha, who had flinched at her father's command as well, gave him a worried look.

"Shiki, Akiha," their father spoke again, still staring - no, glaring - at Nanaya, though this time his tone was laced with the slightest amount of warmth, "you may leave. I need to have a word with Nanaya here."

Slowly getting up, Shiki - who had been seated beside Nanaya (Akiha was sitting across from them) - patted Nanaya on his shoulder, smiled apologetically, and whispered, "We'll wait for you outside."

Nanaya's response was to slump in his seat with a resigned look.

Tohno Shiki faltered in his step. The voice, which was usually, almost always, silent in his father's presence spoke up. Shiki's insides curled, but he hastened his walk. He did not want to know why it felted good.

Dodging one of the maids cleaning up the table, Shiki took Akiha's hand and made their way out of the dining room. And like with all children in that situation, they stationed themselves right beside the door, in hope of eavesdropping the conversation. For the next five minutes, there were only the sounds on the servants cleaning up and moving about. Not a word was spoken between the household head and the adopted son.

And when the other door had finally shut close and all other sounds had ceased, their father began to talk. "Do you know why I asked you to stay behind?" Shiki heard, their father's voice, though slightly muffled by the door's wood, was much colder.

"Y-yes, sir," Nanaya Shiki's voice was much quieter, and laced with fear.

"Good," there was a slight pause before his father continued, "Explain to me why you locked yourself in your room for 8 days?"

Rather than being just cold, his tone was frigid.

Nanaya gave a startled 'eep', before he found his words, albeit he was stammering, "I, I-I need-ed, needed time to, ge-t o-over the-them, sir. M-m-my par-ents, fa-fami-ly, sir."

There was a long pause. Shiki could've imagined his father, leaning forward on his elbows, locking him in place with a blank stare. It happened to him more than a few times, so Shiki was well aware on its effects.

"I see," the Tohno head said, his voice a shade warmer than before "while I understand the reason, that does not justify your extended withdrawal. I will decide on your punishment later; for now, you are dismissed."

Shiki heard the movement of a chair and the retreating, light footsteps that was characteristic of his father.

"Y-yes, sir." Nanaya said, before there was again the scraping of the chair as he got up. Shiki, draggin Akiha along, took a few steps back and tried to look as though he had not heard a single word of the conversation; he had a feeling that he succeeded too. A few seconds later, the door opened and the small frame of his younger brother slipped out from the dining room.

"Well," Shiki said with false cheer, "What did father want to talk to you about?"

Nanaya did not respond.

Walking towards him, Shiki rounded his arm around the other Shiki's shoulder and said, in a serious tone, "That bad, huh?"

Nanaya this time did respond with a nod.

"Well," Shiki said, not sure how to cheer him up, "umm... I know! while Hisui probably did show you most of the mansion, I don't think she'd show you Akiha's and my room, did she? Or the best places to play and hide? C'mon, I'll give you a much better tour of the place!"

Tightening his grip, Shiki laughed as he forcefully dragged Nanaya in an attempt to cheer him up. Nanaya squirmed in his grip, calling for him to let him go, and trying valiantally to escape the elder boy's clutches. He did not want to be with them. He wanted to be alone, so why couldn't he let go?

He did not want to like them. Especially after what their father had done.

But it was futile. The elder Shiki was determined to cheer him up and nothing could be done otherwise. So, Nanaya simply gave up.

"Wait for me, big brother!" cried Akiha, running to catch up to the two boy's (well, really only one boy's) swift pace. Shiki was continuing to laugh,
    disregarding his appearance as he nearly broke out into a run.

For now, he would abandon his intelligent, charismatic, and dignified persona to be the caring, and cool, older brother.

Blog Entries
    Crack. And a follow-up for one of my stories.

Snippet 6

Iron Tager, the Red Devil of Sector Seven, had no idea what was going on anymore.

"GAAAAOOOOOO"

In the middle of his mission to recover the "Eye", Noel Vermillion, Kokonoe had ordered him to suspend his current activity, to investigate an anomaly at an undisclosed location.

He evaded the laser beams by turning onto his side.

It would've been fine and all, but the fact that she was being especially cryptic worried him slightly. Regardless, as it was Kokonoe, then he would accomplish the mission without complaint. Much.

"GAAAAOOOOOO"

Perhaps unusual though was the fact that rather than him traveling the distance by foot if it was close, or having an ars magus vessel pick him if not, she had decided to teleport him instead. Which should've been impossible, considering that the only technology capable of teleportation she possessed was compatible only with the Murakumo units.

He hopped backwards to avoid the appendage aimed at him.

But in the time that had been taken by those thoughts, the teleportation process had been complete, and the Red Devil had appeared in... an oddly decorated place.

With a great exhalation of breath, Tager punched the enemy in the chest; rather than sending him flying away, his opponent had only been sent back approximately one hundred feet, its feet leaving two great furrows the length of its flight.

Hopefully, the blow would discourage his opponent from continuing to attack --

"Nope, attack my creation!"

"GAAAAOOOO"

Damn.

The surrounding location was monotonous in color, being either a shade of grey or white, and was strangely concave in shape - as if he were sitting in an enormous bowl of some kind. There were dead trees decorating the ground, though the main feature of this place were the overwhelming number of ruins of walls and buildings. In the distance, nearly a mile distant, were the ruins of a castle and the largest tree he had documented growing from its center. Even though the appearance of leaves signified that it was possibly alive, it too was monotonous in color.

Where was he?

There was no time to dodge the next set of lasers; crossing his arms, he managed to block the high intensity light(?) with little more than a mar on his... new, golden skin.

"Oho ho ho ho! How's that?! Ready to admit defeat, Professor?!"

"Never!!!"

Sigh.

Through the use of his scanners, he managed to pick up a life signature nearby and made his way towards it. It wasn't very far, so it was not long until he came across it.

"Take this!"

Under the command of another, his fist launched itself in a vicious uppercut and impacted the underside of the enemy's chin. The blow managed to lift it nearly ten feet into the air.

"GAAAAOOO"

Its rocket fist of all things launched from its arm and struck him in the nose.

The... individual was wrapped in a heavy brown cloak, hiding their specific features from view. The person was small, though in comparison to himself everyone was smaller, and was clutching of all things a broomstick in hand.

When he had been no further than twenty feet, the person's head had snapped up - he noticed that the other's hair color was an unnatural shade of red - towards him. Noticing an increase of grip on the broom, Tager stopped in his tracks, unsure on how to proceed. Kokonoe had not briefed him on the mission, only stating that "he needed to check something out".

Perhaps a simple greeting will suffice.

"Hello," Tager began, only to be cut off by the other person ----

--- laughing?

"Uhu hu hu," Tager analyzed the voice and determined its owner to be female, "Really Professor, it this bucket of bolts the best you can do?" She called out, still laughing to herself.

... what?

Unexpectedly, his telecommunications device activated and Kokonoe responded immediately, with a high degree of venom in her voice, "This 'bucket of bolts' you said can mop the floor with any of your creations."

... again, what?

"And furthermore!" Kokonoe continued, not noticing Tager's confusion or outright ignoring it, "Where is your own piece of crap? Had you forgotten to bring it due to your measly memory, or did you fail to create one because of your skills, or lack thereof?"

"You are acting a little out of character there, Kokonoe."

Predictably, he was ignored. "Uhuhu, everyone knows that presentation is also very important, <3" Tager could very well have heard the heart attached to the end of that phrase, "Now behold!! My (second) Ultimate Creation: Neco Arc Chaos Black G666!!!" With that shout, she threw out her hand towards the heavens above.

Out of the sky came an enormous robot, nearly one hundred feet in height... and vaguely cat like in design. It was dressed, for some reason, in a blacbl long-sleeve shirt and blue skirt. A cat-like tail appendage was attached to its posterior, and two cat ear-like structures sprouted from its 'hair'. Other than its two yellow, mechanical eyes (with accompanying eyebrows), the only other feature it was equipped with was a thin line for a smirk.

"GAAAAOOOOOOO" It roared, the sound of its voice producing shockwaves that shook the ground.

"Now, what about my skills?!" She shouted, a maniacal smile on her face.

........ I give up.
    Last edited by Epiren; August 13th, 2013 at 10:30 PM.

Dapper Deathwing YeOfLittleFaith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    .... Kokonoe and Hisui pit their creations against each other.

Oh dear god my sides

Quote Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
    Not my fault Shirou is an awesome bro to lesbians.

Blog Entries
    ​Snippet 7

The village was covered entirely in ash. It was no metaphoric analogy; the walkways, the roofs, the trees and plants, all were covered with ash. As he continued to walk, the gray flakes of the snow-like substance were stirred, some launching into the air before lazily drifting to the ground.

'What had happened?' He thought, slowly, calmly examining his surroundings. There was no movement in his immediate area and his senses took no notice of any hostile presence.

His nostril flared slightly as he took another investigative sniff.

As he had thought before, there was that wrongness again. Fire was his to command and he knew the consequences of an uncontrolled blaze. The village had none of it. Except for a few broken doors and windows, the village was in a pristine condition and there was no soot or blackened remains. And the scent of fire and burnt remains was absent from the air.

He continued on.

In the aftermath of the Head's death and his subsequent dismissal from the new Head, he had taken a sort of break by touring the country.

After all, it would be a while before that man's son would be ready to face him.

Taking but the clothes on his back and the bare necessities for such a travel, he had spent the majority of last week wandering in the local mountains. It wasn't until recently that he recognized a sudden increase of power that sparked his interest. When he came to its point of origin, he came across the village. The power that had sparked his interest though, had disappeared.

It wasn't long before he came across a survivor. Or rather, he came across the only survivor.

Inside one of the many houses, sitting in the forum was a young child, probably female, dressed in traditional attire. She was slumped forward, her black bangs covering her face - since he towered over her, he could only see the top of her scalp. Her hands were small and limp by her sides, and her feet, poking out from underneath her kimono, were bare. He paused, somewhat surprised of two things: in a wide circle around her, no flake of ash was seen within. It could not have been done through sweeping; the area was too meticulously clean for that.

And then there was the familiar scent of blood.

He approached, his footsteps muffled by the ash. There was no sense of hostility coming from the young one and he doubted that she could even injure his body, but perhaps she could inform him of the events that had happened.

And if there was some prey that could satisfy his thirst for battle.

When he was only a meter away, it appeared as though the girl had deigned to acknowledge his presence. Turning her head upwards, she stared at him with dull, lifeless and gray eyes. After a moment, she spoke, "I... I... killed so many again."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Himegami Aisa did not know how much time had passed since... since she had killed everyone. She had been sleeping in her room when the first had come - she had tried to escape, in order for the other to live, but was ultimately caught in the forum.

She bled. They all died.

Everyone. Regardless of gender, of age, of height, of strength, of speed, of maturity, of nature, all who had sipped on her blood had turned to ash.

She felt horrible. She was a killer, a murderer despite the circumstances. She had killed everyone she knew.

But why was she allowed to continue to live? Wrapping the few puncture wounds in the bandage wraps, she thought about the question. But no answer had come to mind, even after the few hours thinking.

It wasn't until she noticed a person standing before her that she noticed her surroundings. She looked up, trying to examine who it was. Had someone survived after all?

But the answer was no. The man was about as tall as her dad, with black hair and an eye color darker than her fathers. But that where the similarities ended; her father had been a slim man, with fair features and was - had been - constantly smiling and joking with her and her mother, which had been funny occasionally.

This man though was heavily built, bulging with muscles; he had a severe face, his lips in a grim line, his single eye narrowed slightly in thought. He didn't look as though he would often joke, or at all really. He had an eyepatch, she noticed, though much of it was hidden by his wild mess of hair. His clothes though were at a contrast with his wild look: despite its ragged and weared-down appearance, the clothes were made from a quality and rich fabric.

Normally, she would have never thought of talking to a stranger, especially one looking like him. But there was no one else around, and he didn't seem interested in harming her. Or drinking her blood. Which was fine, because she didn't want to kill anymore.

But, what would she say?

And then she knew. She had been thinking of this question for a long time now, but had come up with no answers; perhaps he could help?

"I... I... killed so many again."

He was silent, content to stare at her with his single eye as though he was thinking over her words. Hopefully, he was.

And then he answered, "I see."

"... ?"

--------------------

And end! Somewhat.

A Toaru X Tsukihime crossover of sorts. I know the difficulties of merging the two universes... but meh. I ain't going to be that serious about this XOver.

Edited for some minor mistakes*
    Last edited by Epiren; August 29th, 2013 at 12:58 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    That's really quite interesting.

Naturally, there isn't very much plot to it, but it's a rather intriguing premise. Even though the Crimson Red Vermilion are classified as blood-drinkers, they aren't vampires. So would the Deep Blood still affect them? Probably not, but then again, Kouma has never been shown to need blood in the first place.

And, moreover, if we fed Aisa to Roa/SHIKI, would he be destroyed entirely or continue to reincarnate?

Nice work!

Just to point out, I think you meant to use content rather than contempt.
    Last edited by Frostyvale; August 28th, 2013 at 11:45 PM.

Blog Entries
    Late reply, but to answer:

Crimson Red Vermilion technically refers to being the pinnacle of non-human hybridization, (can't source this) where "the demon-blood is maximized; A term refers to the moment at which an individual of mixed lineage maximally awakens the non-human blood that is slumbering within him." (TM Wikia). My impression is that not all CRV are blood-drinkers - Akiha kinda had her own issues - as it depends on what species the family line was integrated with. Kouma was an Ogre/Oni-hybrid, which did devour humans, but Deep Blood only affects one species of paranormal creatures.

On Roa/SHIKI, his current vessel would die but his soul would not; I vaguely remember that Roa had to choose a target before his death so he could reincarnate, but what would happen if he died before doing so? Of course, this is based off my slightly-faulty memory.

And thanks for your compliments. Though I find making the premise more fun and easier to write than anything else - my muse tends to leave after I get down a few words.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Epiren View Post
    On Roa/SHIKI, his current vessel would die but his soul would not; I vaguely remember that Roa had to choose a target before his death so he could reincarnate, but what would happen if he died before doing so?
    His soul would migrate to a being that fit his preset criteria. ("Wealth", "influence", "unusual ability".)

Blog Entries
    My muse! My fair muse! Where are you Threxsantshpilnks?! Many months have passed since you've left, and I could write no piece without your presence.

Yeah, took me a while to slog through this - and it ended up on the short side.

Snippet 8

"I see."

"...?" What? It was an entirely unexpected result; Aisa had thought he would be horrified or terrified or, or, or -- something. Not...

... understanding.

He must have noticed her reaction, as he continued, "For a normal human, the burden of killing another is heavy - especially for one as young as yourself," his words were full of quiet conviction, "In time, that burden will lighten - as well as your difficulty in taking it," his eye glared down at hers, nailing her in place, unable to move, "If you wish to continue killing, then take note: as more fall to your hands, the value of each life will significantly lessen."

What... what was this man saying?

That, I will get used to it if I kill even more people? But I -- but --

But the man was not done. Having lifted his single eye off hers before, he was surveying their surroundings. "But," he began after a minute, "to cause this amount of devastation..." his gaze resettled on hers. He must've noted her already paler face, as his final word trailed off. "No matter," he concluded that train of thought, "Tell me girl, why do you continue to remain in this land of the dead? It is no place for one such as yourself."

The feeling of confusion, of horror at his earlier words was squashed beneath the weight of her depression. "I don't have anywhere else to go," she said quietly.

"No other kin lives beyond the boundary of this town?" the man asked, a curious tilt to his voice, "No friend, no distant relative to notify, so that you can be sheltered?"

Aisa shook her head twice. "No... I don't. Everyone in my family - everyone I knew lived in this town, until... I, I killed them all." She lowered her head, the guilt physically overwhelming her.

Her mother, her uncle, her friends Taro and Misae, the old man who lived across the street, the housewife next door, the milkman, the newspaper boy, the woman who walked her dog in front of her house, her classmates, her kind teacher, the stationed police officer, everyone---

She had killed them all.

Cloth rustled, and the floorboard beside her creaked and bent under a large weight.

"Then," she heard the man's voice, much closer than before, just to her side, "I shall accompany you until such a time otherwise."