View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1003 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3503903953993998100110021003100410051008101310531103 ... LastLast
Results 20,041 to 20,060 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    it's fine as long as it's only a small portion of the population has always been a idiotic argument

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    http://www.businessinsider.com/heres...ilitary-2015-9

This offers some more reasons for disqualification.

JP Friend Code
    You know the article is actually making the point that disqualifying fit volunteers is fucking stupid, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Whatever shit you want to talk about how few there are the fact is that the Military engages in extensive recruitment efforts and they still can't actually get all the people they want to have at the best of times. They often shore up the numbers with predatory practices that target highschoolers and promise them far more than they'll actually get. That's how fuckin' desperate they are to fill seats to protect this country, and Trump woke up a morning ago and said to a portion of the nation "Fuck you. Don't be in my military because I say so."

At this stage in my life I have no interest in joining the US militarym that doesn't disqualify me from noting that the notion of carte blanche disqualification of people who are fit, meet the standards of health and WANT TO SERVE; for political reasons no less, is fucking lunacy. The general impression I have been getting from reporting and statements by congressional leaders is that nobody was floating this as their actual position. They wanted Trump to stem the idea of the military paying for transitional healthcare at worst. His 9 AM Tweet made no sense from any standpoint of aiding the military in achieving any of its goals, he just wasn't paying the fuck attention when people were asking him to support their position on an issue wholly separate from this one.
    Last edited by Kareshy; July 27th, 2017 at 03:11 PM.
    ASTOLFO. IS. BEST. GIRL.
    Jeanne is... also best girl and Jeanne Alter is EVEN MORE also best girl.

Banned
    Fruitless discussion with the blithering eugenicist aside, please enjoy the prison planet guy getting roasted by that historian again.

Last edited by 2Bad; July 27th, 2017 at 03:10 PM.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries

Banned
    Oh hey domestic terrorism thanks mr president

Nasty, but happened a while ago...

Banned
    No it didn't?

Or if it did, ABC just reported it today.

Blog Entries
    To be fair it happens a lot.

Banned
    Well yes also that

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyvale View Post
    ITT people with no intention of military service complain about the restriction of "rights" for a fraction of a fraction of a particular American demographic
    Why the scare quotes? How is voluntarily serving in a country's military not a right?

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Military service is contingent on the ability to perform in extremely adverse conditions at the whim of American foreign policy. Therefore, you must meet an absolute medical standard in order to qualify for service. Transgenderism necessarily introduces complications into that process.

Banned
    Final attempt at the skinny repeal came out, CBO affirms 16m will lose their insurance, and says that it will increase premiums by 20% every yeah. Oh, and a massive defunding of PP of course.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    AR 40-501, chapter 2, section 14, subpart B, Line 1

Banned
    THESE RATFUCKS ARE GOING TO PASS A BILL THEY HATE, AND THAT THE COUNTRY ALSO HATES, THAT WILL BLOW UP THE AMERICAN MEDICAL INDUSTRY, OVER TO A GROUP OF EVEN BIGGER RATFUCKS ON THE GROUNDS OF A VAGUE PROMISE BY PAUL RYAN

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bad View Post
    Oh hey domestic terrorism thanks mr president
    They think he aged out of center and is torching it for revenge or w/e so not sure you can blame President T here

Banned
    And the ONLY "protection" we have is the FUCKING FREEDOM CAUCUS, WHO MIGHT HOLD BACK ON THE GROUNDS OF IT NOT KILLING ENOUGH POOR PEOPLE

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyvale View Post
    Military service is contingent on the ability to perform in extremely adverse conditions at the whim of American foreign policy. Therefore, you must meet an absolute medical standard in order to qualify for service. Transgenderism necessarily introduces complications into that process.
    So? I am physically unfit for military duty, and yet I doubt you'd question my right to serve if I expressed it - my ability, yes, but not my right.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    So? I am physically unfit for military duty, and yet I doubt you'd question my right to serve if I expressed it - my ability, yes, but not my right.
    I agree with your general point re:transgender but this seems like quite the technicality (at least if I'm understanding you correctly).

The question isn't whether they have a "right" in some abstract sense but whether they should actually be allowed to serve in practice.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I agree with your general point re:transgender but this seems like quite the technicality (at least if I'm understanding you correctly).

The question isn't whether they have a "right" in some abstract sense but whether they should actually be allowed to serve in practice.
    No it's the right, and the "practical" argument is the cover. They already can obviously do so, one of Seal Team 6 was a transwoman, they enlist at 5 times the rate of normal people, and fuck even if you discount active combat this would supposedly bar them from ALL work even desk jobs, it's a fucking stupid tweet from a fucking stupid man who shouldn't be the goddamn president. The military isn't doing anything as of yet because he's too much of an idiot to actually do anything officially related to it. Stop humoring the eugenicist and give up all hope because our legislature is trying to murder us.