View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1004 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 4504904954994999100210031004100510061009101410541104 ... LastLast
Results 20,061 to 20,080 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bad View Post
    No it's the right, and the "practical" argument is the cover. They already can obviously do so, one of Seal Team 6 was a transwoman, they enlist at 5 times the rate of normal people, and fuck even if you discount active combat this would supposedly bar them from ALL work even desk jobs, it's a fucking stupid tweet from a fucking stupid man who shouldn't be the goddamn president. The military isn't doing anything as of yet because he's too much of an idiot to actually do anything officially related to it. Stop humoring the eugenicist and give up all hope because our legislature is trying to murder us.
    I agree with you, man. I was replying to Spoony's particular argument which struck me as verbal quibbling, not saying I agreed with the Orange Menace.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    So? I am physically unfit for military duty, and yet I doubt you'd question my right to serve if I expressed it - my ability, yes, but not my right.
    This isn't Starship Troopers. There is no caterpillar-hair counting job for blind people.

It's a tradeoff. Become a cog in the machine for a few years and come out with certain benefits. If you don't fit the machine, they don't take you.

- - - Updated - - -

Tangentially, it's worth pointing out that Kristin Beck was not on HRT during her term of service. Her subsequent coming out is a wonderful thing, as it reflects the progress society in general has made. However, do note that she experienced unique difficulties, which if treated by the application of an androgen blocker and artificial estrogen supplement, would have decreased her physical capability on the battlefield. She has, either way, displayed strong willpower and professionalism which is characterized adequately by the record of her service.
    Last edited by Frostyvale; July 28th, 2017 at 01:14 AM.

Banned
    Well that happened

Blog Entries
    More than anything, right now, I'm glad that John S. McCain III, a great American war hero, stepped up to the plate and stopped Donald Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Now he can and should go and sit in the corner, in silence for the duration, lest he inevitably ruin his one moment

Blog Entries
    I'm just going to assume that McCain's vote tipped it to no because the Senate's vote announcement is really asinine and I can't count this long list of names in my head

Banned
    well really it's Murkowski and Collins moment since they have actually stood up to Mitch without the whole "will be dead soon" thing, and have done so on multiple occasions

Blog Entries
    Yeah, but McCain's been trying to get his Maverick merit badge for SO LONG

Banned
    Well since he voted yes on Tuesday just so he could look like a hero today and people are eating it up, I think it worked.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    Net results of Trump:

Gorsuch, some missiles, and nothing else.

Banned
    And numerous civil rights rollbacks, environmental regulations being torn down, chaos in every policy department but especially foreign policy, etc

Banned
    You fucking testudine piece of shit

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    slow and steady wins the race
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    "HAHA THE HEALTHCARE OF OTHERS IS MOST AMUSING TO ME"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    if you consider winning to be restricting rights of large chunks of the population and 16+ million having healthcare taken away

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyvale View Post

Tangentially, it's worth pointing out that Kristin Beck was not on HRT during her term of service. Her subsequent coming out is a wonderful thing, as it reflects the progress society in general has made. However, do note that she experienced unique difficulties, which if treated by the application of an androgen blocker and artificial estrogen supplement, would have decreased her physical capability on the battlefield. She has, either way, displayed strong willpower and professionalism which is characterized adequately by the record of her service.
    Which is the point, you goblin.
    Can't have tattoos in the military is different from "You can't join the military if you publicly declare you will ever get a tattoo."
    The ban isn't transitioning people, it isn't people whose future or present medical intentions may cause conflict with their ability to serve, it's trans people. Regardless of their health and medical status. Regardless of their actual, individual fitness to serve otherwise.

- - - Updated - - -

Also rapid fire hodgepodge failure bills designed to desperately pass the buck to the other part of congress isn't my idea of "Slow and Steady". Their behavior is a ton more like the rabbit's consistent incompetence, laziness and stupidity causing it to fail in a race it could have easily won.
    ASTOLFO. IS. BEST. GIRL.
    Jeanne is... also best girl and Jeanne Alter is EVEN MORE also best girl.

Banned
    It's like the world's worst fucking shell game, they were literally hinging a bunch of Yes votes on the guarantee that it wouldn't actually pass.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyvale View Post
    This isn't Starship Troopers. There is no caterpillar-hair counting job for blind people.

It's a tradeoff. Become a cog in the machine for a few years and come out with certain benefits. If you don't fit the machine, they don't take you.
    In addition to what Kareshy already said, I'll note you're dodging the question. Why put "rights" in scare quotes?

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I agree with you, man. I was replying to Spoony's particular argument which struck me as verbal quibbling, not saying I agreed with the Orange Menace.
    It's not verbal quibbling, no. Frostyvale could have expressed himself in a number of ways, but chose to express himself in a way that he questions transgender people's very right to serve, regardless of their individual situation. You should also note that his first argument didn't have anything to do regarding the ability of transgender people to serve, it was that a ban would only affect "a fraction of a fraction of a particular American demographic" and thus wasn't important.

Basically, he's trying to hide his prejudice behind fallacious rhetoric. Don't help him with that, Royd.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; July 28th, 2017 at 08:34 AM.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For anyone that was following the story:

Charlie Gard, the baby at the centre of a legal row over his treatment, has died, a family spokesman has confirmed.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40752120

RIP
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Banned