View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1020 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2052092097010101015101810191020102110221025103010701120 ... LastLast
Results 20,381 to 20,400 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-40991326

Search team finds the wreck of the Indianapolis after 70+ years
    Crikey, that's old...

Even though I shouldn't, I feel inclined to ask... Is there a clue leading to the crusader's treasure trove somewhere?

Also, fresh good news from the Associated Press...

https://apnews.com/25edb9c1026248178...&utm_medium=AP

Banned
    I, too, love when a genocidal dictator is utterly intransigent

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bad View Post
    I, too, love when a genocidal dictator is utterly intransigent
    I love when the US doesn't get its way in foreign policy, though there are certainly nicer figures than Mr Overkill...

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by AsGryffynn View Post
    I love when the US doesn't get its way in foreign policy, though there are certainly nicer figures than Mr Overkill...
    I'm glad the death toll wasn't high enough to impede your satisfaction on a finger getting put up to the US.
    ASTOLFO. IS. BEST. GIRL.
    Jeanne is... also best girl and Jeanne Alter is EVEN MORE also best girl.

Banned
    "America didn't want this so it's good" is stereotypical Latin nationalist to the point of parody

- - - Updated - - -

When the sarin spread throughout the city streets, killing thousands of Syrians, I thought to myself, "finally, the Yankees are getting what they deserve!"

Blog Entries
    "America didn't want this so it's good" is stereotypical Latin nationalist to the point of parody
    the tanks are coming
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Random dude in Colorado gets stabbed outside local Steak n Shake for having a "Nazi haircut". But Antifa is totes just acting to defend themselves you guys!

Banned
    what is "antifa"

- - - Updated - - -

the answer is "not an organization but a broad grassroots movement with the only connecting thread being opposition to fascism"

Blog Entries
    That dude honestly does have really bad hair.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    a window gotten broken at an anti-trump rally, perhaps this means Nazis are good?

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    what is "antifa"

- - - Updated - - -

the answer is "not an organization but a broad grassroots movement with the only connecting thread being opposition to fascism"
    I mean, replace Fascism with blacks/minorities and that's white supremacy, and we still say white supremacists ran down an innocent girl in Virginia.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    I mean, replace Fascism with blacks/minorities and that's white supremacy, and we still say white supremacists ran down an innocent girl in Virginia.
    A point of key distinction being that stabbing randos is not a key requirement of being anti-fascist, but hating, suppressing, and often killing non-whites and those who defend them IS key to White Supremacy.

Blog Entries
    If you don't think violent activism is a major part of the modern movement defined as "Antifa" (which is completely different then general opposition to Fascism) then I honestly don't know what to tell you.

And none of this "Antifa doing bad things means saying Nazis are good" nonsense. That's an utter straw-man and you know it.

- - - Updated - - -

what is "antifa"

- - - Updated - - -

That just makes any attempt to defend the movement as a whole even more ludicrous. Personally I wouldn't call people like the guy who stabbed Witt "Antifa", I would call them random vigilante punks who think beating people up FOR GREAT JUSTICE is a totes awesome idea. People like you are the ones that try to give them the veneer of a serious movement through lumping them together with genuine anti-Fascist activism...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    That dude honestly does have really bad hair.
    Uber-short hair is generally not a good look IMO, on men or women. Still not worthy of getting stabbed, though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    snip
    Force is of course key, but the fallacy you always attempt to construct, and which has been blown out of the sky 20 thousand times, is that force is inherently random and purposeless. This, demonstrably, isn't the case. Nazis marched armed, with intent to use violence, because armed violence is inherent to fascism. Only when met with force are they repelled. This was witnessed at multiple points in Charlottesville specifically and in the general sense. Some rando stabbing another rando no more changes that fact than a window getting broken during a protest means the protest is a riot or the protest's message is invalid.

- - - Updated - - -

As an addendum: the people willing to stand between their fellow citizens and Nazis with riot gear and submachine guns with nothing but (at MOST) improvised clubs, spray, and gumption are engaged in more genuine anti-fascist activity than you have ever been in your entire life.

Blog Entries
    Force is of course key, but the fallacy you always attempt to construct, and which has been blown out of the sky 20 thousand times, is that force is inherently random and purposeless. This, demonstrably, isn't the case. Nazis marched armed, with intent to use violence, because armed violence is inherent to fascism. Only when met with force are they repelled. This was witnessed at multiple points in Charlottesville specifically and in the general sense. Some rando stabbing another rando no more changes that fact than a window getting broken during a protest means the protest is a riot or the protest's message is invalid.

- - - Updated - - -

As an addendum: the people willing to stand between their fellow citizens and Nazis with riot gear and submachine guns with nothing but (at MOST) improvised clubs, spray, and gumption are engaged in more genuine anti-fascist activity than you have ever been in your entire life.
    I actually approve of how the anti-fascist protestors (lumping them all in with "Antifa" would concede the rhetorical point I'm trying to fight against) handled Charlottesville, so most of your point doesn't really apply to me. But most cases are not quite so clear-cut as a bunch of Nazis marching literally waving around Swastika flags and automatic weaponry.

Nor did I ever claim to be an anti-fascist activist myself. You're changing the subject.

Blog Entries
    I must be out of touch with the world when I think people supporting Nazism and racial supremacy are ridiculous and should all die.

Blog Entries
    I actually approve of how the anti-fascist protestors (lumping them all in with "Antifa" would concede the rhetorical point I'm trying to fight against)
    This basically reads as "They actually aren't bad but I feel the need to complain about them so I'll ignore it"

Banned
    I actually approve of how the anti-fascist protestors (lumping them all in with "Antifa" would concede the rhetorical point I'm trying to fight against)
    Are they at a Nazi march, bashing fasc? Guess what.

But most cases are not quite so clear-cut as a bunch of Nazis marching literally waving around Swastika flags and automatic weaponry.
    What other major events would you point to, exactly?

Nor did I ever claim to be an anti-fascist activist myself. You're changing the subject.
    I'm not. I'm pointing out that it is completely absurd of you to dismiss the people who are actually willing to die fighting fascists of not being engaged in genuine anti-fascist activity. This is a thing that you did.