View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1025 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2552592597510151020102310241025102610271030103510751125 ... LastLast
Results 20,481 to 20,500 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    That is the point. If you're Jewish at all (or wealthy) you're 1000% Jew in the eyes of these people. There is no middle ground.

also in the religious sense, but that's a different topic
    So my point is actually even stronger then I thought then. And obviously in the religious sense "half-Jewish" is kind of a meaningless concept (something that really bothered me as a kid, incidentally); you either believe or you don't.

Banned
    Well no he's referring to Jewish law, not your personal belief.

As for the Nazis, I believe you needed to be at least 4 generations removed to be in the clear.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bad View Post
    Well no he's referring to Jewish law, not your personal belief.

As for the Nazis, I believe you needed to be at least 4 generations removed to be in the clear.
    Last I heard, for actual nazis, a single drop makes you a jew.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Banned
    I was referring to the actual shit. Like iirc that so long as none of your grandparents were Jewish you were not legally considered so. It MIGHT have gone back to your great-grandparents, I forget.

It's not relevant to the present in any case.

Blog Entries
    Article 2

1 The regulations in Article 1 are also valid for Reich subjects of mixed Jewish blood.
    2 An individual of mixed Jewish blood is one who is descended from one or two grandparents who were racially full Jews, in so far as he or she does not count as a Jew according to Article 5, paragraph 2 One grandparent shall be considered as full-blooded if he or she belonged to the Jewish religious community...

Article 5

1. A Jew is anyone who is descended from at least three grandparents who are racially full Jews. Article 2, para. 2, second sentence will apply.
    2. A Jew is also one who is descended from two full Jewish parents, if (a) he belonged to the Jewish religious community at the time this law was issued, or joined the community later, (b) he was married to a Jewish person, at the time the law was issued, or married one subsequently, (c) he is the offspring of a marriage with a Jew, in the sense of Section I, which was contracted after the Law for the Protection of German Blood and German Honor became effective, (d) he is the offspring of an extramarital relationship with a Jew, according to Section I, and will be born out of wedlock after July 31, 1936.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    huh, okay

I admit I didn't read that much into nazi policy
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hope Keo went to the trouble of looking this up, because the idea s/he knows Nazi policies by heart is a little too worrying to contemplate...

Blog Entries
    Most of my books on Nazi Germany aren't with me.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    The general rise of fascism in the 1930s is a period which should be studied in-depth in schools throughout the world.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    better yet study the anti-monarchist revolutions of the 1800s

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    The general rise of fascism in the 1930s is a period which should be studied in-depth in schools throughout the world.
    Such study could help one learn, for example, that the rise of fascism precedes the 30s.

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I'm half Jewish actually, so I couldn't necessarily take that for granted in the event of a real Fascist takeover. Probably wouldn't be first on the chopping block, but I wouldn't exactly be safe either.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I'm a strong believer in the idea of "rights must be able to defend scoundrels before they can defend anyone". Because if you want to erode human rights, first you can say they don't apply to people almost everyone can agree are scoundrels (neo-Nazis, the KKK, Alt-Right, etc). Then when the principle is sufficiently weakened, you can move on attacking other people you don't like.

Not a necessary slippery slope by any means, but it is worrying.
    No offense but banning hate speech doesn't make a country fall apart into slaughtering people that like cats over dogs

Banned

Blog Entries
    If the fascists have taken over prominent government positions, to whose advantage will it be if we tacitly permit political violence?

Banned
    a typically Republican fallacious argument, because political violence is inherent to fascism, there is no need for an "excuse" but every need for resistance

Fuckin' chicken grill!!! Kotonoha's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm pretty sure hate speech is illegal here but I'm not sure how much that's actually enforced

Blog Entries
    a typically Republican fallacious argument, because political violence is inherent to fascism, there is no need for an "excuse" but every need for resistance
    oh i see now

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    oh i see now
    I would rather hope you saw at the part where it's fascism and explicitly includes genocide and single party rule as among its goals

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kotonoha View Post
    I'm pretty sure hate speech is illegal here but I'm not sure how much that's actually enforced
    I think it's like you can't have white supremacist rallies or do Westboro Baptist Church type stuff but otherwise it's ehh

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Such study could help one learn, for example, that the rise of fascism precedes the 30s.
    I'll accept the chastisement. You're an asshole, but you're right. My mistake.