View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1033 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3353393398310231028103110321033103410351038104310831133 ... LastLast
Results 20,641 to 20,660 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Yeah pretty much what Royd said about that story. Though there's lots of fakery on the other side out there too, the comment was a general one. The internet loves baiting people with hoaxes.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    North Korea may have launched a missile at Japan. Missile apparently broke into three in travel and went over Japan.

https://twitter.com/dQE0g5lZlLriFcj/...83021386002432
    Last edited by Cruor; August 28th, 2017 at 06:24 PM.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Banned
    Relatedly, though it's from two weeks back
    http://www.atimes.com/article/china-...an-import-ban/

"The Commerce Ministry released a statement on Monday saying that all North Korea coal, iron, iron ore, lead, lead ore and seafood imports will be banned effectively on Tuesday, but goods that have already arrived at the ports will continue to be clear until September 5. China, which is North Korea’s largest trading partner, said the new package of bans are part of extensive UN sanctions aimed at North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un’s regime."
    Last edited by 2Bad; August 28th, 2017 at 06:39 PM.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bad View Post
    Relatedly, though it's from two weeks back
    http://www.atimes.com/article/china-...an-import-ban/

"The Commerce Ministry released a statement on Monday saying that all North Korea coal, iron, iron ore, lead, lead ore and seafood imports will be banned effectively on Tuesday, but goods that have already arrived at the ports will continue to be clear until September 5. China, which is North Korea’s largest trading partner, said the new package of bans are part of extensive UN sanctions aimed at North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un’s regime."
    That's actually really interesting. North Korea's days might be numbered if China starts to really crack down on them... (Assuming this isn't just a diplomatic show, of course)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    http://politicalcritique.org/cee/201...ampaign=buffer
    Interesting read. Eastern Europe is the new mystical Arabia.

- - - Updated - - -

It's

Not
    being a pedophile is 100% a okay as long as you don't act on the desires

or wait, is being a pedophile a choice now?
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neir View Post
    being a pedophile is 100% a okay as long as you don't act on the desires

or wait, is being a pedophile a choice now?
    I don't know enough to say whether to say it's a choice honestly, but if someone feels evil urges and is scrupulous enough to never act on them then it's not my place to lay blame.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I don't know enough to say whether to say it's a choice honestly, but if someone feels evil urges and is scrupulous enough to never act on them then it's not my place to lay blame.
    daily reminder that being gay was both evil and illegal

being sexually attracted to children is no more a choice than being sexually attracted to your own gender.

e: but to be clear, fucking kids is not cool. They are essentially incapable of informed consent.
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.

Blog Entries
    daily reminder that being gay was both evil and illegal

being sexually attracted to children is no more a choice than being sexually attracted to your own gender.

e: but to be clear, fucking kids is not cool. They are essentially incapable of informed consent.
    If we're going to play that game then I could point out that presenting homosexuality and pedophilia as on the same moral level was itself a time-honored tactic used to demonize gays. But again, my point isn't that you're wrong (and I even agree with you on the core issue that punishing someone for urges they don't act on is wrong) but that we simply don't know. I don't feel confident to say whether pedophilia is more akin to homosexuality (innate at least for all intents and purposes) or, say, liking redheads, people of a certain race of ethnic group, cute anime girls or any number of other sexual preferences and fetishes that presumably are "choices" insofar as anything is.

Blog Entries
    Uh, no. We do know, and it's not a game.

it absolutely is not a choice. It may not be the only thing a pedophile finds sexually attractive, but it is certainly not a choice.

it's not about morals, it's about an individual's emotional and physiological response.

Blog Entries
    If we're going to play that game then I could point out that presenting homosexuality and pedophilia as on the same moral level was itself a time-honored tactic used to demonize gays.
    He very clearly wasn't comparing them on a moral level if you bothered to fucking read.
    But again, my point isn't that you're wrong (and I even agree with you on the core issue that punishing someone for urges they don't act on is wrong) but that we simply don't know.
    Yes we do. Just because you never bothered to look into it doesn't mean others haven't. You're looking for a moral high horse where there is none to be had.

Blog Entries
    Uh, no. We do know, and it's not a game.

it absolutely is not a choice. It may not be the only thing a pedophile finds sexually attractive, but it is certainly not a choice.

it's not about morals, it's about an individual's emotional and physiological response.
    If you have studies showing this then it's fine.

I don't have a philosophical problem with what you're saying, but it's not by any means necessarily true. (Unless you're taking the road of denying any kind of preference is voluntary, but that's a different point altogether)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    Yes we do. Just because you never bothered to look into it doesn't mean others haven't. You're looking for a moral high horse where there is none to be had.
    How am I taking a moral high-horse if I admitted that Neir was 100% right on the actual moral issue (i.e what really matters). I was just critiquing the factual aspect, which was in fact irrelevant to the argument Neir was making.

Blog Entries
    I think it's also important to not equate people who fuck kids with pedophiles. Priests who have abused children, for example, are not generally pedophiles. Rather it's an opportunity for sexual exploitation where kids are just the easiest target.

Blog Entries
    I think it's also important to not equate people who fuck kids with pedophiles. Priests who have abused children, for example, are not generally pedophiles. Rather it's an opportunity for sexual exploitation where kids are just the easiest target.
    That's very true. I was thinking of bringing it up myself, but the context wasn't really right.

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    And what, precisely, have we dastardly Dems concocted to frame you? Or are you going with Charlottesville Was A False Flag angle?
    E:
    It's a fair question, yes? If stories that are too perfect and must be dismissed are so frequent, you must have a significant amount of examples for the left. There are scores of falsified right wing propaganda stories we could all name.
    One such hoax occurred in December when an 18-year-old Muslim woman reported being attacked by a group of men on a New York subway who called her a terrorist and tried to yank off her hijab. She later recanted and told police she had invented the story because she was having trouble with her family. In another episode around that time, swastikas and the words “HEIL TRUMP” written on a church in Bean Blossom, Indiana, were discovered to have been spray-painted by the organist of the church.
    Fake hate crimes have a huge impact despite their rarity, said Ryan Lenz, senior investigative writer for the Southern Poverty Law Center Intelligence Project. “There aren’t many people claiming fake hate crimes, but when they do, they make massive headlines,” he said. It takes just one fake report, Lenz said, “to undermine the legitimacy of other hate crimes.” An examination of what occurred at St. Olaf shows how that can happen.
    https://www.propublica.org/article/when-hate-meets-hoax

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Puerto Rico has sworn in its statehood delegation
    http://thehill.com/latino/346633-pue...nal-delegation
    Good for them. Too bad they're going be laughed right out of there. Just like when DC tries.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    Well, plus it's awkward because it's not like they have an independence mandate to begin with, the last referendum on the matter was boycotted by the status quo party; so I'm not seeing any particular reason Congress should honor the request to begin with.
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Good for them. Too bad they're going be laughed right out of there. Just like when DC tries.
    DC is a special case per the Constitution. The Tennessee Plan has succeeded most times it has been tried through history. That's not a guarantee, mind, but it is also not impossible by any means.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    Well, plus it's awkward because it's not like they have an independence mandate to begin with, the last referendum on the matter was boycotted by the status quo party; so I'm not seeing any particular reason Congress should honor the request to begin with.
    The boycott was a stupid move that just handed victory to the statehood bloc. Yes, the opposition can quibble about mandate but it's a transparent move to get around the fact that they were going to lose because statehood has consistently grown in support every referendum.

Blog Entries
    Then they can face the roses as they will in a referendum or general election, I'm not really particular on how they resolve it internally; but until they do resolve it conclusively I don't feel any need to prejudge the matter.
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Banned
    I mean they had a referendum and instead of facing it attempted to scuttle it. They decided they can't win electorally so they are attempting a procedural disruption.

Blog Entries
    Hence the even more inevitable fate of facing it in a general election, I don't particularly mind the exact method.