View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1091 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 91591991104110811086108910901091109210931096110111411191 ... LastLast
Results 21,801 to 21,820 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like the industry that covered his ass so he wouldn't negatively affect any current projects cares mostly about how it will damage their profits, weird how that works.
    Isn't that what I just said?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    I remembered the details wrong but: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/we...n-9167520.html
    Ok, that was funny. I mean, not the incident, but the article.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    I don't quite understand what you want to tell me here, a guy under 6 meters of distance with a knife is bad news even if you have a gun? Yes, they aren't harmless, and have a sharp edge, sometimes a pointy end.
    Generally speaking if somebody comes at you with a knife they're not gonna do it from way down the street, which is where the moral/physical implications come in - shooting someone not in self defence is straight up murder, but by the time they're actually coming at you you're probably dead.

Which is why knives are a particular problem for police, notably in the UK.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't really want to do armchair police tactics here but the fact that you can keep risk free distance of 20 meters with a knife and not with a gun and thus do not have to shoot someone reaching for a knife immediately as you would have to do with a gun is the point that makes cops less twitchy, isn't it
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Lol if they have a knife just keep 20 meters away

Lol if they have a gun just get cover dude, q/e peek don't stay still dude

A/D crouch

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    If real life was an FPS it'd be a lot more brown
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Knife mains are stupid, they're susceptible to zoning and their overall DPS is horrible with pathetic burst damage compared to other ganking builds. But that doesn't mean you can't get a good KDR as a knife main. Once you look at knife builds in isolation, instead of focusing on their peers on the PvP tier list, you can make a strong case for their effectiveness. Unlike firearm builds, knife builds scale very well with STR, and have nearly unparalleled scaling with DEX. A high level knife build can put out very high DPS, and their critical multiplier and perks from their base stats can make them explosively dangerous. Knife builds are also, by default, silent. This makes them a lot more versatile than firearm builds, and they generate a lot less aggro from standard police and even rare spawns like SWAT. A well specced knife PvP build will utterly obliterate an unsuspecting PvE player in contested territory or even in a city, all while drawing little attention from the NPCs that are supposed to prevent this kind of ingame griefing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Knife mains are stupid, they're susceptible to zoning and their overall DPS is horrible with pathetic burst damage compared to other ganking builds. But that doesn't mean you can't get a good KDR as a knife main. Once you look at knife builds in isolation, instead of focusing on their peers on the PvP tier list, you can make a strong case for their effectiveness. Unlike firearm builds, knife builds scale very well with STR, and have nearly unparalleled scaling with DEX. A high level knife build can put out very high DPS, and their critical multiplier and perks from their base stats can make them explosively dangerous. Knife builds are also, by default, silent. This makes them a lot more versatile than firearm builds, and they generate a lot less aggro from standard police and even rare spawns like SWAT. A well specced knife PvP build will utterly obliterate an unsuspecting PvE player in contested territory or even in a city, all while drawing little attention from the NPCs that are supposed to prevent this kind of ingame griefing.
    I love you

unironically
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Blog Entries
    Breakfast and lunch are $29 and $39 respectively
    I'll get some Greggs instead, thanks

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Knives are also mostly a surprise attack weapon. Sheath it and you're just an NPC until you decide to get your backstab damage in.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ngham-41953644

Paramedics say they have been left shocked by a note left on an ambulance windscreen telling them not to block a driveway.The note read: "You may be saving lives but don't park your van in a stupid place and block my drive."
    :|

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    "why does anyone care about X when bad thing Y also happens"

it basically applies to everything
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    sorry to the thread, because I know this is bait, but, you are perfectly aware, this is not a serious question
    no, this is actually the question because I genuinely do not get it

is it just nationalistic (not even sure if this is the appropriate word here) pride? do people feel like an attack on the country they live in is an attack on them personally?

If this is the case, why don't people get more worked up when shit happens here?

Not bait.

for reference, I was not mad when the twin towers fell. I didn't really give a shit, even while they were showing it on tv. I know it's weird, because a friend of mine who was sitting behind me that I'd been talking to (it was chemistry, 9th grade, first period) said 'why are you making jokes? do you not get what's going on?'

If this is about people being hypocrites, just say so. I can accept that. If there's some other reason, I want to understand it.

e: to clarify, there was a tv in the room we were in and it was on the planes hitting - I THINK the second plane hit while the class was watching?
    Last edited by Neir; November 12th, 2017 at 04:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

Blog Entries
    Because just short of 3,000 people dying from one attack by a foreign entity is a lot more shocking than reading about one person being murdered.

Also it's silly to say 9/11 is fetishized, it'd be like me saying Jews fetishize the holocaust.

Blog Entries
    9/11 was a Big Deal because it shook America's sense of invulnerability. It symbolized the end of the golden years of the 80s and 90s.

Blog Entries
    Because just short of 3,000 people dying from one attack by a foreign entity is a lot more shocking than reading about one person being murdered.

Also it's silly to say 9/11 is fetishized, it'd be like me saying Jews fetishize the holocaust.
    imo they do, although it's hard to point to many other global events that wipe out huge numbers of a specific people

and those people tend to be sensitive about that, too, like the armenians

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    9/11 was a Big Deal because it shook America's sense of invulnerability. It symbolized the end of the golden years of the 80s and 90s.
    so it's not actually about the people who died? I'm not judging here, because that makes perfect sense. It just is never the spoken argument.

e: i forgot i have to turn off multiquotes lol

ee: also, it's literally insane to compare the magnitude of the holocaust to 9/11
    Last edited by Neir; November 12th, 2017 at 05:49 PM.
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.

Blog Entries
    I didn't compare magnitudes.

Blog Entries
    I didn't compare magnitudes.
    this is correct

Let me rephrase

It's hard to compare the two events DUE to the differences in magnitude

This is not to say that the cultural and sociological significance is measured in the same way, I get that. But what I don't quite get is that shouldn't magnitude be somewhat linked to significance?

e: just let me also say i know there's some holes here, and i'm thinking of them, but it's hard to have this kind of discussion in a forum format instead of live, so if you see a hole, just point it out instead of expanding into a strawman
    Last edited by Neir; November 12th, 2017 at 05:58 PM.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    9/11 was a Big Deal because it shook America's sense of invulnerability.
    I thought Pearl Harbour did that.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Blog Entries
    If you don't get it already you'll never get it because at this point it's a matter of having empathy or not, and nobody can explain empathy to someone that doesn't feel it.

I think it's more than empathy, but yeah this discussion isn't going to be more fruitful I think