View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1133 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 1336331033108311231128113111321133113411351138114311831233 ... LastLast
Results 22,641 to 22,660 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Preserving nature but unironically.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    there's literally nothing you can do lol
    Lol, ofc there is. Even if it's just busting out popcorn and sitting down to enjoy the show. Otherwise, complaints about the state of the world have as much value as complaints about the color of the sky.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Just be part of the panopticon my dude

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    maybe if contemporary first world governments weren't massive biopolitical regimes of exception with command of a tech-driven panopticon and war machines worth tens, hundreds of billions of dollars, the outcomes of elections wouldn't be such a life-or-death scenario for people
    TIL I live in a third world country
    #firstworldproblems
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Blog Entries
    i guess this is news worthy, but the clip of maga kids vs native americans in kentucky or whatever and a day later (so, today?) the full video showing black israelites being the racists, the kids not being in the wrong, and the native americans trying to diffuse the situation by harassing the maga kids or something -- anyway, what's more is now how it seems to have been coordinated and set up to play out that way on multiple outlets and that it worked, too

that mother at the end though, mvp (she just noped right out of there)
    Last edited by Historia; January 21st, 2019 at 12:47 AM.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Context, please?

It is always good citizenry to harass maga kids.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Is this what you were talking about, Gally? Because it seems like the opposite of what you were saying.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Is this what you were talking about, Gally? Because it seems like the opposite of what you were saying.
    you linked the clip that was first circulated. watch that, then watch this full video posted the day after.

LMAO who has 1 hour 46 minutes and 18 seconds to watch this TL;DR USA sucks don't go there.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    LMAO who has 1 hour 46 minutes and 18 seconds to watch this
    Not journalists it seems.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    tbf, the black israelites were being racist to everyone, but, i suppose the native americans tried to diffuse (defuse? english is hard guys) the situation by confronting the maga kids because they were the majority, despite not the ones causing the ruckus in the first place

Uh sorry I try to like pay attention and give my objective take on this very complex and morally layered situation but then I see the word formation 'maga kids' and my brain goes like whrrrrrrrrrr

Blog Entries
    My least favorite Saturday morning cartoon if I’m being honest

Blog Entries
    LMAO who has 1 hour 46 minutes and 18 seconds to watch this TL;DR USA sucks don't go there.
    you don't need to watch the full thing, but the full thing is there if you want to watch it.

tl;dr don't go anywhere, everywhere sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Skull View Post
    Not journalists it seems.
    no, that's the thing: some of them did, but all their posts were deleted / buried by the clip you originally posted and it was only after the damage was done (the kids in the video getting their reputations ruined and the hate pot being stirred further) that the full video came to light

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Historia View Post
    no, that's the thing: some of them did, but all their posts were deleted / buried by the clip you originally posted and it was only after the damage was done (the kids in the video getting their reputations ruined and the hate pot being stirred further) that the full video came to light
    Indeed. Fake news is problematic by itself, but when the kids got doxed and people are calling for violence then it's reached a whole new level of insane.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    Uh sorry I try to like pay attention and give my objective take on this very complex and morally layered situation but then I see the word formation 'maga kids' and my brain goes like whrrrrrrrrrr
    you don't have to apologize lol, i didn't watch the full thing either -- from what i watched, it was a shit-show and disappointment for everyone involved

i should just move to canada

- - - Updated - - -

here, from reddit (ugh, i know wrryyyy):

Just a general info: More and more journalists now admit they acted too quickly portraying the event: https://twitter.com/MeghanMcCain/sta...01390869139459

(1) yesterday a picture of a kid with a MAGA hat infront of a native american showed up, and the story that he had harassed this man while his fellow classmates chanted "Build the wall"

(2) Ca. 10 hours later more videos showed up, giving more context and also disproving the previous accusations. Never were the words "build the wall" heard, and the kid who was accused of harassment just stood still and smiled the whole time. The old native guy also actually walked up to the group, and positiond himself directly in front of the kid, drumming in his face

(3) Then it turned out there was a third "faction" on scene. So called "Black Isrealites", a bit of a strange group that had actually harassed the school kids way earlier. They had called black classmates "n-word", hat threatened them with "there will be no peace until blood is shed". They also called the class "faggots"

The classmates defended themselves with this group, and in the back-and-forth the native american guy showed up, drumming in that boys face

Video evidence:

Black isrealites call black schoolkids n-word: https://twitter.com/Alynn7513/status...02144815210498

"There will be no peace before your blood is shed!":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3EC1_gcr34#t=1h27m00s

Native american guy walks up to the schoolboys, isnt surrounded by them: https://twitter.com/mariajudy_/statu...81831804674048
    1st. The boys were being harassed by the group of Black Israelites.

Video Evidence 1 start at 1:07:00 mark

Video Evidence 2 - https://twitter.com/JoeySalads/statu...452809216?s=19

I don't hear the boys calling the Black Israelites names. But I do hear the four African-Americans calling the group "incest babies," "goddamn dogs," "crackers" and the n-word. In response to the insults the high school boys condemn the use of the slurs.

2nd. The native american group approached the boys. The boys were there waiting doing their own thing.

Video Evidence 3 - https://my.mixtape.moe/jeexfy.webm

Video Evidence 1 start at 1:12:00 mark

3rd. Contrary to the news stories that suggest the boys surrounded the native american group that was minding its own business, The native american group admits they approached the boys intentionally, but their purported reasons for approaching the boys differ.

According to Nathan Phillips, he approached the group because he thought they were "taunting the dispersing indigenous crowd."

Phillips, who was singing the American Indian Movement song that serves as a ceremony to send the spirits home, said he noticed tensions beginning to escalate when the teens and other apparent participants from the nearby March for Life rally began taunting the dispersing indigenous crowd.

According to Kaya Taitano, a student at the University of the District of Columbia who participated in the march and shot the videos, he approached the group to allegedly help "defuse the situation" between the high school group and the black Israelites.

Taitano said the whole incident started when the teens and four young African-Americans, who'd been preaching about the Bible nearby, started yelling and calling each other names. It got pretty intense, Taitano said, so Nathan Phillips, an elder with the Omaha tribe, started playing his drum and chanting what she was told was a healing prayer, to help defuse the situation.

Note, the Indigenous Peoples' March had already ended.

It’ll start Friday with an 8 a.m. gathering and prayer outside the Building of Interior Affairs, at 1849 C St. NW. Then, the march will go east on C Street, south on 18th Street and cross to Constitution Avenue, ending in a 10 a.m. rally at Henry Bacon Park, north of the Lincoln Memorial between Henry Bacon Drive and 23rd Street Northwest.

A map of the route. http://oi65.tinypic.com/2r3e3qr.jpg As you can see, the march ends more than 500 ft north of the Lincoln Memorial and in fact, had already ended before the incident occurred.

4th. The boys chant along with the Native American group because they think the native american group was participating.

In the midst of our cheers, we were approached by a group of adults led by Nathan Phillips with Phillips beating his drum. ... We initially thought this was a cultural display since he was beating along to our cheers and so we clapped to the beat.

Video Evidence 4 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVvp...youtu.be&t=415

5th. the Boys slowly realize that the native american group isn't friendly towards them given the in your face drumming and another member of the native american group telling them "white people go back to Europe. This isn't your land."

Video Evidence 5 - https://mobile.twitter.com/brad_goho...956042753?s=21

Video Evidence 6 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npX8...=youtu.be&t=95
    also:

Philips' story has changed radically. Initially he told WaPo that

“ he felt threatened by the teens and that they swarmed around him as he and other activists were wrapping up the march and preparing to leave.... It was getting ugly, and I was thinking: ‘I’ve got to find myself an exit out of this situation and finish my song at the Lincoln Memorial,’ ” Phillips recalled. “I started going that way, and that guy in the hat stood in my way, and we were at an impasse. He just blocked my way and wouldn’t allow me to retreat.”

The next day he told freep, AP, WaPo again and NYT the exact opposite. none of the publications have called him out on it.

But on Sunday, Mr. Phillips clarified that it was he who had approached the crowd and that he had intervened because racial tensions — primarily between the white students and the black men... “I stepped in between to pray,” Mr. Phillips said.... Together, they headed into the center of the students, creating a sort of prayer circle.... “We chose to go over there,” he said

"They were in the process of attacking these four black individuals," Phillip said. "I was there and I was witnessing all of this ... As this kept on going on and escalating, it just got to a point where you do something or you walk away, you know?

The students had a "mob mentality" that "was scary," Phillips said. "It was ugly, what these kids were involved in. It was racism. It was hatred. It was scary."

"There was that moment when I realized I've put myself between beast and prey," Phillips said. "These young men were beastly and these old black individuals was their prey, and I stood in between them and so they needed their pounds of flesh and they were looking at me for that."

This is his current position, that he stepped in to defuse the situation. and the situation was that the kids were harassing the 4 black men and about to attack them.

Something not being talked about is the fact that Mr Phillips does not share the recent widespread condemnation of the Black Hebrew Israelites, a hate group. just the opposite:

"The Black Israelites, they were saying some harsh things, but some of it was true, too," Phillips said. "These young, white American kids who were being taught in their Catholic school, their doctrine, their truth, and when they found out there's more truth out there than what they're being taught, they were offended, they were insulted, they were scared, and that's how they responded

These kids got violent when they couldnt handle the Black Israelites' TRUTH. I wonder which parts of the Black Israelites performance Mr. Phillips found "harsh" and which was the truth

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...eo/2630256002/

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/20/u...covington.html
    Last edited by Historia; January 21st, 2019 at 10:18 AM.

*me striking vogue poses to repetitions of the words 'MAGA Hats' and 'ProLife Protest'*

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    Thass wacist!

- - - Updated - - -

I, too, fail to take this seriously, every time I read "black israelis" I just laugh
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.