View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1178 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 1786781078112811681173117611771178117911801183118812281278 ... LastLast
Results 23,541 to 23,560 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Identity politics can't really be divorced from actual politics, though. That's sort of the whole point.
    I'll just leave it here. Read it, or continue to be a blood-sucking liberal.

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/ope...ampire-castle/
    Check out the officialTM Create-a-Servant discord server

Blindfold your eyes, so that the approaching night may strike no fear in you.
    Let it not burden your soul, nor numb your strides.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    Ok, it's there.

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Jews seem to be singular group for whom this sort of argument ever gets made.
    So, as an actual Jew, let me try to honestly explain this.

Yeah, Jews tend to be very... I can't really think of a word for it. We tend to be the punching bag of this kind of thing, tbh. Generally speaking, antisemitism has been on the rise as of late, and it also has been massively minimized, with people reaching over backwards to justify it. I've gotten into arguments about nazis that degenerated in the most absolute "BUT THE NAZIS WEREN'T THAT BAD" bullshit, to the point nowadays I feel like fucking retching the moment the argument starts to come up. It's impressive how people don't even realize they've transitioned into making actual neo-nazi apologist speeches mid-argument when they got carried away.

So yes, I'm not very enthused about the dismissal regarding Corbyn's antisemitism.

At the same time, he's still the lesser of evils in the UK AFAIK, that can possible get anywhere, that is.

Sure, I don't like Corbyn. He's very much a dinosaur with a more sovietic view on stuff. He'd still be much better than BoJo (and also if you said BoJo isn't antisemitic, I'd probably laugh in your face. Trust me, much like Trump, these kind of people tend to be White Supremacist jackoffs and hate anything not white and christian. Only the level of discretion varies.). His policies, at least economically, would be much more sane than anything Neoliberal, and anything that tries to work to undo the privatized hell that the UK has become.

In fact, I feel about Corbyn the same way I felt about Chavez and I feel about Maduro. I don't like them at all, Chavez also had some antisemitic expressions iirc, although I might be misremembering that one (and shitting on Israel isn't quite the same thing as antisemitism, mind you. God knows I shit on the Nazi disguised as a Jew that's governing that place), but either way, they were and are the lesser evil. Implementing neoliberal policies with all the adjustment that means in Venezuela would be nothing short of genocide, period.

See, there's also another whole dimension that you have to consider here once seen from the point of view of a third-worlder like me, which is actually similar to what asterism and SpoonyViking were talking about a few posts above mine. To put it simply, right now Trump has openly backed a White Supremacist dictatorship in Bolivia that entered the Government with zero democracy involved, with the use of force, that has savagely repressed it's own population and whose police has gone in an absolute rampage, murdering, arresting, disappearing people, and raping indigenous women. In fact, the whole dictatorship has a lot to do with kicking down the native-americans back to the last rung in society where they were before Evo Morales happened.

Oh yeah, and remember Chile? Whose President is also heavily backed by the USA, like y'know, Bolsonaro? And the Colombian asshole? But more importantly, Chile's police also went into an absolute rampage which included raping women. I'm 100% sure someone like Rodyle (if he can even speak without choking on brit cum, mind you), with all of his self-proclaimed SJW credentials, would jump in if he could and somehow attempt to justify the rape of those women by forces backed by the US through an argument that'd somehow imply that it doesn't matter as long as it doesn't happen in the First World. Or say that there's nothing people can do about that, which is false because people have their votes, at the very least.

I could continue on and on about this stuff but the point is that, to me, as in, from a POV that isn't First World-centric a few antisemitic comments, while it makes me loathe the person, matter very little to how important is for places like LatAm to have more people in charge over there that aren't taking Neoliberalism's schlong in the ass, to be crass.

Hence why I'd be willing to look away from that, even if Corbyn's comments disgust me.
    Last edited by RacingeR; December 18th, 2019 at 01:36 AM.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    On the Jewish Question, Is anti-Judaism (based on anti-Religion in general) the same as anti-Semitism?

Blog Entries
    As in opposition to the existence of the religion itself vs. opposition to the people who practice it or identify with it culturally?
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    Well, the former, since I was referring to Marx's own apparent anti-semitism.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamerad View Post
    On the Jewish Question, [...]
    Please, don't. You had a myriad of ways of phrasing your question, you absolutely didn't need to use the exact terminology employed by racists since the 19th century.

As to your actual question, I'm reminded of an episode of House where one of the characters (a woman, specifically) excuses the protagonist by saying (somewhat paraphrased, probably) "Nice try, but you're not a misogynist, you're a misanthrope", and I thought: no, he's absolutely a misogynist and a racist in addition to being a misanthrope because all of his insults (and a fair number of statements in general) toward women are sexual in nature, and all of his insults (and a fair number of statements in general) toward blacks and Asians (at least) are racial in nature.

So yes, while you're not necessarily anti-semitic if you oppose religion in general, you absolutely can be an anti-semite in addition to being anti-religion.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; December 18th, 2019 at 01:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    I'd have to say no, that opposing Judaism simply because you oppose religion isn't antisemitism. Otherwise, having any religious beliefs other than Judaism or ambivalence could be construed as antisemitism. However, it's a hard call due to how inextricably linked the religion is with the culture and ethnicity in the public eye. It's an interesting question, imo.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Please, don't. You had a myriad of ways of phrasing your question, you absolutely didn't need to use the exact terminology employed by racists since the 19th century.

As to your actual question, I'm reminded of an episode of House where one of the characters (a woman, specifically) excuses the protagonist by saying (somewhat paraphrased, probably) "Nice try, but you're not a mysoginist, you're a misanthrope", and I thought: no, he's absolutely a mysoginist and a racist in addition to being a misanthrope because all of his insults (and a fair number of statements in general) toward women are sexual in nature, and all of his insults (and a fair number of statements in general) toward blacks and Asians (at least) are racial in nature.

So yes, while you're not necessarily anti-semitic if you oppose religion in general, you absolutely can be an anti-semite in addition to being anti-religion.
    *misogyny, misogynist
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Damn, I mix that up sometimes. Thanks!

lol owned

US Friend Code
    Well boys, looks like we be needing a new poll
    "Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

So close, yet so far

e: i misunderstood the definition of impeachment, fuck yeah i called it (maybe idk i'm confused)
    Last edited by Toa of Gallifrey; December 18th, 2019 at 10:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    tfw no Fate/One
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    How do I get into type moon.

watch prisma illya. If your amused or aroused, keep going.

if you are disconcerted or want to call the FBI, run away
    Quote Originally Posted by weeblord View Post
    Curse those 15 year old girls *shakes fist angrily*

Blog Entries
    lol I forgot this thread had a poll
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    The next question is: will he be removed from office?

US Friend Code
    I doubt it, it's not so long until elections and I'm sure they would try to delay it as long as possible. Which I think they have already made steps to.

- - - Updated - - -

"Only in my company, will you not be a monster"

anywhere than here

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Nah, he'll stay in, because to remove him would require the Republican senators to admit that they were wrong about him when they defended him during all of the last three years of horrible behaviour.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    Nah, he'll stay in, because to remove him would require the Republican senators to admit that they were wrong about him when they defended him during all of the last three years of horrible behaviour.
    Trump is no different than any other Republican, past and present. He just posts crass tweets.

Blog Entries
    Drumpft impeached on Stalin's birthday? Based.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    He's different in that he has no idea he's supposed to downplay or hide his more horrid behaviours.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.