View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 607 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 1075075575976026056066076086096126176577071107 ... LastLast
Results 12,121 to 12,140 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Draconic View Post
    Also, the next time you imply that I'm stupid, GayBeamu, we will have a problem. I would never start anything, just know that you're making an enemy for an incredibly idiotic reason.
    went a bit farther than implying

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Why do you people insist on insulting me? Seriously. Do I have donkey ears or something?
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hymn of Ragnarok View Post
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    went a bit farther than implying
    Please don't post here at all if you're going to spend 90% of your time getting into your dump slapfight
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

US Friend Code
    194,434,580 - IGN Ritsuka
    Blog Entries
    Am I somehow trolling without realizing it?

At the very least, I know that you care about my opinion. Otherwise you wouldn't bother attacking me for it. Which is strange, considering we share the same one!
    The only real difference here is that I'm a newer face.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you Seikeo. And I'll readily acknowledge that I'm far from blameless here too.
    Likes attention, shiny objects, and... a ball of yarn?
    F/GO Supports

I joined two years too late...
    That makes me think of Rin as a loan shark.
    Admittedly, she'd probably be the hottest loan shark you'll ever meet. She'd probably make you smile as she sucked you dry.

Oh dear, that doesn't sound like yuri at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Techlet View Post
    Not with that attitude.

Banned
    my kingdom for the FSB agent

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bridgeburner View Post
    Basically, to make a relevant example, mAc is angry at the GoP establishment for making years of promises on certain issues which were never actualised. And brexit happens because every single guy with some clout in the UK has been saying for decades that Europe is the devil and the UK is being held prisoner. And, guess what, political systems do actually get legitimatised "just from words."
    Since Strife hasn't taken this up, I will, for all that we eventually disagree on the actual question of Europe.

At this point you're taking your "the British establishment hates Europe" thing too far. New Labour were unabashedly pro-Europe and even pro-Euro for a long time: the latter was one of few things I remember coming close to touching their popularity during Blair's first term. And there's no way to arguing that New Labour went unsupported by the establishment in lots of ways, especially the media. Major newspapers ranging from The Sun to The Times to The Economist came out for them at successive elections. One of Brown's notable election gaffes was to (probably rightly) call a Rotherham granny complaining about Eastern European immigration bigoted.

If Euroscepticism has become de rigeur, if even defences of it have to be qualified, then it's not because that's been totally drummed into us ex nihilo. It's because there's an original and genuine feeling of wariness and disconnexion, which the media have far more been made to reflect than they've induced themselves. Perhaps it's fuelled by a misguided sense of British exceptionalism, or self-importance, or nationalism, or whatever. Perhaps it's not well-founded or rational (though the Greek crisis in the wake of the recession provoked much smugness in various quarters about our electorate's continuously sceptical approach to the Euro). But you can't just keep repeating this idea that we'd all be in love with the obvious wonders of Europe if we just hadn't been subjected to brainwashing. It's just not the case.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Banned
    ah, the south

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    Well maybe Carson but he's black so he had no chance.
    I'm still amazed how thoroughly he managed to utterly disappoint me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

JP Friend Code
    お林
    Blog Entries
    I just got my mail-in ballot today. wow that's a lot of referendums

guess I'll be buying ammo online from out of state from now on.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-37654666

In which snake oil is sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Thailand's Crown Prince Maha Vajiralongkorn wants his coronation held off for at least a year, government officials say."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-37670834

"China is to launch two men into orbit on Monday morning as it continues to develop its ability to explore space."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-37670842

"Angry Haitians looted aid trucks as the UN secretary general visited parts of the country hit by Hurricane Matthew, which killed 900 people."
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-37670313
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    School Wars, Episode VII: The University Awakens

Continuing from the previous episode, the Dean of my school had been forced by the University Chancellor and the Senate to retire.

And yet, the situation has not improved one bit. The Chancellor replaced the old Dean with the man's former right-hand as the temporary Dean. AND, against the both University and Faculty law, the Senate removed all the former vice-deans and installed new ones, people loyal to the new temp-dean and the Chancellor Boras.

The new Dean's Collegium, forced upon the Faculty against the law, continues to refuse to let student representatives attend and participate in Faculty Council meetings. This, by the Faculty and University law, makes any such meeting null and void, and yet the Chancellor's puppets insist on breaking the law to enforce his will.
    This is not a mere show of force - the Chancellor is tied to his home Faculty, and needs the Faculty Council to extend his tenure this year so he can continue to be the University Chancellor.
    Current Faculty Council is hostile to Chancellor Boras and his few supporters, hence them doing anything in their power to bypass the rules.

Meanwhile similar corruption affairs have flared up on another Faculty - that of Textile Technologies and Design, with another potential uprising brewing on the School of Croatian Studies.

Unlawful moves by the Chancellor in dissolving my school's Student Union have also opened a Pandora's box of legal clusterfuck; ten other Faculties of Zagreb University are technically in breach of rules about student representatives quotas, as are a dozen other Faculties across the country.

On Tuesday there will be a major meeting of the Student Assembly, with the main topic of discussion - shall we boycott the school?

Stay tuned.
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    School Wars, Episode VII: The University Awakens

Continuing from the previous episode, the Dean of my school had been forced by the University Chancellor and the Senate to retire.

And yet, the situation has not improved one bit. The Chancellor replaced the old Dean with the man's former right-hand as the temporary Dean. AND, against the both University and Faculty law, the Senate removed all the former vice-deans and installed new ones, people loyal to the new temp-dean and the Chancellor Boras.

The new Dean's Collegium, forced upon the Faculty against the law, continues to refuse to let student representatives attend and participate in Faculty Council meetings. This, by the Faculty and University law, makes any such meeting null and void, and yet the Chancellor's puppets insist on breaking the law to enforce his will.
    This is not a mere show of force - the Chancellor is tied to his home Faculty, and needs the Faculty Council to extend his tenure this year so he can continue to be the University Chancellor.
    Current Faculty Council is hostile to Chancellor Boras and his few supporters, hence them doing anything in their power to bypass the rules.

Meanwhile similar corruption affairs have flared up on another Faculty - that of Textile Technologies and Design, with another potential uprising brewing on the School of Croatian Studies.

Unlawful moves by the Chancellor in dissolving my school's Student Union have also opened a Pandora's box of legal clusterfuck; ten other Faculties of Zagreb University are technically in breach of rules about student representatives quotas, as are a dozen other Faculties across the country.

On Tuesday there will be a major meeting of the Student Assembly, with the main topic of discussion - shall we boycott the school?

Stay tuned.
    As interesting as this is to read about, it's ultimately pretty depressing that this is basically putting your (and many others') education on hold. Kind of like what Bridge said, I don't quite get why there's so much petty politics surrounding a university of all things... but maybe I'm uninformed as to what really goes on at universities! And, if I'm remembering right, you also mentioned something about religion in the mix, in the beginning at least.

Could make for an interesting book when all's over with, though.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Money. Lots of it.

There's this little thing that the current Chancellor and his pals embezzled millions upon millions of euros while he was the Dean of the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, and he wants to keep loyal people running to school so no official administrative or judicial process is started.

The other reason is that the Catholic Church loves power and control, and this synergy of their wish to spread into the secular education and the Chancellor's personal interests have created a perfect storm.

Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )

Blog Entries
    Well, uh, wow.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

Blog Entries
    I mean the Chancellor literally got his title thanks to making a deal with the Church: people from the Faculty of Theology in the Uni Senate would vote for him, if he 'delivers' my school to the Church ( the double-major programme that would benefit students from the FoT, mentioned in one of the earlier episodes ).

Corruption, nepotism, lust for power and prestige, Church spreading it's tentacles into the Uni through shady closed-door meetings, lots of money at stake, students and teachers rising against abuse of power... you have it all.

Blog Entries
    I'd say "write a book" again but Dan Brown might get angry at you for trespassing on his turf.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I'm so unobservant, I didn't realize I had been snake bit.

huh.

im fine, (probably)

but still, how did I miss that.

not sure if general discussion or random thoughts, but whatever. Sue me.
    following up on this, in fine, and since I must have had a three foot snake between my legs, I'm also happy it didn't bite me in the balls.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    a three foot snake between my legs
    Wow, somebody's cocky.