View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 831 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 3317317818218268298308318328338368418819311331 ... LastLast
Results 16,601 to 16,620 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Banned
    Religious tests are illegal as is the subversion of due process.

Blog Entries
    I don't get where the fear comes from. Like, that one lady they featured on that Today segment earlier today, who seemed like a decently reasonable person even if she has different viewpoints than I do, right up until the point where she started going on about how not only does she support the travel ban, she thinks we should shut down all immigration from everywhere until we "figure out what's going on" because she doesn't want "someone moving in next door who's going to blow up Erie."

Like, how does a human brain reach the conclusion that terrorists infiltrating the united states to attack fucking Erie, Pennsylvania of all places is a scenario that was ever even remotely plausible.

- - - Updated - - -

Like, the irony of all this is that if there is a major attack on American soil perpetrated by a foreign entity it's almost certainly going to be in one of those east/west coast strongholds of liberal elitism that Trump supporters seem to hate so much.

Banned
    The periphery has no concept that their existence is entirely funded due to and indeed protected by the cultural and economic centers.

JP Friend Code
    http://forums.nrvnqsr.com
    Blog Entries
    I actually think the travel ban's bullshit too (shocker), not because no terrorists will be getting in but because if you're letting in one bad person for every thousand good people, you're still helping more folks than you're harming. That's why I was and still am fully behind Trudeau's whole plan to bring in refugees. Besides, if we're talking likelihood of doing something crazy and violent, Rodyle's way more potentially dangerous than some starving Syrians.

Wall's still gotta go up though. No excuse to not have control over your own border. You can't help anyone if you can't even help yourselves.

Banned
    Yes that wall that's definitely going to be built would definitely stop undocumented immigrants because those definitely mostly come over the border secretly and not legally then overstaying their visas. Also immigration, like murder and crime in general, has increased annually nonstop and not gone down.

Blog Entries
    Also crime will stop because only immigrants commit crimes, not fine upstanding white christians
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I don't really think illegal immigrants are worse people than legals, but they're still illegal and that's still not okay no matter how shitty Mexico might be. The wall may not be an optimal solution to the problem of poor border security, but it's a start and I appreciate the intent behind it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    I don't really think illegal immigrants are worse people than legals, but they're still illegal and that's still not okay no matter how shitty Mexico might be. The wall may not be an optimal solution to the problem of poor border security, but it's a start and I appreciate the intent behind it.
    i appreciate trying to fix a broken immigration system, i don't appreciate a fucking waste of money that actual experts say won't actually help.

honestly we do need a bigger ICE force and to actually take action against people. But not literally everyone.
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The wall is going to do jack shit because a lot of illegal border crossings go through tunnels these days. Might as well patrol the border with a herd of white elephants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    They'd probably be better for the environment and the economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloble View Post
    It's not just non-optimal, it's literally worthless. It won't actually stop anyone, it'd be enormously expensive, funding would be cut the moment the parties switch place again, people would be blowing it sky high constantly, most illegals cross legally and just overstay...

JP Friend Code
    Both the ban and the wall are beyond any legal or ethical issues not practical solutions to the problems they supposedly solve. They pour money into a massive vacuum that produces no good for the country except making people who don't know better feel good about them. Same is true of the war on drugs, the expansion of incarceration. No practical good, but people get to sit back and clap their hands and feel like it was good.
    ASTOLFO. IS. BEST. GIRL.
    Jeanne is... also best girl and Jeanne Alter is EVEN MORE also best girl.

Blog Entries
    I'm just waiting for trump to sign an executive order mandating Americans to buy ivanka's garbage to keep America safe

Banned
    I'd additionally note the hypocrisy involved with claiming that a wall between US and Mexico is needed... when you're Canadian.

Blog Entries
    See Rodyle, you missed the post where bloble said there should be a wall between the us and canada

JP Friend Code
    Also while the executive branch is in sole command and control of barring/not barring in that sense, Trump stated repeatedly and clearly that it was a Muslim ban. In terms of court decisions his statements matter, because intent matters in law. Whether or not he wrote the executive order with muslim in the ban, he is on record as repeatedly saying he was going to try and ban Muslims. That's bad for him, and now made worse by his outbursts.

No matter how deeply a particular power is delegated to one branch or another, they all are still subject to constitutional review, and several articles of constitutional restriction refer to persons rather than citizens. An undocumented immigrant, a green card holder, and a citizen are all equally entitled to due process and protection from discriminatory behavior. The federal attorneys tried to argue that the court could selectively remove the restriction, to allow residents and prior visa holders a chance to still come in... but in addition to a plausible admittance that it therefore applied too broadly, was a bad order, and indefensible when it came to those aforementioned groups, that's actually an unconstitutional expansion of the Court's powers so I don't know why they proposed it at all. They don't get to reinterpret or selectively change orders or laws.

In terms of the court and appeal itself, apparently the Trump administration failed to present anything that would give cause to their claim to reverse the restraint order. That's comical.
    Last edited by Kareshy; February 10th, 2017 at 06:05 PM.
    ASTOLFO. IS. BEST. GIRL.

Banned
    Apparently they tried to use Korematsu of all things as a basis so

Yeah

- - - Updated - - -

I feel very strongly that people in the country I don't live in should pay for a wall they don't want, which can't do what it's supposed to do, would be nearly impossible to fund and maintenance, and which would serve as a hundreds of miles long monument to racism.

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    Apparently they tried to use Korematsu of all things as a basis so

Yeah
    I can see why they'd try, but they're on shaky history if they think it's a good idea. After the fact it was revealed that the Government was selectively restricting access to information and studies that made it clear the internment of Japanese Americans as a whole accomplished next to nothing. They're presently facing a lot of blow back from the various relevant branches that would actually know how effective the order might be, and a lot of the case is going to rely on the administration being able to prove that their order has a basis other than religion.
    ASTOLFO. IS. BEST. GIRL.

Blog Entries
    Doctor backed by betsy Devos says he can cure ADHD

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    I'd additionally note the hypocrisy involved with claiming that a wall between US and Mexico is needed... when you're Canadian.
    A wall would be needed... if there were a problem with illegal immigrants crossing the US-Canada border. Which there isn't. At a stretch, you could say Canada gets too many illegal Americans, so if a wall were built it would be to keep them out of my country.