View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 915 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 41581586590591091391491591691792092596510151415 ... LastLast
Results 18,281 to 18,300 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife ❤️ View Post
    Vote Liberal Democrat
    Democrats...
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post
    Winning, I think, erased much of the chaos of the campaign from general memory.
    And, if we're talking about lasting impressions, I don't think the "cybernats" did their side any particular favours either.
    I'd agree if he had won all of them, but how close the Scottish referendum came is now a historical prelude to his eventual fucking up the EU Referendum.

Because he thought he could demonstrate to the persistent supporters of those damaging positions that they were a minority and that the wisdom of the people was against them. And then either they'd bloody shut up or he could at least say he had a mandate to completely ignore them.
    I mean, to me the answer is he thought he could safely exploit their voting bloc without actually following through on the consequences of either action. But in any case he could ignore them anyway. There was no real call to grant them the opportunity, and the presence of a legitimate referendum granted those supporters a campaign opportunity that they had never seen before. Cameron willfully took risks with what his own rhetoric says he believed to be the best interests of the United Kingdom, and he did it several times, solely for political expedience.
    ASTOLFO. IS. BEST. GIRL.
    Jeanne is... also best girl and Jeanne Alter is EVEN MORE also best girl.

Banned
    Yes, we really need you tarring an entire party of a country you don't even live in with the same brush too.
    Are you really going to stand up for the Tories?

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think most people in this thread argue against a single-party state, yeah.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    I think most people in this thread argue against a single-party state, yeah.
    I mean if that's the issue than rather than talking about parties at all we should be talking about how to launch Corbyn and Cameron specifically into the sun.

Blog Entries
    Yes, we really need you tarring an entire party of a country you don't even live in with the same brush too.
    Enforcing this would leave like ten posts in this entire thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kareshy View Post
    I mean, to me the answer is he thought he could safely exploit their voting bloc without actually following through on the consequences of either action.
    I was giving the generic political answer as to why one might call a referendum where one believes the other side could damage the country. Cameron's actual personal motivations I have no idea about.

But in any case he could ignore them anyway. There was no real call to grant them the opportunity, and the presence of a legitimate referendum granted those supporters a campaign opportunity that they had never seen before. Cameron willfully took risks with what his own rhetoric says he believed to be the best interests of the United Kingdom, and he did it several times, solely for political expedience.
    The Scottish referendum had been coming for a long time and is far from Cameron's doing alone.

Europe - well, I guess you could argue that it had been coming for at least as long but, no, a Milliband government wouldn't have had to hold it. But Cameron did have to. The party put that commitment in their manifesto because they were anticipating either a loss of power or a return to LD coalition: in the first case, they don't have to care; in the second, Tory rebels - and, under Cameron/Clegg that persistently meant Eurosceptics and the right of the party generally - are in a beautiful position to undermine the party and the government, and potentially make both inoperable. The surprise circumstance that was actually winning with a tiny minority changed that position from 'beautiful' to 'absolutely perfect'.

The voting system referendum was the frivolous and unnecessary one which only went through because of the coalition: both other bullets seriously had to be bitten at some point in any case. The shame is not in holding them; the shame is in losing them. (And that's shared by certain other major party members who are still in thrall to the idea of the Soviet Union).
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Enforcing this would leave like ten posts in this entire thread
    Somewhere in Japan, Spinach cries a single tear of joy.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    let's throw off the shackles of government and live in anarchy like god intended amen

Blog Entries
    force a man to drop his own mind and to accept your will as a substitute, with a gun in place of a syllogism, with terror in place of proof, and death as the final argument-is to attempt to exist in defiance of reality. Reality demands of man that he act for his own rational interest; your gun demands of him that he act against it. Reality threatens man with death if he does not act on his rational judgment: you threaten him with death if he does. You place him into a world where the price of his life is the surrender of all the virtues required by life-and death by a process of gradual destruction is all that you and your system will achieve, when death is made to be the ruling power, the winning argument in a society of men.

"Be it a highwayman who confronts a traveler with the ultimatum: 'Your money or your life,' or a politician who confronts a country with the ultimatum: 'Your children's education or your life,' the meaning of that ultimatum is: 'Your mind or your life'-and neither is possible to man without the other.

"If there are degrees of evil, it is hard to say who is the more contemptible: the brute who assumes the right to force the mind of others or the moral degenerate who grants to others the right to force his mind. That is the moral absolute one does not leave open to debate. I do not grant the terms of re
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

JP Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    "America will descend into chaos. It'll be the Wild West all over again. No law, no order. Fire will spread across the world. The people will fight... And through battle they will know the fullness of life. At last... Our father's will... His Outer Heaven... Is complete."

Blog Entries
    So I see Spicer decided to go with the "I know you are but what am I" defense in regards to questions about the finding that there's no evidence of surveillance of Trump Tower, masterful. Also it was hard to parse that angrily panted five minute list of news articles he put out as evidence but I'm pretty sure I heard him accuse Obama of personally spying on Trump without a warrant by asking Britain to do it then tell him what they found, so the ball is in your court now Brits. Did you do it?

JP Friend Code
    "We're not going to prejudge the outcome" -Sean Spicer on Trump's claim that his tower was wiretapped on orders from Obama.
    ASTOLFO. IS. BEST. GIRL.
    Jeanne is... also best girl and Jeanne Alter is EVEN MORE also best girl.

Banned
    Something something end of history

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Lol at all the Trumplets bitching about Hawaii. Saying shit like 'let the grownups run the mainland' and vowing to cede it to the Japanese.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    I wish we'd let the grownups run everything but unfortunately that's not what we voted for.

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    BBC long reads are quite good.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    I just want to say I love it when Trump calls himself a Trader.