View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1043 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 4354394399310331038104110421043104410451048105310931143 ... LastLast
Results 20,841 to 20,860 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bad View Post
    Toby do you know what the debt limit is?
    Of course I do, but see, by practicing a little selective obliviousness, I was able to make a decently funny joke.

lighten up Francis.

also on an unrelated note, Irma is increasing in speed. Florida is in for a rough day when it hits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    I was able to make a decently funny joke.
    care to share it?

Greatness, at any cost mAc Chaos's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    For now I'll assume the debt ceiling stuff is just triangulating to scare Republicans into working with him and baiting Democrats into the same.
    He never sleeps. He never dies.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Too bad it comes off more like 'FUCK YOU YOU'RE NOT THE BOSS OF ME'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SeiKeo View Post
    And he uses said leverage to accomplish ?????

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    And he uses said leverage to accomplish ?????
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    It's almost adorable how sincere he seems about the bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Or it's just desperate posturing.
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    For now I'll assume the debt ceiling stuff is just triangulating to scare Republicans into working with him and baiting Democrats into the same.
    Yeah triangulation and negotiation are definitely things he's demonstrated the ability for oh wait

- - - Updated - - -

like setting your Trump fanfiction aside this is what actually happened: Tea Party did their usual "gun to head we'll destroy the global economy if we don't get massive cuts" move despite their party controlling the government, Dems went to Humpty Dumpty and told him to extend their budget (because that's what this is, their budget, the R's never entered their own and have just extended the existing one), and he just said "sure!" without demanding anything. "Moderate" R's caved and joined the Dems in passing the continuing resolution.

He did not "bait" the Dems into anything, they gave him the offer, he took it. It passed the House with them and a few R defectors. And because it's the first good decision he's made his whole presidency, it got good press and he was happy about it.

Banned

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bad View Post
    Yeah triangulation and negotiation are definitely things he's demonstrated the ability for oh wait
    Well, it worked well enough to win him the election.

Battle doesn't need a purpose; the battle is its own purpose. You don't ask why a plague spreads or a field burns. Don't ask why I fight.

Banned
    A broken system granted the less popular candidate the election. Which, by the way, has no relation to either triangulation or negotiation. If he had either, he'd have passed even a single bit of legislation in his 9 months in office. That you fell back to November rather than actually engaging the point underlines both the worthless nature of your candidate and your inability to actually analyze the situation.

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    I don't really understand the angst over the electoral college. That's how the system has always worked and nobody cares until their guy loses. It's like someone watching a football game and saying, "Sure, they scored more points than us - but their team didn't run the ball as far!" Or playing BlazBlue and going "Sure I lost the match but my combos were better!" Popular vote doesn't matter except insofar as it relates to the electoral college.

You would be surprised, probably, to know that I'm not actually that big a fan of his anymore, since he hasn't actually gotten anything done. But I can still see when a situation can work to his advantage, and he's got 7 years left.

Also I had to do a double take when I remembered Charlottesville was only a little while ago. It's like it never happened.

Blog Entries
    None of us have seven years left, actually

JP Friend Code
    Throw xN
    Blog Entries
    And the triangulation and negotiation comes in because he can use it as a threat against Republicans: now they'll be worried that if they resist him too much, he'll just go over their heads to the Democrats. Meanwhile, he's made enough noise about working with Democrats in the past for business that they thought coming forward and offering him a deal in the first place would work. That never happened with Bush or Obama. Now the Democrats have an incentive to try and work with him to pull him away from the Republicans. They're in a tug of war with Trump as the prize. That's your negotiation and your triangulation.

Of course, "what Trump wants" isn't necessarily going to be anything good policy wise even if he did get it, so eh.

Blog Entries
    Yeah it was Obama's fault the Republicans never tried to reach out to him, they totes wanted to, for real, but he was just so darn unapproachable

I love this song

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Former Mexican President Vicente Fox throws mad shade.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mAc Chaos View Post
    I don't really understand the angst over the electoral college. That's how the system has always worked and nobody cares until their guy loses.
    It's anti-democratic (and anti-Democratic). The only ones who benefit from it are you.
    he's got 7 years left
    His approval ratings are toilet tier, in less than a year he's challenged fucking W.
    And the triangulation and negotiation comes in because he can use it as a threat against Republicans: now they'll be worried that if they resist him too much, he'll just go over their heads to the Democrats. Meanwhile, he's made enough noise about working with Democrats in the past for business that they thought coming forward and offering him a deal in the first place would work. That never happened with Bush or Obama. Now the Democrats have an incentive to try and work with him to pull him away from the Republicans. They're in a tug of war with Trump as the prize. That's your negotiation and your triangulation.
    No, that's not negotiation or triangulation, that's him being specifically mad that Ryan and McConnell couldn't push his shit agenda through and turning on them out of spite. This is seen clearly in that he just accepted the Democrat's offer with no strings attached and even offered to destroy the R weapon that is the debt ceiling entirely. He didn't negotiate, and he didn't bait the Dems either, they just told him what to do and he did it.

Blog Entries