View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

    4 7.27%
  • 2 years

    10 18.18%
  • 3 years

    0 0%
  • 4 years

    0 0%
  • Unimpeached after one term

    15 27.27%
  • 5 years

    0 0%
  • 6 years

    0 0%
  • 7 years

    0 0%
  • 8 years

    0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

    8 14.55%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

    18 32.73%
Page 1014 of 1105 FirstFirst ... 145149149641004100910121013101410151016101910241064 ... LastLast
Results 20,261 to 20,280 of 22084

Thread: General News Thread

  1. #20261
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SE Virginia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,727
    And here's the face of our terrorist


  2. #20262
    Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Where AM I?
    Posts
    6,973
    US Friend Code
    156,137,657
    Blog Entries
    1
    Wow, and I thought America was tearing itself apart over all the racism. Now you guys have plague too? Watch out, Egypt might sue you if you get anymore cataclysm-y.
    Atlus: Just Make an Eroge Already.


    Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED IGLOO 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt S2 IBO


  3. #20263
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SE Virginia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,727
    Apparently the plague is actually somewhat common in the Southwest so that's actually not the craziest news.

  4. #20264
    Discord: Beamu#1574 GayBeamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    1,849
    Blog Entries
    12
    It really isn't a massive issue with modern medicine

  5. #20265
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SE Virginia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,727
    No, but it's a nice capper for the day don't you think

  6. #20266
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SE Virginia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,727

    "with the exception of church's chicken, which i don't think is actually real"
    "unfortunately this also proves horseshoe theory, because chick-fil-a is the second best chicken"

  7. #20267
    ハングリー・ライク・ザ・ウルフ Five_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ontariariario
    Age
    24
    Posts
    24,129
    JP Friend Code
    BN: FiveX#1720
    Blog Entries
    36
    Hooters, surprisingly centrist.
    The Manhattan Project: Is it a sin to kill for your country? In an age of nationalism, where do you draw the line between right and wrong? In the 1960s, eight people seek peace amidst war and tragedy.

    Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Well if you ever want to make good posts, you know where to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Canada might be the ideal.
    [11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

  8. #20268
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SE Virginia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,727
    The exclusion of Cane's and Five Guys, the objective best chains, is troubling

  9. #20269
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SE Virginia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,727
    An apt summation of the last 36 hours

  10. #20270
    闇色の六王権 The Dark Six RoydGolden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pure Illusion
    Age
    49
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    6,899
    I mean, I'm not a fan of Antifa's methods 100% of the time, but even I'd admit that when Nazis are literally rampaging around and running people over with cars then the time for reasoned disagreement has long past.

  11. #20271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SE Virginia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,727
    Anti-fascist movements exist because there are fascists that have taken over prominent government positions and now their followers feel free to rampage

    Without fascists, no anti-fascists are needed. Since that is not the case, the solution will continue needing to be applied until the problem is fixed.
    Last edited by 2Bad; August 13th, 2017 at 01:41 AM.

  12. #20272
    吸血鬼 Vampire sherlock1110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    A cold, wet, place
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    269
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bad View Post
    Anti-fascist movements exist because there are fascists that have taken over prominent government positions and now their followers feel free to rampage

    Without fascists, no anti-fascists are needed. Since that is not the case, the solution will continue needing to be applied until the problem is fixed.
    Antifascist and fascist movements exist because both the Authoritarian Right and Authoritarian Left feel like they need to define any disagreement with their views as either "the jews/immigrants/reds" or "the fascists/nazis/alt right", then say their movement only exists because of the opposition (Somehow that by reverse implication of their existence it means fascists must be in power. Those damn witches) which justifies almost anything that they do in the name of fighting the foe of fascism/jewish global conspiracy etc.

    I've even seen people say that antifa only exists in the case of an active revolution. Raising them up onto some podium where their actions and violent methods cannot be questioned. It's an undisciplined and unsophisticated way to respond to an undisciplined and unsophisticated problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Summer Events: Deepest Lore.
    These are my Servant and Master sheets I hope you enjoy reading them:
    Servant And Master Sheets

  13. #20273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    SE Virginia
    Age
    25
    Posts
    11,727
    Ah yes the infamous authoritarian left that totally exists in America

    Meanwhile, in reality, antifa movements arose directly from the election of Trump, his stacking of his senior staff with Nazis both literal and figurative (i.e. different strains of extreme right wing), and the followers of these various hard right ideologies moving en masse to destroy the country.
    Last edited by 2Bad; August 13th, 2017 at 02:49 AM.

  14. #20274
    吸血鬼 Vampire sherlock1110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    A cold, wet, place
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    269
    Blog Entries
    1
    I'm not going to deny there is some correlation between Trump winning the election and the rising popularity of groups like antifa or parts of the Ku Klux Klan. It's true that the Authoritarian Left has a diminished presence in America than in Europe. Although you're rhetoric seems self-contradictory, if I am referring to antifa as part of the Authoritarian Left then you accept that they exist within America... and therefore your original statement is now contradicted by your own words... Regardless "destroy the country" might sound a bit hypocritical considering the actions of antifa in Hamburg. Both Authoritarian Left and Right are doing a good job at bringing down civilisation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Summer Events: Deepest Lore.
    These are my Servant and Master sheets I hope you enjoy reading them:
    Servant And Master Sheets

  15. #20275
    Antimärchen I3uster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34,938
    Blog Entries
    12
    if you consider european antifa violence and european far right violence the same you equate a burning car with a burning innocent which i personally would not recommend

    They are too decentralized and generally ideologically mixed to do some kind of "authoritan left" powergrab don't you worry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife ❤️ View Post
    Capitalism has failed me

  16. #20276
    吸血鬼 Vampire sherlock1110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    A cold, wet, place
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    269
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    if you consider european antifa violence and european far right violence the same you equate a burning car with a burning innocent which i personally would not recommend

    They are too decentralized and generally ideologically mixed to do some kind of "authoritan left" powergrab don't you worry.
    Sorry but, because I'm quite stupid, I'm having difficulty understanding your metaphor.

    I'm guessing (more from the context of the rest of your statement) that it's the threat of them? Which I'd agree with, the far-right has the tendency to try and force their entire demographic into the same thought processing (quite effectively) whereas I don't believe antifa currently would pose as big a danger, even if they did somehow rally enough support to create some kind of real political power it wouldn't be as much of a problem as the far-right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Summer Events: Deepest Lore.
    These are my Servant and Master sheets I hope you enjoy reading them:
    Servant And Master Sheets

  17. #20277
    Antimärchen I3uster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34,938
    Blog Entries
    12
    It's not a metaphor, antifa light cars on fire and the far right lights refugee homes with people sleeping inside on fire which I do not consider two equivalent acts but maybe that's because I have consumed too much insidious leftist propaganda.
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife ❤️ View Post
    Capitalism has failed me

  18. #20278
    吸血鬼 Vampire sherlock1110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    A cold, wet, place
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    269
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's not a metaphor, antifa light cars on fire and the far right lights refugee homes with people sleeping inside on fire which I do not consider two equivalent acts but maybe that's because I have consumed too much insidious leftist propaganda.
    Ah shit, sorry that was me not thinking of the obvious -_-. Nonetheless I agree that antifa doesn't pose as much of a threat as the far-right but they are still a lesser evil, there were elements of the counter-protest who were there to fight in the same way that elements of the "Unite the Right" protest were.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Summer Events: Deepest Lore.
    These are my Servant and Master sheets I hope you enjoy reading them:
    Servant And Master Sheets

  19. #20279
    Antimärchen I3uster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    34,938
    Blog Entries
    12
    Sure but as far as stopping Nazi congregations goes the antifa has proven to be the most effective measure. You can argue methods but it works. Personally, knowing they are out there makes me feel safer. Bit like the police, those also sometimes hit people but were all happy they are there.

    then again i dont own a car
    Quote Originally Posted by Strife ❤️ View Post
    Capitalism has failed me

  20. #20280
    吸血鬼 Vampire sherlock1110's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    A cold, wet, place
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    269
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    Sure but as far as stopping Nazi congregations goes the antifa has proven to be the most effective measure. You can argue methods but it works. Personally, knowing they are out there makes me feel safer. Bit like the police, those also sometimes hit people but were all happy they are there.

    then again i dont own a car
    I mean, if you're main priority is stopping the "congregation" of Nazis (assumedly the spread of Nazism) then sure violence would be effective. It suggests we don't have a more effective response which worries me, but it also encourages the use of violence to stop ideas that you disagree with which is a signature tactic of Authoritarianism. A bit different from the police is the fact that anyone could really be a member of antifa (to my understanding, as previously mentioned I'm not the most informed or smart) so I could theoretically put on a black ski mask and go and smash up my friends house, car and family because I disagree with his political views. It's an open movement which is both it's strength and it's weakness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Summer Events: Deepest Lore.
    These are my Servant and Master sheets I hope you enjoy reading them:
    Servant And Master Sheets

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •