View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1113 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 1136131013106311031108111111121113111411151118112311631213 ... LastLast
Results 22,241 to 22,260 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    five i know what youre getting at but "its complicated" and shrugging your shoulders is a good response to the default, not to a clear paradigm shift happening based on the power balance of the middle east shifting
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Idk what you're gonna do that doesn't involve changing all the priorities of the Israeli government, right now they're kids being given all the candy they want and you can't expect them to change course purely due to altriusm. I don't see things changing unless Israel is arm-wrestled into it (by whom?) or unless more liberal groups in Israel start growing and getting more fed up with their government.

- - - Updated - - -

i'm sorry i'm just a very sad man
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean nothing is going to happen. Gaza will eventually be absorbed into Israel. Can at least say that's a bit of a bummer though.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Don't know if anyone has brought this up already, but here's an interesting short article on how dispensationalist (i.e apocalyptic) strains of Christianity have shaped American's foreign policy toward Israel that seems particularly relevant in light of the havoc in Jerusalem right now. Very disturbing to think so much of our foreign policy is based on what's essentially a bunch of maniacal death cultists wanting to hasten the end of the world...
    Last edited by RoydGolden; May 16th, 2018 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Thanks Trien!

Dispensationalist, not pre-dispensationalist.
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

I can't believe our foreign policy is based on Revelation. Maybe next, President Trump will pull a sword from his mouth.

The prince says that the world will be saved by beauty! And I maintain that the reason he has such playful ideas is that he is in love.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TrienDarkform View Post
    Dispensationalist, not pre-dispensationalist.
    Sorry, I was confusing/combining it with premillennialist dispensationalist, an even more extreme sect that believes in a literal thousand year reign of Jesus.

Blog Entries
    All significant concepts of the modern theory of the state are secularized theological concepts not only because of their historical development - in which they were transferred from theology to the theory of the state, whereby, for example, the omnipotent God became the omnipotent lawgiver - but also because of their systematic structure, the recognition of which is necessary for a sociological consideration of these concepts.
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    bring back the true Lawgiver, the one and only Mithra
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Shamash or bust.

Just wanted to clarify . Especially since the term 'Christianity' can refer to such a wide range of different people's beliefs that I think further specific, and accurate, description is basically required. It does seem that dispensationalist theology tends to be the majority view these days though.

Saying this as someone who would fall under the general category of the word 'Christian', but who thinks that the dispensationalist intepretation is incorrect, and that such efforts to presumably influence God's timetable over in that part of the world are sorely misguided.

(And regarding discussion of religion on the internet, I generally stay away from it, because of all the argument, mockery, and general lack of tact that it tends to attract. If somebody is agreeable to reasonable, polite discussion, I'm fine with that. But most often times, there's too much vitriol being thrown around, and from that, you can count me out.)
    One must know the path one runs even if the ground underfoot is not as one chooses

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TrienDarkform View Post
    Just wanted to clarify . Especially since the term 'Christianity' can refer to such a wide range of different people's beliefs that I think further specific, and accurate, description is basically required. It does seem that dispensationalist theology tends to be the majority view these days though.

Saying this as someone who would fall under the general category of the word 'Christian', but who thinks that the dispensationalist intepretation is incorrect, and that such efforts to presumably influence God's timetable over in that part of the world are sorely misguided.

(And regarding discussion of religion on the internet, I generally stay away from it, because of all the argument, mockery, and general lack of tact that it tends to attract. If somebody is agreeable to reasonable, polite discussion, I'm fine with that. But most often times, there's too much vitriol being thrown around, and from that, you can count me out.)
    If you're talking about me, I never meant to imply that all evangelical Christianity is dispensationalist or even that it's the dominant interpretation, and I apologize if anyone got that impression from my post. In fact, the guy who wrote the article I linked to (Fred Clark) is himself a very intelligent and devote Christian who vehemently rejects any such interpretation of scripture.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    I don’t think we’ve really had flare ups about religion specifically Christianity on this forum since 2011 when that one Catholic poster (Perseus?) hosted an Ask a Christian thread

also if someone was being an ass they’re probably gonna get mocked hard here

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    If you're talking about me, I never meant to imply that all evangelical Christianity is dispensationalist or even that it's the dominant interpretation, and I apologize if anyone got that impression from my post. In fact, the guy who wrote the article I linked to (Fred Clark) is himself a very intelligent and devote Christian who vehemently rejects any such interpretation of scripture.
    Oh, I didn't get that impression from your post. I just wanted to make sure there was no confusion within what's being discussed, since the term 'Christian' is so diluted these days that it seemingly can refer to almost anything. I guess my first comment earlier was just to make the distinction that the dispensationalist view is one thing (and one that is influencing foreign policy, or used as an excuse for foreign policy), whereas before the development of dispensationalist theology in the 1800's there were other views which were different (and which isn't so tied to said topic).

I don't know that I can refer to any statistics about the prevalence of dispensationalist belief, only that it seems like I run into a lot of people who do believe it, or at least it's general framework of eschatology (if not necessarily foreign policy decisions based off of it).

Edit: As for big flare ups, wasn't thinking so much of that. It doesn't take much for the little snarky comments to start.
    Last edited by TrienDarkform; May 17th, 2018 at 12:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Mithra is dead. Mithra remains dead. And we have killed him. How shall we comfort ourselves, the muderers of all murderers?

The prince says that the world will be saved by beauty! And I maintain that the reason he has such playful ideas is that he is in love.

The Long-Forgotten Sight Rafflesiac's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LJ3 View Post
    I don’t think we’ve really had flare ups about religion specifically Christianity on this forum since 2011 when that one Catholic poster (Perseus?) hosted an Ask a Christian thread

also if someone was being an ass they’re probably gonna get mocked hard here
    that's because toby deletes all the relevant posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Probably old news, but I think that Chinese President Xi, as a part of his unlimited presidency, just invented a new title for himself: https://chinadigitaltimes.net/2018/0...ek-king-sager/ King Sucker, like how Trump unleashed Covfefe. Yeesh, at least, Hitler used the preexisting word for leader to call himself Fuhrer.

Blog Entries
    My country is falling apart

Nah
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE

アカシャの蛇 The Serpent of Akasha RacingeR's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    But hey, at least USA-sama loves Temer.

With an approval rate of 1% he needs all the love he can get.

quotes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1984 View Post
    Besides, I don't see what's so terrible about looting anyway. It's only property, they're not actually harming anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    when I say hero I don't mean hero in the spirit sense. I mean a morally grounded, good natured person who doesn't slaughter innocent people. No such person exists in the Nasuverse.
    [00:12] <~Katie> i can't defy my origin
    [00:12] <~Katie> of gay memes

[16:15] <~Katie> lesbians has always been my gimmick and i will exploit it to the fullest

[22:56] <@Sei> airen is pegging hero this time
    [22:56] <@Sei> for once airen isn't the uke
    [22:56] <@Kuroyuki> I thought Air was the Woman in the Relationship?
    [22:56] <@Airen> Yeah I kinda thought I was the girl too!

Blog Entries
    The president send the army to stop the truckers' strike
    The army side with the truckers
    I really think this country is falling apart. Even if it don't collapse now, eventually will
    My servants and mages
    Sorry, my english sucks

Things

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Incidentally, my idea of encouraging someone is to kidnap them, starve them, and then spend hours a day slapping their bound and gagged body with my penis.

Greatest battle in history
    He-man x Shiki Satsujinki

I love the internet

OH GOD SO CUTE