View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

1 3.70%
  • 2 years

6 22.22%
  • 3 years

0 0%
  • 4 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after one term

7 25.93%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

5 18.52%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

8 29.63%
Page 1026 of 1026 FirstFirst ... 2652692697610161021102410251026
Results 20,501 to 20,508 of 20508

Thread: General News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I'll accept the chastisement. You're an asshole, but you're right. My mistake.
    I don't really recall going at you besides this one snide history remark but asshole, sure.

We have hate speech laws in Canada, but there's still the same kind of debate on how to apply and enforce it. It doesn't magically solve all problems.

Also, there's a clear difference between saying certain forms of hateful speech should be against the law (which I have no issue with), and taking it upon yourself to attack people who make such speech. In the same way that there's a difference between taxation and random theft (sorry Libertarians), or prison and kidnapping.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    We have hate speech laws in Canada, but there's still the same kind of debate on how to apply and enforce it. It doesn't magically solve all problems.

Also, there's a clear difference between saying certain forms of hateful speech should be against the law (which I have no issue with), and taking it upon yourself to attack people who make such speech. In the same way that there's a difference between taxation and random theft (sorry Libertarians), or prison and kidnapping.
    There are, but what do you do when the judge who's supposed to rule against hate speech is wearing his Lynch-Em-All '17 t-shirt under his robes? Or in this case, the President isn't wearing a white hood because he couldn't figure out how to work the scissors to cut his bedsheets.
    Atlus: Just Make an Eroge Already.

Gundam-a-thon Status: 0079 Zeta ZZ Char's Counterattck War In the Pocket F91 Stardust Memories Victory G Gundam Wing Endless Waltz 8th MS After War X Turn A SEED IGLOO 00 Unicorn AGE Reconguista The Orgin Thunderbolt S2 IBO

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Also, there's a clear difference between saying certain forms of hateful speech should be against the law (which I have no issue with), and taking it upon yourself to attack people who make such speech.
    When the laws do not exist or are not enforced, direct action is the only recourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    There are, but what do you do when the judge who's supposed to rule against hate speech is wearing his Lynch-Em-All '17 t-shirt under his robes? Or in this case, the President isn't wearing a white hood because he couldn't figure out how to work the scissors to cut his bedsheets.
    That's a difficult situation I'll admit.

Reminder that the right is the eternal enemy of all vulnerable groups
    https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/whi...ban-1503534757

Another likely right wing attack on protestors in St Louis. A car drove into a crowd of marchers from a vigil for a transwomen murdered by the police.