View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1132 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 1326321032108211221127113011311132113311341137114211821232 ... LastLast
Results 22,621 to 22,640 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelveseal View Post
    Sometimes I wonder.
    Strictly speaking, it's rule of the people, but the people, when uninformed, can make choices that allow democracy to mutate into a form of mob rule, which is why I am not all happy with the whole progressive schtick many people have. Just saying a "but" is a good way to get lynched, even if your grievances are completely logical with no political bias.

We just had a series of Women's Marches here in Spain protesting a political party that wants to "de-gender" the violence laws, as we're the only country were men and women get different sentences for identical offenses. The Constitutional Tribunal has decided this somehow doesn't violate the constitution's primeval protection for equality since men and women are not equal.

And not a single soul has bothered doing an alternate approach of this: toughening the nominal laws so both end up being treated equally, mostly because the parties are too busy fighting for votes from MGTOWS/incels and left wing caucuses are essentially in the pocket of feminist organizations that essentially raid the public funds to fuel radical feminism/feminazis and misandry.

Essentially, people don't want to concede a single word because they believe our world runs in black and white morality, even though we all know there couldn't be a bigger farce to date.

Sorry for the gender war rubbish, but it's the only example I have off the top of my head about the insane belief that A being right puts B in the wrong spot even though it's very reasonable to take both answers as truthful, albeit referring to different situations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    Trump is bad enough as is, would you really want him as a king?!
    Bloody murder, no! I supported him so Hillary would get the message and pursue her true calling as activist, not because we genuinely liked everything he said (though we all know it's very hard to go wrong with tax cuts, so he had that going for himself).

- - - Updated - - -

Nah. Might be time to start thinking about removing the human element from governance.
    Maybe if our rulers were chosen by their capabilities and not in a rigged, bribe centered popularity contest, we would have good leaders. Sadly, an actual meritocracy would be impossible unless we had geniuses reviewing the "governance scores" of politicians and reviewing their job applications to determine the best choice for king, director, president, prime minister, premier or another head of state.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strife ❤️ View Post
    tfw no Empress Washington XIII, by the Grace of God, Empress of America, Grand Duchess of Puerto Rico, Princess-Regent of Guam, Defender of the West
    Puerto Rico Espanol!

Blog Entries
    We need a fourth branch of government that’s just Marie Kondo throwing out everything from the other three branches that doesn’t spark joy

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    When the survival of the Tribe hinges on always getting exactly what one asks for, compromise, and even coexistence, with another Tribe that has different goals becomes impossible.
    Hmmm... It's almost like the erasure of other tribes is an intrinsic ideology of some of them.
    Last edited by SpoonyViking; January 17th, 2019 at 10:14 AM.

Blog Entries
    Makes you think
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    In the words of kif

no it doesnt
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six SpoonyViking's Avatar
    "kif"?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    Hmmm... It's almost like some the erasure of other tribes is an intrinsic ideology of some of them.
    God damned Reds.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Blog Entries
    Trumps personal lawyer: well, trump didn’t collude, but maybe his campaign did

what a world, what a world, what a place, what a place...

arent you glad you’re a member of the human race?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.

Running away from Falconetti AsGryffynn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Trumps personal lawyer: well, trump didn’t collude, but maybe his campaign did

what a world, what a world, what a place, what a place...

arent you glad you’re a member of the human race?
    To be honest, this would be in line with everything I've come to expect from politicians. The guy didn't, but everyone he paid to do the dirty work for him did. Why? they guy pays them a lot, but they can always get more money on the side because, you know, reasons...

Where's an enlightened tyrant when you need one.

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries

Who needs enemies when you have "friends" like these?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    Then I will ask that you pay closer attention
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    So if I'm reading this right DP is saying that the feature almost everybody hates that is bad and makes the forum objectively worse will never go away because that would negatively impact another feature that nobody has ever used and most likely never will use just in case someday, someone wants to use it. Is that right?
    It's like if someone told me "make me a milkshake" and i was blind and they gave me the ingredients and I made a milkshake because milkshakes are good, but it turns out that milkshake was a bomb.

You forgot the 'he did collude but collusion isn't a crime'.

Blog Entries
    This is more-or-less just what happens when you're in it neck deep and are used to making problems go away by throwing money at it without having any idea how to actually dig yourself out. Trump's primary experience with the law seems to be the act of getting sued for below-board business practices. Considering he tends to settle those cases out of court, this situation where he actually needs to prove his innocence instead of just paying people off is leading to some floundering. It doesn't help matters that he seems to think that fame and wealth correlate directly with actual ability. It's like he's becoming a case study in the Dunning-Kruger Effect. Then again, maybe he just realizes that this situation is harder to sweep under the rug than Iran-Contra and is fine with playing a delaying game or the "Affluenza Card."
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

The Plesioth Hip Check Of Life Deathhappens's Avatar
    And thus we're right back where we started: Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all the other ones.
    shit BL says

Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    It's like with centaur girls, you're fucking a horse. Sure the human part is the one that moans but your dick is in the horse, no way around it.
    boytoy angst > fulfilling life of misanthropic extremist environmentalism
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafflesiac View Post
    ladies, he's single
    Quote Originally Posted by OverMaster View Post
    Yeah, but that's because he's got more issues than National Geographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araya's Dry Cleaner View Post
    You can rage, but there is no waifu communism.

You are not getting government-handout waifus.

Once and always and nevermore.

Much like the arithmetic mean is so widely used for grading not because it's perfect for the job or even an accurate descriptor but because it rests on an inherent trust society has towards numbers and the comfort of their 'objectivity', democracy in an ideal form of one vote for one person and all votes having the same value is just practical that way. I'm optimistic that as societies progress, certain aspects and functions of it will get further refined and fine tuned and case-dependent in its implementation, but barring some world and society altering cataclysm that change will most likely sit on a democratic butt, it's just what we've evolved to find practicality and comfort in.

Blog Entries
    maybe if contemporary first world governments weren't massive biopolitical regimes of exception with command of a tech-driven panopticon and war machines worth tens, hundreds of billions of dollars, the outcomes of elections wouldn't be such a life-or-death scenario for people
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dullahan View Post
    maybe if contemporary first world governments weren't massive biopolitical regimes of exception with command of a tech-driven panopticon and war machines worth tens, hundreds of billions of dollars, the outcomes of elections wouldn't be such a life-or-death scenario for people
    begome libertarian
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    is that become or be gone
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries

Regardless, bemoaning the fact that modern society isn't already any given person's ideal vision of utopia doesn't change the way it functions (or doesn't), how it came to be and why, or what tribes benefit from it the most and which are in the massive camp of "losers." And no, I don't mean that as an insult. What it does offer is a chance to shape the direction society moves in, so long as one can be sufficiently persuasive in expressing their views.

So then, of we're stuck with the status quo for now, what should we be working towards instead?
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    there's literally nothing you can do lol
    かん
    ぎゅう
    じゅう
    とう

Expresses the exceeding size of one's library.
    Books are extremely many, loaded on an oxcart the ox will sweat.
    At home piled to the ridgepole of the house, from this meaning.
    Read out as 「Ushi ni ase shi, munagi ni mitsu.」
    Source: 柳宗元「其為書,處則充棟宇,出則汗牛馬。」— Tang Dynasty