View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1141 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 1416411041109111311136113911401141114211431146115111911241 ... LastLast
Results 22,801 to 22,820 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    any comment on elliott abrams as special envoy for venezuela or am i gonna get the silent treatment like when i asked about why you guys need a wall
    That $50 fine really hit him hard, huh
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i suppose this will do for momentary satisfaction
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Depp/Heard

Blog Entries
    So, Parliament voted no on the EU's last offer and made their PM look hopeless again. Then they voted against leaving the EU without a deal. Except that the EU is in no mood for further concessions and May is dying politically, and they still haven't been able to address the situation with Irish border that's been one of the biggest issues from the outset. Now they want an extension on the deadline, but Brussels doesn't want them to have anyone in the EU leadership elections in a few months if they aren't going to be members and doesn't want them to leave in the first place.

So. What are the odds Brussels no-sells the extension now that the UK has said they won't leave without a deal, and Brexit dies because no one could agree on how to do it? I mean, if they're not leaving without a deal, and they can't get a deal, logic would seem to indicate that they aren't leaving...
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    My Shameful Fics and the Wiki to go with them. Oh, and some fossil I found.
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic
    [16:43] <@Sei> THAT'S what i wanna see

Blog Entries
    https://www.vox.com/world/2019/3/14/...n-what-we-know
    god everything about this is so messed up

Blog Entries
    One of the mosques that got shot up was right behind where I'd catch the bus home from High school which is a really wierd feeling living in such a generally peaceful country as Christchurch
    Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    I mean, plenty judge without being able to actually read the story, so why not judge when nobody can actually read the story?

アルテミット・ワン Ultimate One asterism42's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    >Shooter has an anti-immigrant rhetoric
    >Shooter is an Australian living in NZ ie an immigrant

OK then
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.
    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerEmiya View Post
    Genderswaps are terrible, but I think I and other people would hate them less if Fate didn't keep ignoring actual heroines throughout history and folklore. Like, why bother turning Francis Drake into a woman when Ching Shih and Grace O'Malley exist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_X View Post
    Fate Zero is just Fate Stay Night for people who think Shirou is too girly
    Quote Originally Posted by Comun View Post
    I think Alex IV can eat Goku.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, white supremacy usually isn't associated with people smart enough to notice that. The guy wrote a 74 page, rambling screed of a "manifesto," ranting on about various conspiracy theories and his dislike of those who aren't born melanin-challenged, and the U.S. Second Amendment besides that. As an Aussie. In New Zealand. Both of which have non-white indigenous peoples.

Zombies would starve if they caught him.

NZ's response to this? PM wants to tighten gun laws.
    U.S. response? White supremacy isn't a problem. Hmmm... I feel like something that convinces people it's a good thing to murder 49 others in cold blood while their on their knees praying is most likely a problem. But that's just me.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning
    [16:43] <Twelveseal> Phallus in wonderland sounds like some bad loli-rape KC fanfic

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    Was watching it unfold the whole day. Fucking idiot.

I find myself deeply doubting his motives though. His manifesto is a joke, and it only has the word 'jew' once in it, in pro-Israel light, leaving me questioning whether this person really browsed either /pol/.

Blog Entries
    His manifesto might be full of misleading ironic and sarcastic commentaries, but it does have a fair bit of his genuine motive, not necessarily just a joke. For example in the question section he often answered one question with sarcastic remark before ending it with a "No."

Quote Originally Posted by The Washington Post Opinion
    The manifesto — which I won’t quote on general principle — is an especially bizarre piece of debris, as it seems to have been custom-tailored to make a particular group of extremely online right-wing users laugh, while stunning and horrifying the confused, oblivious media. It is littered with oblique references to memes, sarcastic asides and episodes of apparent satire — despite the fact that the attack it aims to explicate was extremely real. Any manifesto belonging to an extremist will naturally be more legible to members of the same fringe. But few in recent memory have seemed as clearly geared toward eliciting a laugh from fellow radicalized memesters.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    That is a gross misunderstanding. It is not meant to entertain anyone. It is meant to piss off every single group that exists, including /pol/, because they will say he did it for all the wrong reasons. He did it to stir as much shit as he possibly could.

The guy is an accelerationist terrorist. He wants NZ to ban guns so people get angry, and he wants muslims to go shooting up churches for this because he believes that it will make the race war start sooner. This is of course only possible in the first place if you believe that it is destiny (hint) for the race war to start one way or the other, but maybe starting it sooner will give whites better numbers or something.

It seems to me that he has also successfully accomplished everything he wanted, in all the extreme reactions and calls to push back I'm seeing on the internet, instead of say, praying for the victims.

Blog Entries
    Right. I used the wrong media but the point is, the manifesto is not really just a joke, as he made it clear in it that he want to create more division and instability as possible, especially among the US parties.

Though, from what I've seen from some of the extreme right trolls on the internet, they seem to be entertained.

JP Friend Code
    003254397 / Ratman
    Blog Entries
    It says Fortnite and Spyro 3 taught him to kill and literally has the Navy Seal Copypasta in it. Forgive me if I don't take the document very seriously.

To spell it out, though Anonymous is not in fact legion, I can attest that the average opinion on immigration on /pol/ is thus:
    1) Immigration is a scheme initiated and kept going by wealthy jews. There is no poster on /pol/ whom you'd classify as 'extreme right troll' that does not believe this part.
    2) The reason for this is to a) outbreed whites in time and replace them, or b) cause a war, in which white men would die and from which the wealthy jews would profit. Alternatively, c) it is for complicated reasons to protect Israel or to make Israel the only country that matters in the long run.
    ~3) The jews may be pedophiles, eat children, and may or may not be ancient aliens from outer space depending on whom you ask.

In this cultural context, his reasons are very weak, and some would even call the manifesto, uh, blue-pilled. There are so many more specific unarmed people who deserve death in the eyes of /pol/, war between the common folk is what the wealthy want. Insert Metal Gear quotes about war economy.
    You'll see the kinds of posts endorsing him here and there, because the site exists to bring out the worst in people and isolate it. Even I could not help but come up with a few unseemly jokes on the topic. Encyclopedia Dramatica will celebrate him for a high score because that's their job, and there will be memes about Sam Hyde, and a few people will in fact subscribe to Pewdiepie. I can guarantee you, though, that no internet personality in any way aligned with either chan or even kiwifarms is going to condone this, though they might name different reasons.

Blog Entries
    Uplifting news...

Finally got in touch with friends in NZ and they're safe. So I'm not concerned and don't care to give this dude any attention.

This white supremacy shit is just a guise for a greater problem. The guy probably didn’t really care about nor believe anything that he was saying. He said that he “wasn’t sure if he was a Christian”. Most Christians don’t mindlessly gun down groups of innocents, so I guess that one is out of the picture. The entire manifesto is contradictory. He even admits that there have never been more white people in the world than there are today and proceeds to say that the white race is going extinct. He just wanted to find an excuse for his resentment, like most psychopaths do. As toxic as it is, the greatest problem here is deeper than some inane obsession with race; and because it’s often like talking to a brick wall, there’s nothing you can really do about those people in particular but ignore them. Like many people nowadays, they’re possessed by a hatred for life. I also think it’s incorrect to assume that somebody would go and gun down a place just for “the lulz”. That doesn’t make sense. Even if psychopaths lack a functioning sympathetic nervous system, that doesn’t exclude them from reasoning faculties. “Hey, I’ll just go spend time in prison until I either rot or get executed for killing a shit ton of people, cause why not?”. Nobody goes and jumps off a bridge for the hell of it, unless they’re like, really high.
    Last edited by Mujaya; March 16th, 2019 at 11:55 PM.

The prince says that the world will be saved by beauty! And I maintain that the reason he has such playful ideas is that he is in love.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mujaya View Post
    He even admits that there have never been more white people in the world than there are today and proceeds to say that the white race is going extinct.
    I won't delve into the rest of your post, but I don't think this attitude is nearly as unusual as you're implying. It's a textbook element of fascism to believe simultaneously that the "superior" group is a majority (thereby justifying its continued dominance) and also an exploited minority (justifying the need to "fight back"). Think of all the Christian nationalists who say in one breath how America is a Christian nation while with the other insisting it's a godless Sodom where saying "Merry Christmas" is illegal and Christians are days away from being shipped off to FEMA camps.

Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    I won't delve into the rest of your post, but I don't think this attitude is nearly as unusual as you're implying. It's a textbook element of fascism to believe simultaneously that the "superior" group is a majority (thereby justifying its continued dominance) and also an exploited minority (justifying the need to "fight back"). Think of all the Christian nationalists who say in one breath how America is a Christian nation while with the other insisting it's a godless Sodom where saying "Merry Christmas" is illegal and Christians are days away from being shipped off to FEMA camps.
    I never implied that the attitude was *extremely* unusual. It is noticeably relevant nowadays, at least amongst political/ideological extremists and conspiracy theorists, but even then, as many conspiracy theories as there are, and as many conspiracy theorists there are, the sorts of people who perpetuate ideas such as the "jewish question" and "white genocide" are, at least now, few in the greater crowd and even fewer in the general population. The fact is that you would know whether or not fascism had escalated to that point because we'd all be under somebody's boot. As fervently fueled by racism as it might seem; it's just a means, that sort of will to power/Darwinism aspect plays into the moral relativism of their ideology. They want as much as possible to justify their beliefs, because what they want to justify is evil, and so they make as strong a case is possible for it. We know that these people exist inevitably, for instance, but there are times at which they exist at a greater number than others (on both sides of the spectrum, simultaneously, almost as if it's reactionary); and when this happens, it escalates until there's a calamity, and we know this because of Weimar and Russia. Back then, communist, fascist, and anarchist factions all committed terrorist acts in the name of their ideologies, and on a grand scale (they each also formulated various conspiracy theories about each other; e.g. today's "white genocide" and conversely, the "patriarchy") and what happened was that the dialectic allowed communist and fascist states to be established. It seems to me that this occurrence is due to an underlying problem, and whatever that might be is the precondition that permits someone to become a fascist or a communist in the first place. It's almost never about the claim itself; the emphasis is nearly always on the justification for the act. If you've ever read Crime and Punishment, it's a perfect example of the kind of moral loopholes a person creates in order to commit murder.
    Last edited by Mujaya; March 17th, 2019 at 02:16 AM.

The prince says that the world will be saved by beauty! And I maintain that the reason he has such playful ideas is that he is in love.

Wyrd oft nereð unfǽgne eorl, þonne his ellen déah... Skull's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "Utrecht tram shooting leaves three dead and five injured"

My thoughts and prayers to the victims. Suspect still at large, stay safe any BL members in the Netherlands.
    "Here's a bangin lil' tune about takin' on The Man!"

(Check out my Super Special Awesome Servant Compendium here)

Blog Entries
    https://www.npr.org/2019/03/18/70439...-on-dutch-tram

Looks like they caught the shooter.
    Asha Records
    Fuyuki - Winter Cleaning

Blog Entries
    So, brits, how’s brexit going? Y’all manage to unfuck that whole deal yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Hermes View Post
    The moment the opportunity arises for a pun, the one known as 'Taiga's Knight' will be there to deliver whether you like it or not.