View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1014 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 1451491496410041009101210131014101510161019102410641114 ... LastLast
Results 20,261 to 20,280 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Banned
    And here's the face of our terrorist

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Wow, and I thought America was tearing itself apart over all the racism. Now you guys have plague too? Watch out, Egypt might sue you if you get anymore cataclysm-y.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Apparently the plague is actually somewhat common in the Southwest so that's actually not the craziest news.

Blog Entries
    It really isn't a massive issue with modern medicine

Banned
    No, but it's a nice capper for the day don't you think

Banned

"with the exception of church's chicken, which i don't think is actually real"
    "unfortunately this also proves horseshoe theory, because chick-fil-a is the second best chicken"

アルテミット・ソット Ultimate Thot Five_X's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hooters, surprisingly centrist.
    <NEW FIC!> Revolution #9: Somewhere out there, there's a universe in which your mistakes and failures never happened, and all you wished for is true. How hard would you fight to make that real?

[11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

Banned
    The exclusion of Cane's and Five Guys, the objective best chains, is troubling

Banned
    An apt summation of the last 36 hours

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I mean, I'm not a fan of Antifa's methods 100% of the time, but even I'd admit that when Nazis are literally rampaging around and running people over with cars then the time for reasoned disagreement has long past.

Banned
    Anti-fascist movements exist because there are fascists that have taken over prominent government positions and now their followers feel free to rampage

Without fascists, no anti-fascists are needed. Since that is not the case, the solution will continue needing to be applied until the problem is fixed.
    Last edited by 2Bad; August 13th, 2017 at 01:41 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bad View Post
    Anti-fascist movements exist because there are fascists that have taken over prominent government positions and now their followers feel free to rampage

Without fascists, no anti-fascists are needed. Since that is not the case, the solution will continue needing to be applied until the problem is fixed.
    Antifascist and fascist movements exist because both the Authoritarian Right and Authoritarian Left feel like they need to define any disagreement with their views as either "the jews/immigrants/reds" or "the fascists/nazis/alt right", then say their movement only exists because of the opposition (Somehow that by reverse implication of their existence it means fascists must be in power. Those damn witches) which justifies almost anything that they do in the name of fighting the foe of fascism/jewish global conspiracy etc.

I've even seen people say that antifa only exists in the case of an active revolution. Raising them up onto some podium where their actions and violent methods cannot be questioned. It's an undisciplined and unsophisticated way to respond to an undisciplined and unsophisticated problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Summer Events: Deepest Lore.
    These are my Servant and Master sheets I hope you enjoy reading them:
    Servant And Master Sheets

Banned
    Ah yes the infamous authoritarian left that totally exists in America

Meanwhile, in reality, antifa movements arose directly from the election of Trump, his stacking of his senior staff with Nazis both literal and figurative (i.e. different strains of extreme right wing), and the followers of these various hard right ideologies moving en masse to destroy the country.
    Last edited by 2Bad; August 13th, 2017 at 02:49 AM.

Blog Entries
    I'm not going to deny there is some correlation between Trump winning the election and the rising popularity of groups like antifa or parts of the Ku Klux Klan. It's true that the Authoritarian Left has a diminished presence in America than in Europe. Although you're rhetoric seems self-contradictory, if I am referring to antifa as part of the Authoritarian Left then you accept that they exist within America... and therefore your original statement is now contradicted by your own words... Regardless "destroy the country" might sound a bit hypocritical considering the actions of antifa in Hamburg. Both Authoritarian Left and Right are doing a good job at bringing down civilisation.

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    if you consider european antifa violence and european far right violence the same you equate a burning car with a burning innocent which i personally would not recommend

They are too decentralized and generally ideologically mixed to do some kind of "authoritan left" powergrab don't you worry.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    if you consider european antifa violence and european far right violence the same you equate a burning car with a burning innocent which i personally would not recommend

They are too decentralized and generally ideologically mixed to do some kind of "authoritan left" powergrab don't you worry.
    Sorry but, because I'm quite stupid, I'm having difficulty understanding your metaphor.

I'm guessing (more from the context of the rest of your statement) that it's the threat of them? Which I'd agree with, the far-right has the tendency to try and force their entire demographic into the same thought processing (quite effectively) whereas I don't believe antifa currently would pose as big a danger, even if they did somehow rally enough support to create some kind of real political power it wouldn't be as much of a problem as the far-right.

Blog Entries
    It's not a metaphor, antifa light cars on fire and the far right lights refugee homes with people sleeping inside on fire which I do not consider two equivalent acts but maybe that's because I have consumed too much insidious leftist propaganda.

Blog Entries
    It's not a metaphor, antifa light cars on fire and the far right lights refugee homes with people sleeping inside on fire which I do not consider two equivalent acts but maybe that's because I have consumed too much insidious leftist propaganda.
    Ah shit, sorry that was me not thinking of the obvious -_-. Nonetheless I agree that antifa doesn't pose as much of a threat as the far-right but they are still a lesser evil, there were elements of the counter-protest who were there to fight in the same way that elements of the "Unite the Right" protest were.

Blog Entries
    Sure but as far as stopping Nazi congregations goes the antifa has proven to be the most effective measure. You can argue methods but it works. Personally, knowing they are out there makes me feel safer. Bit like the police, those also sometimes hit people but were all happy they are there.

then again i dont own a car

Blog Entries
    Sure but as far as stopping Nazi congregations goes the antifa has proven to be the most effective measure. You can argue methods but it works. Personally, knowing they are out there makes me feel safer. Bit like the police, those also sometimes hit people but were all happy they are there.

then again i dont own a car
    I mean, if you're main priority is stopping the "congregation" of Nazis (assumedly the spread of Nazism) then sure violence would be effective. It suggests we don't have a more effective response which worries me, but it also encourages the use of violence to stop ideas that you disagree with which is a signature tactic of Authoritarianism. A bit different from the police is the fact that anyone could really be a member of antifa (to my understanding, as previously mentioned I'm not the most informed or smart) so I could theoretically put on a black ski mask and go and smash up my friends house, car and family because I disagree with his political views. It's an open movement which is both it's strength and it's weakness.