View Poll Results: U.K. Election Results?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Conservative victory

4 36.36%
  • Labour victory

1 9.09%
  • Hung Parliament

6 54.55%
Page 979 of 1046 FirstFirst ... 4798799299699749779789799809819849891029 ... LastLast
Results 19,561 to 19,580 of 20904

Thread: General News Thread

You're stupidity is terminal Five_X's Avatar
    Friend Code
    BN: FiveX#1720
    Blog Entries
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39318602

I'll be honest, I didn't even know he was still alive. Sad to hear nonetheless, his music is absolutely timeless.

The Manhattan Project: Is it a sin to kill for your country? In an age of nationalism, where do you draw the line between right and wrong? In the 1960s, eight people seek peace amidst war and tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Well if you ever want to make good posts, you know where to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Canada might be the ideal.
    [11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

sorry but I think this needs repeating

http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/assemb...lls/HB1894.pdf

Arkansas is attempting to, effectively, legislate that Trans people don't exist. The law proposed would make birth sex set in stone by making the birth certificate immutable. What's more, there's ~wacky judicial precedence~ that undercuts the option of getting it altered out of state!

"In the 2002 Kansas Supreme Court case in re Estate of Gardiner, the Court ruled that the Full Faith and Credit Clause did not require Kansas to accept the substance of an out-of-state birth certificate, only that the certificate had been issued. The fraud charges filed against a trans woman for having a legally amended Wisconsin birth certificate were therefore invalid, however Kansas was legally entitled to declare her to be legally male, retroactively void her marriage, and strip her of inheritance from her late husband.

This deeply malicious decision hinged on the following technicality: although Full Faith and Credit is defined as applying to "the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State.", there are standing precedents that it only applies absolutely to judicial proceedings; it does not require any state to fully enforce the laws of any other state, and there are as yet no detailed precedents on the extent of application to public records. Therefore, Kansas held that it was entitled to treat public records like public acts and not grant absolute deference to them as it is required to for judicial proceedings.

Note that this is a case of the judges willfully bending the law into pretzels to reach an outcome predetermined by their own bigotry. A legal change of gender is in fact a judicial proceeding that has to go to court, not an administrative update to public records. It would actually be better for trans people if this were not the case, since the judicial proceedings in question cost between $150 and $300 depending on state. In any case, the Kansas ruling uses a legal sleight-of-hand to ignore this judicial proceeding, since they're "officially" only looking at the end result, the amended birth certificate which is a public record."

Blog Entries
    T_T

Damn man, why are all my childhood heroes leaving in such a short timespan.
    "Life is a serious battle, and you have to use the tools you are given.
    It's more important to master the cards you're holding rather than complain about the ones your opponent was dealt."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Whis View Post
    sorry but I think this needs repeating

http://www.arkleg.state.ar.us/assemb...lls/HB1894.pdf

Arkansas is attempting to, effectively, legislate that Trans people don't exist. The law proposed would make birth sex set in stone by making the birth certificate immutable. What's more, there's ~wacky judicial precedence~ that undercuts the option of getting it altered out of state!

"In the 2002 Kansas Supreme Court case in re Estate of Gardiner, the Court ruled that the Full Faith and Credit Clause did not require Kansas to accept the substance of an out-of-state birth certificate, only that the certificate had been issued. The fraud charges filed against a trans woman for having a legally amended Wisconsin birth certificate were therefore invalid, however Kansas was legally entitled to declare her to be legally male, retroactively void her marriage, and strip her of inheritance from her late husband.

This deeply malicious decision hinged on the following technicality: although Full Faith and Credit is defined as applying to "the public Acts, Records, and judicial Proceedings of every other State.", there are standing precedents that it only applies absolutely to judicial proceedings; it does not require any state to fully enforce the laws of any other state, and there are as yet no detailed precedents on the extent of application to public records. Therefore, Kansas held that it was entitled to treat public records like public acts and not grant absolute deference to them as it is required to for judicial proceedings.

Note that this is a case of the judges willfully bending the law into pretzels to reach an outcome predetermined by their own bigotry. A legal change of gender is in fact a judicial proceeding that has to go to court, not an administrative update to public records. It would actually be better for trans people if this were not the case, since the judicial proceedings in question cost between $150 and $300 depending on state. In any case, the Kansas ruling uses a legal sleight-of-hand to ignore this judicial proceeding, since they're "officially" only looking at the end result, the amended birth certificate which is a public record."
    Something something burn the country to the ground and plow it with salt
    My attempts at being a (fanfic) writer:

Eclipse - a Saber Alter oneshot
    Requiem for a Race - Altrouge and Ortenrosse hunt the TAs ( 1/3 chapters, discontinued )
    Memories of a King - a 'Saber Origins' story ( 8/? chapters, discontiuned )
    A Small Warmth - a post UBW-Good oneshot, Saber/Rin
    Devil's Thrill - Narbareck hunts down a DAA Blackmore ( 10/10 chapters, finished )
    Boundary of Loneliness - Ryougi Shiki/Alphard Al-Shua oneshot. Lemon-flavoured

Blog Entries
    US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson has told China's President Xi Jinping that President Donald Trump looks forward to visiting his country, and to enhancing understanding between the states.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-39318872

The gunman who attacked soldiers at Orly airport in Paris on Saturday told his father he had "screwed up" earlier and wanted forgiveness.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39320530
    It's more important to master the cards you're holding rather than complain about the ones your opponent was dealt."

Blog Entries
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-39325206

Norway is the happiest country in the world
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm77 View Post
    He's just putting the bone of his sword into other people until it explodes and lets out parts of him inside them.

Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    yeah, mfw russia happier than any baltics
    maybe we should get back...

You're stupidity is terminal Five_X's Avatar
    Friend Code
    BN: FiveX#1720
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmadillo View Post
    yeah, mfw russia happier than any baltics
    maybe we should get back...
    Very happy. So happy in Russia, only happy people allowed to go to polls! Is excellent system, comrade.
    The Manhattan Project: Is it a sin to kill for your country? In an age of nationalism, where do you draw the line between right and wrong? In the 1960s, eight people seek peace amidst war and tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by LeopardBear View Post
    Well if you ever want to make good posts, you know where to start.
    Canada might be the ideal.
    [11:20:46 AM] GlowStiks: lucina is supes attractive
    [12:40] Lace: lucina is amazing
    [12:40] Neir: lucina is pretty much flawless

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    Speaking of Russians the FBI is officially investigating Trump for colluding with Russia

Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    I was fascinated by one of his tweets on the matter.

Why is he re-raising the spectre of the electoral college? How does he think it's biased toward the Democrats? Given he won the college and lost the electoral vote, what purpose on this earth does it serve to both highlight and then imply criticism of the awkward system which delivered him to power?

I just don't understand.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair

Eightfold Blessings of Smug Superiority Rafflesiac's Avatar
    Friend Code
    Shoot me a PM
    Blog Entries
    Don't you remember how he triumphed against the biased liberal system and won the popular vote with the help of the little guy flyover states?
    Supports:

Quote Originally Posted by Arashi_Leonhart View Post
    canon finish apo vol 3

Blog Entries
    Pretty sure he still maintains that he definitely won the popular vote and Hillary only beat him in that because of a horde of millions of illegal immigrants committing mass voter fraud

Friend Code
    Todestrieb
    Blog Entries
    What's the working definition of "Russian hack" these days?

Quote Originally Posted by GayBeamu View Post
    Pretty sure he still maintains that he definitely won the popular vote and Hillary only beat him in that because of a horde of millions of illegal immigrants committing mass voter fraud
    He mostly just stopped talking about it

The only Saber Clone that matters Ace's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post

Why is he re-raising the spectre of the electoral college? How does he think it's biased toward the Democrats? Given he won the college and lost the electoral vote, what purpose on this earth does it serve to both highlight and then imply criticism of the awkward system which delivered him to power?

I just don't understand.
    Not the same tweet but this was pretty funny

Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seika View Post

I just don't understand.
    Technically it was advantage because even states that were not considered swing states went with Trump. But the next point is true.
    Last edited by Cruor; March 20th, 2017 at 09:37 PM.
    The Hall of Selected Cruor Praise
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Oh right.

GLORIOUS CRUOR SENPAI RECOMMENDED THIS TO ME HE IS THE BEST USER EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    1. Your favourite character and why.
    Curor, I mean the man likes DDD, he must have had a hard life, yet he's still trying so hard.
    Cruor is so handsome and nice I want to brush his perfect hair and maybe caress his rosy cheeks. Now put me in your sig ya fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    If only people praised me as much as they praise you, Cruor-sama!
    Quote Originally Posted by Polly View Post
    Cruor is very nice

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    Not the same tweet but this was pretty funny

Blog Entries
    but his binders
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries
    The former IRA leader turned peacemaker, Martin McGuinness, Northern Ireland's former deputy first minister, has died aged 66.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-39185899

Lots of mixed emotions in response to this.

Blog Entries
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.28ddd3b9187b

I wonder if President Grump will show up and rape the female puppets
    Quote Originally Posted by lantzblades View Post
    says the hater, you keep on hating, i'll be around ignoring your invalid, incorrect opinion.
    [18:00] Spinach: Because I don't like Saber's personality but boy oh boy does she make my dick turn to diamonds when I see her getting tentacled.
    [18:01] Leo: feeling superior to EU makes me hard
    [16:16] <Bloble> Drakengard? Is that a rhythm game?