View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1015 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 1551591596510051010101310141015101610171020102510651115 ... LastLast
Results 20,281 to 20,300 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Gläubig müssen die nicht sein, daran glauben müssen sie I3uster's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There is no effective lawful response when people that openly adhere to white nationalist ideas are counseling or even part of the government, sadly. At that point you can either choose inaction or unlawful action.

Though there are also nonviolent ways of stopping these congregations like blockades, not like every counterprotest ends in some kind of moshpit.
    [04:55] Lianru: i3uster is actuallly quite cute

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by I3uster View Post
    There is no effective lawful response when people that openly adhere to white nationalist ideas are counseling or even part of the government, sadly. At that point you can either choose inaction or unlawful action.

Though there are also nonviolent ways of stopping these congregations like blockades, not like every counterprotest ends in some kind of moshpit.
    I'd hope that reasoned discussion could be a solution but it seems less and less effective nowadays. But hey, let's just wait for that to become unlawful as authoritarianism seems to be the prevailing ideology from all sides of the spectrum (you'd think authoritarian centre wouldn't work... you'd be surprised). Hopefully less people will be hurt or killed next time something like this happens, it's even more disturbing when groups like /pol/ claim that they have taken "first blood".
    Quote Originally Posted by Daneel Rush View Post
    Summer Events: Deepest Lore.
    These are my Servant and Master sheets I hope you enjoy reading them:
    Servant And Master Sheets

Blog Entries
    Reasoning with groups whose explicit goal is extermination of certain people is not gonna work. Where do you compromise, they only get to gas a limited quota?

Blog Entries
    Reasoning with groups whose explicit goal is extermination of certain people is not gonna work. Where do you compromise, they only get to gas a limited quota?
    I meant convince them they are wrong and shouldn't believe they need to exterminate people

antifa... Personally, knowing they are out there makes me feel safer.
    Antifa are scary

Blog Entries
    walk up to a religious person and convince them with your reasoned arguments that god is not real

I mean you can try but well, the base assumption they operate from is already irrational so what are your rational arguments going to do exactly?

Not that this is impossible on principle, there's rehabilitation programs for extremists like that that work fine, like in Germany, but they do not significantly weaken the movement.

Blog Entries
    M'antifa
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Blog Entries

shouldnt be new should it

Banned
    Sure the fascists drive cars through crowds of people and support ethnic purging, but did you know that antifa broke a window once?

Banned
    By the way Leo you strangely never had any commentary on the cosplay attempted massacre where was your wisdom then?

Throwing up peace signs doesn't keep violent ideologies down. I think history should have taught us that. There is a reason we are rightfully fighting IS terrorism with weapons, and not heart emotes.

But by all means,
    condemn someone for opposing fascism, that one ideology in particular that has the blood of millions of people on it's hands.

“I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.”

Banned
    Bystanders are perpetrators, per modern Holocaust scholarship.

A thousand retarded American Nazis who are a complete laughing stock is hardly a new Holocaust.

Banned
    The idea is not to sit around until a new one, which they want, is credible.

Blog Entries
    They have demonstrated their intent to kill and have avenues of political power up to the highest office of the state.

Nazi Germany is not upon the US but it is cause for concern to put it lightly. Starting to visibly oppose them now seems like a good idea.

Blog Entries
    walk up to a religious person and convince them with your reasoned arguments that god is not real

I mean you can try but well, the base assumption they operate from is already irrational so what are your rational arguments going to do exactly?

Not that this is impossible on principle, there's rehabilitation programs for extremists like that that work fine, like in Germany, but they do not significantly weaken the movement.
    Well... indirect comparisons of fascism and religion aside (I could say that you're base assumptions are already irrational) I'd try and hope that most of humanity are sensible people but I've been proven wrong almost every day of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by 2Bad View Post
    Sure the fascists drive cars through crowds of people and support ethnic purging, but did you know that antifa broke a window once?
    Okay that's not even contributing much to the discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Lace View Post
    Throwing up peace signs doesn't keep violent ideologies down. I think history should have taught us that. There is a reason we are rightfully fighting IS terrorism with weapons, and not heart emotes.

But by all means,
    condemn someone for opposing fascism, that one ideology in particular that has the blood of millions of people on it's hands.

“I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.”
    That's not what I was arguing, I wasn't "condemning someone for opposing fascism" and, unless you aren't responding to me, that probably means that you think "anyone that I disagree with is a fascist YAY!"

Don't get me wrong though, I completely support peaceful protests against white nationalism.

Of course they should be opposed.

I've seen some really popular takes online trying to equate them with all Republicans though, and that's very fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock1110 View Post
    Unless you aren't responding to me, that probably means that you think "anyone that I disagree with is a fascist YAY!"
    Just today my mom told me she doesn't like cats, that fascist pig.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Strife ❤️ View Post
    Of course they should be opposed.

I've seen some really popular takes online trying to equate them with all Republicans though, and that's very fucked up.
    Equating conservatism with fascism is a falsehood, yes.

Blog Entries
    seeing that you equate every antifascist with scorched earth anarchists it seems to be a pretty popular and effective way of agitation