View Poll Results: Will Trump be impeached? If so, when?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 year

8 8.89%
  • 2 years

11 12.22%
  • 3 years

3 3.33%
  • 4 years

2 2.22%
  • Unimpeached after one term

22 24.44%
  • 5 years

0 0%
  • 6 years

0 0%
  • 7 years

0 0%
  • 8 years

0 0%
  • Unimpeached after two terms

14 15.56%
  • El Presidente For Life cannot be impeached

30 33.33%
Page 1026 of 1468 FirstFirst ... 2652692697610161021102410251026102710281031103610761126 ... LastLast
Results 20,501 to 20,520 of 29355

Thread: General News Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SpoonyViking View Post
    I'll accept the chastisement. You're an asshole, but you're right. My mistake.
    I don't really recall going at you besides this one snide history remark but asshole, sure.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    We have hate speech laws in Canada, but there's still the same kind of debate on how to apply and enforce it. It doesn't magically solve all problems.

Also, there's a clear difference between saying certain forms of hateful speech should be against the law (which I have no issue with), and taking it upon yourself to attack people who make such speech. In the same way that there's a difference between taxation and random theft (sorry Libertarians), or prison and kidnapping.

Drunk Anime Is The True Path. Mattias's Avatar
    US Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RoydGolden View Post
    We have hate speech laws in Canada, but there's still the same kind of debate on how to apply and enforce it. It doesn't magically solve all problems.

Also, there's a clear difference between saying certain forms of hateful speech should be against the law (which I have no issue with), and taking it upon yourself to attack people who make such speech. In the same way that there's a difference between taxation and random theft (sorry Libertarians), or prison and kidnapping.
    There are, but what do you do when the judge who's supposed to rule against hate speech is wearing his Lynch-Em-All '17 t-shirt under his robes? Or in this case, the President isn't wearing a white hood because he couldn't figure out how to work the scissors to cut his bedsheets.
    Binged All Of Gundam In 4 Years, 1 Week and All I Got Was This Stupid Mask

FF XIV: Walked to the End

Started Legend of the Galactic Heroes (14/07/23), pray for me.

Banned
    Also, there's a clear difference between saying certain forms of hateful speech should be against the law (which I have no issue with), and taking it upon yourself to attack people who make such speech.
    When the laws do not exist or are not enforced, direct action is the only recourse.

The smell of the lukewarm ocean and the chorus of cicadas RoydGolden's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattias View Post
    There are, but what do you do when the judge who's supposed to rule against hate speech is wearing his Lynch-Em-All '17 t-shirt under his robes? Or in this case, the President isn't wearing a white hood because he couldn't figure out how to work the scissors to cut his bedsheets.
    That's a difficult situation I'll admit.

Banned
    Reminder that the right is the eternal enemy of all vulnerable groups
    https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/whi...ban-1503534757

Banned
    Another likely right wing attack on protestors in St Louis. A car drove into a crowd of marchers from a vigil for a transwomen murdered by the police.

Blog Entries

Precisely, taxation is systemic theft, and accordingly more evil
    Quote Originally Posted by asterism42 View Post
    That time they checked out that hot guy they were just admiring his watch, yeah?

Taxes are a citizen's sacred duty.

Banned
    Same but unironically.

Spending those taxes in aid of the citizenry as a whole is the government's sacred duty.

I wasn't being ironic. Ideally you should be getting what you pay for. Even if the only thing the establishment does for you is send you cops or firemen in an emergency, that still costs money.

don't look at the ears Marmadillo's Avatar
    JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    so if i can put out fires and defend myself on my own, i don't have to pay taxes?

I'm sure there are still untouched pacific islands you could go to to make the no civ dream come true.

JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    please give ancap a tiny bit more credit by not equating civilization with the state

Riddle me an instance of civilization where you don't have to submit to some form of social contract in the world today.

JP Friend Code
    501086179/marmadillo
    Blog Entries
    you are again equating the state with society
    you have to prove that the tacit consent to live in a society is the same as a tacit consent to submit to a government

Then answer my question to educate me onegai

Banned
    The state is the framework by which mass society is organized, not some separate magic thing.

AnCaps deserve no credit.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Taxes are a citizen's sacred duty.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bad View Post
    Spending those taxes in aid of the citizenry as a whole is the government's sacred duty.
    In which we note the deification of the nation.
    Beast's Lair: Useful Notes
    (Lightweight | PDF)
    Updated 01/01/15

If posts are off-topic, trolling, terrible or offensive, please allow me to do my job. Reporting keeps your forum healthy.
    Seika moderates: modly clarifications, explanations, Q&A, and the British conspiracy to de-codify BL's constitution.

Democracy on Beast's Lair