Thread: Building Better Worlds -- An Alien Survival/Horror RP

Blog Entries

Building Better Worlds -- An Alien Survival/Horror RP

Welcome aboard the USCSS Shushett. Currently, we are in transit to Weyland-Yutani Mining Outpost C-3301. Estimated time of arrival:

165D 21H 6M

Current Cargo:
    1 WEYLAND-YUTANI ORBITAL REFINERY #00654

Crew Member Status: Hypersleep

Premature Cryo Thaw Rights granted to BR-TH-ER upon necessary circumstances.

Auto-pilot Navigation Systems functional.

Enjoy your safe journey through the stars.

-------------

Though of course nothing is ever safe with this franchise. So, thought I’d take a stab at GMing an RP with an Alien Survival-Horror. Mimicks the first Alien movie with some changes. You are part of the crew of the Shushett, a towing ship like the Nostromo, but a different model and class. Your cargo: a mineral refinery for a mining outpost quite a ways away.

Character Template I totally didnt copy from Moony’s train robbery then edit to my liking:
    Spoiler:

Name: Self-explanatory.

Age: How old you are. This is a vessel that wouldnt be hiring teenagers by the way (tyranny I know) so aim no less that late 20s.

Gender: Male, Female (for this RP no androids unless you can give a pretty damn good explanation which I highly doubt you can).

Nationality/Ethnicity: Where on Earth did you come from?

Psych Profile: Now this is where its gonna differ from your usual template. You arent a mage or a soldier or some politician. Youre more than likely just a guy or gal who works for Weyland Yutani after getting a degree in your field of interest. Here youre gonna give a bit of a description as to the personality of your character as he normally acts, but then how you would have him/her be under stress. Are you quick to panic when the going gets rough? If you were on the Nostromo and saw the greatest Alien character, Captain Dallas, get killed in the vents (/spoiler), would you be able to keep a level head as the brave man got dragged away? Or would it be game over man, game over? Remember that you arent starting off not knowing who anyone else is. You have worked together for a while, so try to include both what peoples’ impressions of you should be at the moment, and how they might change later on when shit goes down.

Skills: So here you will come up with three skills, preferably relating to your position though I wont restrict you to that. This is perhaps your only opportunity to meta here (that I wont frown upon anyways). Pick three skills you think could potentially be useful. The catch is that you need to give reason as to why you have it. The Medical Officer wouldnt have something like Ship Navigation on there for example. These are just things that could give you a cutting edge in a scenario your crew mates may not possess. Like anyone could learn how to disinfect a wound, but the Medical Officer could have a skill of surgery.

1. Name: Description
    2. Name: Description
    3. Name: Description

ROLES:
    As mentioned in the template, I am adding a Medical Officer. Besides that though (and the fact i'm not including a cat) this is a crew set identical to that of the Nostromo. Now when it comes to submitting profiles, you have to choose which role you are aiming for. Due to this I will let you submit 3 profiles max (it can be the same guy three times but tweaked to fit a different position if you want, or if youre up for it you could make three completely different characters). If you could, post which roles you are aiming for in the comments so I can keep track of how much competition some might be getting over others.

Captain/Ship’s Master --
    Executive Officer --
    Warrant Officer --
    Science Officer --
    Navigation Officer --
    Chief Engineer --
    Engineer’s Mate/Engineering Technician --
    Medical Officer --

So yeah, 8 players here. Not first come first serve, I’ll be choosing based on both effort put in as well as how reputable you are for holding up RPs or not here. Dont want someone to make a profile then never post, resulting in a boring first death.

Due date for profiles is February 6th (muh birthday so I remember myself).

Right I think thats everything covered. New to this so let me know if I missed anything potentially important.

Blog Entries
    Can you link me a sample of your writing

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinach View Post
    Can you link me a sample of your writing
    BRB gonna look on purple forum.

- - - Updated - - -

http://darksidemoon.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,410.msg22505.html#msg22505

Character at the time was Rock from Black Lagoon.

Havent done anything off of Roll20 in a while.

Blog Entries
    Aliens RP.

inb4 everyone competes for the Engineer slots

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuroyuki View Post
    Aliens RP.
    Alien*

There be a difference.

Do you feel like a hero yet? Soldat der Trauer's Avatar
    A world that never was, a dream that might yet be.
    Seegson Working Joes whar?
    Let the victor...be justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mcjon01 View Post
    Metal Gear's conception of cyborgs has now convinced me that the real reason there were no more Holy Grail Wars is because Servants became obsolete in the near future, and that past humans and their superiority can just bend over and take it from modern technology.
    @Bloble: You shut the hell up, you're like in every RP on the page, you MIRACULOUSLY LUCKY whore-monger. You not getting in is like me winning the lottery in two states, obtaining a girlfriend, and not ending up nursing another migraine, simultaneously, by the end of this evening.

Blog Entries