Thread: Preemptive Strikes

Preemptive Strikes

I was reviewing some of the information from Apocrypha earlier today and something came to mind that I found rather unusual; Jack's skill Murderer of the Misty Night allows for preemptive strikes against all opponents, unconditionally, as long as it's night time. However, Jack also has Presence Concealment A+, which basically makes her undetectable until she prepares to attack anyway. Why exactly does she need both? Is this implying that surprise attacks initiated by breaking Presence Concealment aren't considered 'preemptive', or is there something else I'm missing here?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry Jam View Post
    I was reviewing some of the information from Apocrypha earlier today and something came to mind that I found rather unusual; Jack's skill Murderer of the Misty Night allows for preemptive strikes against all opponents, unconditionally, as long as it's night time. However, Jack also has Presence Concealment A+, which basically makes her undetectable until she prepares to attack anyway. Why exactly does she need both? Is this implying that surprise attacks initiated by breaking Presence Concealment aren't considered 'preemptive', or is there something else I'm missing here?
    When she prepares to attack her PC will break allowing someone to block her move. Murderer eliminates that weakness. They're very synergistic skills.

Blog Entries
    Unless you're Mo-san, then it just ends with you probably getting shanked.

闇色の六王権 The Dark Six
    Blog Entries
    Instinct was that good?

JP Friend Code
    Blog Entries
    More like Assassins are just terrible even if they have something like that.

全力後輩 - Zenryoku Kohai Altima of the Gates's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    ^Yup, and with that, we close this thread.